El Tyranos

[WIP] Renault Trucks Defense VAB

the polycount rarely comes from the hull (if it does, it is either a very very complicated crazy alien curve thing, or somebody did it wrong)... it comes from the stuff you add to it - rails, doors, handles, etc

Yeah I'm up to 2600 now without doors, wheels or undercarriage. Plus more work on the body :)

Hey guys,

Crotin is now working on the cockpit part. On my side I'm trying to get turn out working properly on the 3 cargo hatches. Today I just wanted to introduce you the RCWS HMG.

YB1by6hl.jpg

Its hud is customized to approximately match to the real one, as well as fixed rotation speed, servo sounds, fixed rate of fire. I'd like to add a "low ammo" warning at the end of each ammo box, I will have a look at it in the end.

u8SuEFnl.jpg

iEgQMTEl.jpg

See you later for further updates.

Hi all ! Two WIP renders of the inside. I still have a lot of work to complete the cockpit, but it's 90% done for the rear cargo (some details missing yet, like an AT4). Enjoy :)

gcYYExfl.jpg

rFi5YQul.jpg

Thanks for your comments :) Stay tuned, some stuff are coming next week about the gunner's console.

Hey guys ! Today, a WIP render of the gunner's spot, with RCWS console and radio. I have to create a joystick and some wires now to complete these devices.

hXICP2Tl.jpg

Edited by crotin

For those who are (or were) in the french army, or simply interested in military stuff recognition, you'll notice that in order to save time, we chose not to include assets such as the "ER 315" radio, wich is set in french vehicles. This is actually the basic HMMWV ArmA 2 radio.

The screen will of course show a PIP, as in vanilla vehicles.

Another good news is that LordJarhead allowed us to use his .50 Cal sounds from JSRS. The VAB has now custom engine sounds and JSRS firing sounds.

Edited by ElTyranos

Excellent !

Very nice work. Everyone in my group is eager to play with your creation. We are desperately in need of french vehicles for our missions !

Hi ! Thanks mate, it's nice to read all your comments. Today, a new WIP of the cockpit.

V33qkYSl.jpg

Nice job !

Why's that :D ? The gunner stay inside the cockpit, fully protected from shrapnels and bullets, chilling in his seat and firing IAs with the remote device. So better than the hatche's positions...

http://i.imgur.com/r3hgvLp.jpg

With the new "fire from vehicle" feature, do you plan to give access to those rear hatches ingame for watching and firing ? Or is it too complicated ?

Yep, we have planned that and it's a major feature for both of us. Tyra is working on it these days but actually, it's a little bit complicated to achieve. He will explain this better than me. Likewise, the central hatche will be usable too as a commander role.

On my side, the cockpit modeling is 60% done. I have some details to add (wires, vents modules, pedals) and I will able to start the UVs and the texturing part soon. I'm already thinking and testing some workflow to do this. (I work as a real time 3D computer graphist, but in architecure. It's my first game ready vehicle and I'm using it to improve my skill.)

Edited by crotin

I already made the 3 hatches FFV compatible with BIS way, but it's buggy as the player simply stands up where he's sat and in the same direction. So central hatch guy is cut in half by the roof on cargo view, and well placed in external view... The 2 back hatches guys are facing to each other inside, and facing rear of the vehicle outside, it makes things weird.

There are 2 other ways to do it "homemade", each one has pros and cons (such as only allowing the commander to turn out), at the moment I did not figure out how to get the 3 hatches working with the same system. I may have to melt all of them. The point is I'm really bad with scripting, so it takes me a lot of time. That's just sad to see that BIS did not implement a proper cargo turnout.

the details are just bluffing. I'm really looking forward to seeing the vehicle in games.

Do you have an approximate date for the publication?

Thanks for your support TinyOwls. I don't want to give you any false hope, so I'll just tell you a classic "when it's done".

Actually, we plan to release a in-game video as soon as the interior's 3D is finished.

Please note that it is our first addon, so we're not as fast as Burnes15th plus we have lifes around A3 :p

Here are some nicer renders of the whole VAB. We hope to have something better to show you soon, I'm on holidays in a month.

ABH8MMvm.jpg 5VnP1H1m.jpg bK5XghWm.jpg

vd40TzKm.jpg tfTv1jNm.jpg gnp8zrom.jpg

Hello,

Today Crotin sent me the last version of the 3D model, 80% done, I'm streaming my O2 and config work to get this new version in game in the evening. You're welcome to watch.

http://www.twitch.tv/el_tyranos/

First video preview, we hope you will enjoy it ! :yay:
Special thanks to P1nga who gave me the solution for multiple hatches turn out. Edited by ElTyranos

Excellent !

With the last BIS patch and the ability to fire while turned out, those hatches are going to be really fun to use in multiplayer.

Coming along very nicely, guys!

I especially like the 'all guns blazing' shot in the video.:D

Any hope of an up-armoured Citroën 2CV as your next project?