Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

Arma 3 (STABLE) 1.48.131785+ stress-test MP (MultiPlayer)

I tested between stable and RC but I didn't test the stable performance with the registry tweak if there's any difference anymore. I'll test it now.

/No difference even in the stable between using or not using. Seems like it hasn't have any effect for a while then. -tbbmalloc and large pages are still running nicely :)

Nice thanks!

I will try this later this evening and give my own feedback :)

Update:

Unfortunately I changed settings for registry tweak from 1 to 0 and I got 5 FPS less . So phucking dissapointed!!!!!

Edited by Nikiforos

crash happen only if the flag in binary is not set as explained by me here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?177454-a-simple-registry-tweak-for-increased-performance&p=2859729&viewfull=1#post2859729

but that was always needed for stable client / server afaik

@dwarden, please don't give your customers such wrong advice.

Patching the arma client binary is a really bad idea, because that could make some heavy trouble with anti cheat (BE) in multiplayer.

If you read my original instructions of GMF tweak, you will remember, that it was never necessary to patch the arma client (only for arma3server.exe).

The image file header in arma3.exe has most likely changed in dev branch (VS linker settings /DYNAMICBASE:NO -> /DYNAMICBASE) and this makes the trouble,

that we don't had before.

Think about it!

Nice thanks!

I will try this later this evening and give my own feedback :)

Update:

Unfortunately I changed settings for registry tweak from 1 to 0 and I got 5 FPS less . So phucking dissapointed!!!!!

Daym then that's not good news :/

@dwarden, please don't give your customers such wrong advice.

Patching the arma client binary is a really bad idea, because that could make some heavy trouble with anti cheat (BE) in multiplayer.

If you read my original instructions of GMF tweak, you will remember, that it was never necessary to patch the arma client (only for arma3server.exe).

The image file header in arma3.exe has most likely changed in dev branch (VS linker settings /DYNAMICBASE:NO -> /DYNAMICBASE) and this makes the trouble,

that we don't had before.

Think about it!

that's not advice, that was just statement how it was up until now,

for me the tweak never worked properly w/o patching the binary via CFFexplorer

on Windows x64, Server 2008 and Server 2008 R2

both client and server binaries

(note: it's not triggering any anticheat or security mechanism on server.exe , unsure about client.exe)

Edited by Dwarden

for me the tweak never worked properly w/o patching the binary via CFFexplorer

on Windows x64, Server 2008 and Server 2008 R2

both client and server binaries

... ok, but ...

Since windows 7 / 64 bit is a very common OS, and nobody, except you and until now, told me he had to patch the arma client binary to make this tweak working, your system seems to be a bit ... special.

... ok, but ...

Since windows 7 / 64 bit is a very common OS, and nobody, except you and until now, told me he had to patch the arma client binary to make this tweak working, your system seems to be a bit ... special.

I always said that, guess you misunderstood my reports about it since the tweak was released ... (wasn't just server problem)

RC runs very smooth and fast for me in SP. CMAA looks awesome and seems to have low cost, even on Ultra. No crashes. Lookin' good so far.

RC runs very smooth and fast for me in SP. CMAA looks awesome and seems to have low cost, even on Ultra. No crashes. Lookin' good so far.

Same here - except for the "no crashes" part : I had a couple while playing the campaign (I'm running JSRS DragonFyre and Blastcore Phoenix though).

if you get crashes, can you please share the crashdumps with us (best to create Arma 3 Feedback Ticket)

upload crashfiles : .mdmp , .bidmp and .rpt (best to compress those by 7zip) as attachment

then post URL here , if too complicated just upload to dropbox or similar and share the url ...

(instead of telling about crashed report them directly w/o delay)

Arma 3 update 1.38 rolling out now into STABLE branch, enjoy ;)

@Pepe hal remember to send me that crash URL (e.g. on Skype or via PM here on BIForum or post it here as answer)

I cannot launch ArmA3 since the update.

I always get the following error message:

ArmA3 failed to start: (error code: 81)

I have no idea why this happens. I tried some remedies, offered by the community, but nothing seems to work.

I have no idea why this happens. I tried some remedies, offered by the community, but nothing seems to work.

Any chance you're using this? http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?177454-a-simple-registry-tweak-for-increased-performance

"With the latest stable update 1.38 , this tweak doesn't work anymore and as described bellow (game client crashes at start)."

this seems like antivirus/security software, e.g. if you have McAffee then just uninstall it and never look back

updated, tracking serious crash bug on some 1.44 servers (KOTH, WASTELAND and similar) , join to help, thanks

updated, tracking serious crash bug on some 1.44 servers (KOTH, WASTELAND and similar) , join to help, thanks

Indeed.

It broke itself on CHIMERA EU 01 running

1.44.130654. It have never done that before and never provided that error msg. Was just laying still camping for about 10 minutes or so and it broke, in Kavala on KOTH. I can report this too, to the feedback thread If you want me to, mr Dwarden. :yay:

dwarden_arma3_repport.jpg

Update: And I got this nice message while trying to report it on the Feedback : "Invalid form security token. This could be caused by a session timeout, or accidentally submitting the form twice."

So here you go http://www.t-44.com/k/Arma3logsforDwarden.7z

Note: I did play on the same server with no issues earlier.

Basic specs:

MSI GeForce GTX 660 Gaming 2GB PhysX

Crucial DDR3 BallistiX Sport 1600MHz 8GB

Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P

AMD FX-8320 Black Edition

Latest updated Nvidia drivers and Windows 7 SP1 64 bit

Software running while in game:

Symantec Endpoint, Process Lasso, Msi Afterburner

Edited by s3xmachinegun
update since can't report on feedback