Sign in to follow this  
L. Terry

Ofp ported Adonis not showing on editor help please!

Hello everyone thanks for reading this, I was messing around with ofp addons and tested if they worked when copied and pasted directly on the armed assault addons folder, I discovered that a few addons such as the Gatling gun in the American civil war mod did work, however the rest didn't even show up on the editor. This happened to several other mods such as the Lego mod. I have a few ideas about why this might have happened

1) maybe since the fanction on ofp are different from armed assault eg (west in ofp/blufor In armed assault)?

2)maybe the requirements don't allow them to be viewed?

However beyond that I have no idea why this happened. Could you guys help me. I want to be able to use the remaining units/objects in editor.

Ps I am aware that most of those addons such as mods and guns will not work but I still want to see what will work

Thanks guys !

Edited by Lefterboy123
Title mistake

Hello everyone thanks for reading this, I was messing around with ofp addons and tested if they worked when copied and pasted directly on the armed assault addons folder, I discovered that a few addons such as the Gatling gun in the American civil war mod did work, however the rest didn't even show up on the editor. This happened to several other mods such as the Lego mod. I have a few ideas about why this might have happened

1) maybe since the fanction on ofp are different from armed assault eg (west in ofp/blufor In armed assault)?

2)maybe the requirements don't allow them to be viewed?

However beyond that I have no idea why this happened. Could you guys help me. I want to be able to use the remaining units/objects in editor.

Ps I am aware that most of those addons such as mods and guns will not work but I still want to see what will work

Thanks guys !

The main reason why they will not work is because the game engines are different, different base classnames, models are different also, etc. In the short if you get anything working from copying and pasting content you are quite lucky.

If you wanted the addons to work, they would need reworking at 02 and config level. Of course to do this you will need to have the correct permissions from the addon/mod makers involved.

Thanks for leeting me know however my question is if their is an easy way to instantly convert the functions/names of items into arma competible once for example creating a small script that converts the differernt units into their corresponding functions,

Eg. if a unit is set in the west side (ofp) to be viewed in the blufor side (arma)

Thanks for leeting me know however my question is if their is an easy way to instantly convert the functions/names of items into arma competible once for example creating a small script that converts the differernt units into their corresponding functions,

Eg. if a unit is set in the west side (ofp) to be viewed in the blufor side (arma)

Although a script maybe possible, even if it was created. Units, vehicles etc would not work in game correctly. As i said previously before there are several major difference between the two games.

Yes I do agree with you however as far as I've seen objects do work as well as vahicles in some extend, however the problem is I have no idea about coding and therefore don't exactly have the skill to create such a script, all of my knowledge comes from trial and error. Do you Guys have any idea how to do this.?

Yes I do agree with you however as far as I've seen objects do work as well as vahicles in some extend, however the problem is I have no idea about coding and therefore don't exactly have the skill to create such a script, all of my knowledge comes from trial and error. Do you Guys have any idea how to do this.?

Unfortunately i am unsure how to go about it, you also may find some difficulty in getting someone to create such a script. As Armed Assault (Arma1) was released in 2007, most players are either playing Arma2 or Arma3.

Well thanks anyway I'll seach and see what I can do!