twisted

All The Weapons

Want to use your favorite weapon mods in arma 3 official campaigns and missions?

this mod lets you do that.

A weapon replacement mod that automatically replaces default Arma weapons with any weapon mods you have installed

- All The Weapons -

for example.

East soldiers automatically get weapons like AKs and RPK and SVD,

West get m4 and m16 and m249 and more.

Independents G3 and FAL and Aks of course.

It all depends on which weapon addons you have running for arma 3.

if you have multiple weapon mods or similar this mod will load one from them at random based on the units side and class. So snipers get sniper/marksmen rifles, Machinegunners get machineguns, etc.

The addon will check every newly spawned unit and assign them a random rifle load out based on their side. tested and working with HLC (Toadies), RHS, SMA, RH, EricJ's work, CUPS, Massi's and almost all other weapon addons. Will be updated as needed if new packs come out.

------

2z8c3v5.jpg

All The Weapons is an AddOn that replaces defualt arma 3 weapon with those from 3-rd party weapon addons to most missions including Official ARMA 3 missions. And it does this automatically.

East soldiers get weapons like AKs and RPK and SVD, West get m4 and m16 and m249 and more. Independents G3 and FAL. It all depends on which weapon addons you have downloaded and activated for your arma 3.

To prevent breaking survival type missions, if a character spawns without a weapon this script will not run for that character. This is intentional.

If weapons from your favorite addon pack are not showing up, please let me know here and I'll add them.

IMPORTANT. please. Test it out in multiplayer. NOTE ALL PLAYERS MUST HAVE THE SAME MODS.

Expect occasional updates to add weapon names of addons not yet incorporated but right now over 90% of all existing and new weapon addons should automatically work fine as long as the mod authors name their weapons conventionally (ie XXXX_m16) the important bit is the _m16

small demo video - > https://youtu.be/0_7eSQdQbH0

Feedback welcome.

New version out.

updated to solve rare error of accessories not defined.

Version A. All weapons change automatically version is here > https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=434595503

Version B. Only ai weapons change automatically, player weapons stay the same > https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=520665250

PS - This addon is of course for entertainment purposes only. Any commercial use is strictly prohibited without prior permission.

thanks Foxhound and kecharles28 for the download links!

Edited by twisted
update
  • Like 2

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Het twisted this is a very cool addon. Ty! i only know one mission that has a similar system on it and is WLA. With this now i can use that feature outisde that mission. Big thanks mate!

Disregard Post. I don't think the bug I posted has anything to do with this mod. My sincere apologies.

Edited by -POET-
Incorrect reason for bug post

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@twisted;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Disregard Post. I don't think the bug I posted has anything to do with this mod. My sincere apologies.

Hi, I have tested this quite a bit with the campaign and it works. Only issue i find is that every new mission gives you a new rifle (not a bad thing but sometimes simply going back to camp counts as a new mission on its own). And sometimes BIS seem to have defined your team as independent as opposed to west so this addon gives you AKs and PKMs instead of m4 and Scars (if the weapon addons you're using have those weapon of course)

Edited by twisted

Hi twisted, quality edition I've always wanted something like this.

So in the campaign, it seems to spawn me and a couple of the Ai with an LRR or raheem sniper or dmr weapons more often than not running just Rob Hammers stuff. I'll try with HLC instead see if its any better.

Thanks.

Edited by Jeza

Feature requests:

Config to dictate variables such as whether player should be effected by script, whether long range rifles or heavy AT should be included in the swap (swapping an rpg for a metis could be bad for mission flow), whether to use BIS or addon ammo for addon weapons that support it, whether attachments should pull from addon pool or not... I think that about exhausts what would make this mod perfect for me. Great work Twisted. This will make SP missions and the campaign feel a whole lot less cheap while playing with awesome addon guns (VAA was getting old, and was too powerful not to sway my morals mid-mission)

Hi twisted, quality edition I've always wanted something like this.

So in the campaign, it seems to spawn me and a couple of the Ai with an LRR or raheem sniper or dmr weapons more often than not running just Rob Hammers stuff. I'll try with HLC instead see if its any better.

Thanks.

Thanks man, weapons are chosen at random so no one weapon should be chosen than any other. I recommend mixing up multiple weapon packs for the most variety. But be prepared to scavenge ammo and attachments more often. It makes missions different every time. Scopes are added to weapons about 60 percent of the time but I'll probably raise that figure and add more chance of attachments life lasers being added. W

@TheCapulet, thanks, the campaign feels really different when you're able to go in with an m4 or AK. I'll look into your suggestions but the two most important parts of this mod are that it runs automatically so no user fiddling is required and that it gives access to all the add on weapons you have installed to play the main campaign and missions with. Launchers are on the to do list but like you said getting the wrong one can ruin mission flow.

Great idea, Twisted! I usually pop NSS_AC tools up or MCC´s Virtual Arsenal to change my loadout, but you addon will do that automatically for me, and even challenge me a bit with the possibility of not having a proper scope sometimes... I was going to ask which mods your code supports, then I´ve read better the OP, but you don´t mention Massi´s NATO/Spetsnaz pack, does it supports it (as it is the most populated weapon pack, beside´s EricJ´s lol)

It´s even better than replacement packs cus it randomizes with the side criteria, just loved it!

Edit: I see it randomizes headgear... I´d rather not have this level of randomization (or at least have an userconfig.cpp to config it as optional), cus so far it seems to have exchanged all helmets for caps and berets, and I´ve just looted a CSAT soldier using a UK SF cap =P (kinda immersion breaking) otherwise the weapon replacement is great =)

Edit 2: on the Infantry showcase, wounded and the pinned down NATO soldiers were armed with Aks... (and I see Sudden weapons are supported, your code is really compreensive/wide open to community weapon selections =)

Edit 3: I haven´t seen any pistols so far, maybe your code is disabling them? I´d love to see pistols being added as RH pistols would have serious usage (as it has makarovs, DE, glocks etc... well, massi´s have a lot of pistols too)

Cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

Yes, it should definitely support massi's great pack. In fact it should support nearly all packs now and in the future as long as the mod authors use naming conventions like xxxxx_m16.

Edit, yes hand guns are removed now and will be added in. Probably this weekend. Headgear get changed at random as I didn't like the look of the futuristic helmets so much but I'll probably remove that tonight and leave existing Headgear in.

Edited by twisted

Yes, it should definitely support massi's great pack. In fact it should support nearly all packs now and in the future as long as the mod authors use naming conventions like xxxxx_m16.

Edit, yes hand guns are removed now and will be added in. Probably this weekend. Headgear get changed at random as I didn't like the look of the futuristic helmets so much but I'll probably remove that tonight and leave existing Headgear in.

I don´t like the Space-Bug helmets either, so I use CSAT mod (by TheEvanCat) which makes CSAT wear helmets/vest/uniforms close to STKRGB (british mod) but with CSAT camo lol

Well, you don´t have to remove the headgear randomization, just make it optional (an extra addon for turning it on/off =)

Good to know the pistols are going to be added back... loving it a lot =)

cheers!

Updated version. see first post.

Now doesn't remove hats, helmets or handguns.

Small chance to give silencer as well as flashlight.

Any bugs please let me know but i have tested it and it works fine.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

Small error found. sorry.

Magazines from your original rifle wasnt always being deleted. Fixed. not perfectly though. non loaded magazines still stay. will sort it out this weekend.

Also removed handguns from AI as they keep using them instead of rifles. That's a death sentence in combat and a pet peeve of mine. I have however kept pistols for players.

updated link in first post.

chances are i wont get chance to update for a while unless any errors are found.

Edited by twisted

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Mod seems to work well with the opfor replacement pack that gives them proper Iranian looking gear, rather than Star Wars looking gear. Def something worth downloading if the futuristic looking crap bothers you like it does me.

This mod does not change anything for me. What's the problem? Tested with RHS(and CBA) and RHS + CUP(and CBA).

This mod does not change anything for me. What's the problem? Tested with RHS(and CBA) and RHS + CUP(and CBA).

What do you mean doesn't change anything? It should auto change your weapon to a random weapon from any of your installed mods. It had been tested quite a bit and works for quite a few people. I have tested it with cups and rhs to work.

That's weird. Have you tried testing it on the editor? Just open editor and place a playable unit down. When you preview the scene your weapon should auto change.

Ill try and help where I can

Hi, great mod. Something I have been wanting for sometime. Couple of questions, are scopes given an overall chance of spawn regardless of rifle? Just noticing a lot of sniper rifles without scopes. Any chance sniper rifles have greater chance of a scope attached? I'm also seeing marksmen and snipers with assault weapons and riflemen etc with sniper rifles. is this because the randomization does not consider unit type vs weapon type? Great mod dude, loving it with CSAT replacement mod.

Hi, great mod. Something I have been wanting for sometime. Couple of questions, are scopes given an overall chance of spawn regardless of rifle? Just noticing a lot of sniper rifles without scopes. Any chance sniper rifles have greater chance of a scope attached? I'm also seeing marksmen and snipers with assault weapons and riflemen etc with sniper rifles. is this because the randomization does not consider unit type vs weapon type? Great mod dude, loving it with CSAT replacement mod.

thanks lordsoth. I have given it a 85% of getting a scope on any weapon and a 50% chance of getting laser/flashlight and 20% for a silencer.

But my goal is to allow ALL your SCOPES and WEAPONS to have a chance of appearing. So that means a element of randomness to accomodate almost all the mods out there automatically. I always hunt down AI and steal their scopes (they stay in your vest as equipmnent from campiagn misison to mission), adds to the game play feel of shit happens and you have to adapt to overcome. but i know sometimes its cool to have just the right equipment.

And as the mod is wide open to all addons this makes differentiating sniper rifles from other types time consuimg. Cant promise anything right now but i'll try figure out a way of doing so without producing uber snipers all the time.

next update will be out tomorrow and have handguns included. Could i ask that if anyone has a favourite handgun pack could they please post the classnames of the handguns in that addon here and wthere they'd be a good fit for Blufor(b), Opfor(o) or Independant(i) as i also have to filter them? that would enable me to see all the kinds of weapon names and make the mod accomodate as many as possible. Right now I have done Robert Hammers pack and the default BIS handguns.

EDIT - update is now out that includes random handguns. v 1.3. see first post.

Edited by twisted

Hi, I have encountered a bit of an issue that I think is related to your mod. When playing big games like Pilgrimage or WLA where there is a lot of saving and reloading I use a mod called Moduload. This reinitializes the mods you have after a reload so they are all working properly. Unfortunately when I do this with your mod installed it also reinitializes your mod and as such my current weapon gets deleted and I get a random weapon from your mod reinitializing. Is there any way when this happens that the player and AI team mates are excluded from the pool of units that are spawned random weapons? Thanks.

Hi, I have encountered a bit of an issue that I think is related to your mod. When playing big games like Pilgrimage or WLA where there is a lot of saving and reloading I use a mod called Moduload. This reinitializes the mods you have after a reload so they are all working properly. Unfortunately when I do this with your mod installed it also reinitializes your mod and as such my current weapon gets deleted and I get a random weapon from your mod reinitializing. Is there any way when this happens that the player and AI team mates are excluded from the pool of units that are spawned random weapons? Thanks.

If you look at the version released yesterday I added an folder with the option for player weapon persistence. Just replace the pbo in the add-on directory with the persistent enable pbo.. This keeps the weapon you have but changes all ai to have a side appropriate weapon from any of the addons you have installed. This let's you keep the awesone weapon combo you scavenged on the last mission.

I can extend this to include ai groups as well. Will see how time goes.

Edited by twisted