Sign in to follow this  
Korneel

Arma 3 - Marksmen Community Challenge

I wonder, do you actually need to finish in time, or can you just stand there picking off at targets until they are all down?

I think I got the achievement yesterday just doing my initial slow practise run when I was trying to figure out where the bonus targets were, rather than trying it in competitive mode. My practise time was definitely longer than the Bronze time.

He's a godsend compared to the "SHIT YOU MISSED!" rangemaster on the Khe Sanh. :D

Oh, that guy. I was court-martialed like a hundred times because of that bugger. :D

I think I got the achievement yesterday just doing my initial slow practise run when I was trying to figure out where the bonus targets were, rather than trying it in competitive mode. My practise time was definitely longer than the Bronze time.

You can't receive the bronze time, because this time was before they added the new fatigue and sway system :rolleyes:

Maybe they need to advertise it a little bit more than the forums, which is at maximum %1 of the whole arma 3 community. Some video on arma3offical or dslyecxi, or a Steam announcement like the Payday 2 community challenge had (Which was a major success)?

I already had completed the achievement! But it will be difficult to reach 4%! this need more publicity!

I told everyone I know yesterday to help out, but it's still just 1,3% :(

Steam achievements aren't exactly the most reliable things to use for this kind of thing. They're notoriously buggy to "unlock".

Was the release date yet annouced for the DLC? I hope the steam just refresh that achievement stats slow, else could be hard to reach even 1.4%. :)

I'm not a child to earn ridiculous and pathetic achievement. I do not play in the campaign. I do not use a lot of things that are required in achievement. I play multiplayer. Maybe popups. Hallelujah, you opened the door or gate. I must admit that sometimes opening the door or gate is an incredible achievement. Sometimes difficult to close. I do not have time for such nonsense. Someone should look for simple mistakes before issuing another update (broken compass, missing sounds, smoke screen, etc.) And not invent nonsense achieve. We understand some difficulties for years. However, our patience is running out. Many people have already gone. May simply ordinary counter, log on, a simple entry in the forum. Enough of this childishness in Arma 3 Arma 3 metamorphosing into a zombie, AL, etc.

TELL OTHER ARMA 3 PLAYERS ABOUT THE MARKSMEN COMMUNITY CHALLENGE

They will mock me and hurl tomatoes.

I'm not a child to earn ridiculous and pathetic achievement. I do not play in the campaign. I do not use a lot of things that are required in achievement. I play multiplayer. Maybe popups. Hallelujah, you opened the door or gate. I must admit that sometimes opening the door or gate is an incredible achievement. Sometimes difficult to close. I do not have time for such nonsense. Someone should look for simple mistakes before issuing another update (broken compass, missing sounds, smoke screen, etc.) And not invent nonsense achieve. We understand some difficulties for years. However, our patience is running out. Many people have already gone. May simply ordinary counter, log on, a simple entry in the forum. Enough of this childishness in Arma 3 Arma 3 metamorphosing into a zombie, AL, etc.

I'll bite and be the guy who repeats this for the millionth of time.

People who work on various parts of the game are not the people who show you screenshots, organize events like this and do the PR for the company. It's like complaining to the hotel maid that the food during the breakfast was undercooked.

You obviously have enough time to write such bullshit in forums.

That's a shame. The Campaign was really good, i played it twice, and i'm planning on playing it one last time when JSRS 3 comes out, but, everything you said has nothing to do with this Community Challenge. Maybe you've bumped your head just a little too hard, but this is an Official Arma 3 Challenge.

Thank you for all the comments. I wish good luck. Maybe I misunderstood but still not enough participants. I wonder why.

Edited by grzegorz

Well, I also don't normally go for the challenges, but it's a game, so why not? Somehow I didn't manage to receive the achievement until I watched DarkSideSixOfficial official guide and learned that these red lollipops are the bonus targets. I had taken them for a part of the decoration and never shot at them. So, thanks for the guide!

Well, I also don't normally go for the challenges, but it's a game, so why not? Somehow I didn't manage to receive the achievement until I watched DarkSideSixOfficial official guide and learned that these red lollipops are the bonus targets. I had taken them for a part of the decoration and never shot at them. So, thanks for the guide!

You're not alone, I thought they are decorations, too

it took over night for the thing to show up in steam but its done eventually. Never been my favourite part of arma3. think the controls needs to be a bit more fluid for the tight move and fire challenge. idea is nice but it highlight (imo) how the animation system is not quite up to scratch for truly stress free movement in CQB.

JSRS 3 has already been released, it's called JSRS Dragonfyre now.

Not quite, that'd be RC4 version of JSRS, which still has bugs. Once the full version is out, ill giving the Campaign a go once more.

it took over night for the thing to show up in steam but its done eventually. Never been my favourite part of arma3. think the controls needs to be a bit more fluid for the tight move and fire challenge. idea is nice but it highlight (imo) how the animation system is not quite up to scratch for truly stress free movement in CQB.

Yes, indeed. The challenge is actually not the shooting, it's the maneuvering around the course without getting stuck. Especially the rotation point is a huge no-go.

Yes, indeed. The challenge is actually not the shooting, it's the maneuvering around the course without getting stuck. Especially the rotation point is a huge no-go.

Agree totally.

Off Topic - sorry - but does anyone else think the destruction of the Red course bonus plate targets would make an excellent bullet hit effect?

Agree totally.

Off Topic - sorry - but does anyone else think the destruction of the Red course bonus plate targets would make an excellent bullet hit effect?

Certainly. Alot of vanilla effects in Arma could be alot better, but that's not a main priority for them ATM.

Certainly. Alot of vanilla effects in Arma could be alot better, but that's not a main priority for them ATM.

It's one of the things I love about BIS...looking forward to more years of fine tuning and tweaking..... don't know many other game companies that do that!