IndeedPete

Pete's Re-Textures (EUROFORCE, CSAT Snow Tigers)

Thanks! Just noticed that I forgot to document the ranking / insignia system. If anyone cares, there is a function running on every unit on init determining role and rank and then assigning the matching insignia. There are two vars to influence that process.

Variables and functions:

// All commands below must be run from a unit's init line!

// Will disable the rank insignia
this setVariable ["IP_Rank", false];

// Sets Lieutenant-Commander Insignia
this setVariable ["IP_Rank", "LtCdr"];

// Adds little red cross to rank insignia
this setVariable ["IP_Role", "Medic"];

// Forces process to set the insignia
this call IP_fnc_setEFRankInsignia

Available ranks:

2ndServ 	- Serviceman 2nd Class (No Insignia)
1stServ 	- Serviceman 1st Class
ServChief 	- Service Chief
GyChief 	- Gunnery Chief
OpChief 	- Operations Chief
Lt 		- Lieutenant 
LtCdr		- Lieutenant-Commander
Cdr		- Commander
Cpt		- Captain

Available roles:

Medic (Little Red Cross)
Tech (Little Gearwheel)

Automated rank mapping:

PRIVATE		- 2ndServ
CORPORAL	- 1stServ
SERGEANT	- ServChief
LIEUTENANT 	- Lt
CAPTAIN 	- Cpt

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@IndeedPete;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

I can't try it right now :(

Will you (or someone) make a WT of the campaign?

Really enjoyed the first mission of the campaign but hit a bug with the extraction helo, an AAF patrol fired at it and it flew off to the north where it refused to do anything else. In the end I just used [] call Bis_fnc_endMission and it worked so no major issue but a bit of a pain. Also, major issue with the plot (in spoiler).

You have a character called James May, in a boat. But the boat doesn't have a sail and is the correct way up, this cannot be the case. In addition it is travelling far faster than James would like I'm sure. :D

@Wiki: Ah, it's not liek the campaign is going to disappear soon. I'm sure you'll find time to try it yourself in the near future. ;)

@Jona33: Thanks, glad you like it. Weird that helo extraction. Actually cost me a serious amount of time and headaches to make such a simple thing work at all. Had major issues with the AI and assigned vehicles. In an earlier version, the commander always ordered to get back into the boat and even unassgnVehicle didn't work - I had to delete the boat so the AI finally uses the helo. But I've never had AAF shooting at the helo, then again it's Arma. :rolleyes:

I'm just glad James didn't try to "upgrade" the boat... with a foldable toilet next to the engine or so. :D

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

In the first mission there was a script issue during the A10-attack. Also the extraction was difficult, because one of the operators was to far away. So the helo first started without him. Anyway the five missions were incredible. You were able to hold the quality of MERCS.

Ah, thank you very much! Wasn't even my goal, it really was just copy-pasting the functions lib from M.E.R.C.S. and then placing down some units in the editor, got to love Arma.^^ Not sure what you mean by script issue, the plane should just appear and then respond to your laser, might take a while until it actually drops a bomb. The AI is a bit tricky in that scenario, if I set them to defensive behaviour they will still engage units inside the village (which is not supposed to happen), if I set them to never fire they won't even return fire when the enemy is five meters away. Putting them to stealth mode feels too slow, while they engage targets far away in aware mode. I've made the experience that firing grenades lures in the tanks, other than that it pretty much depends on detection of and by enemy patrols.

Heya!

I've been developing the Military Police further, I'm starting to like that concept. MP Hunters now have a working siren and lightbar. Other than that I've started work on a showcase dedicated to these guys. Slip into the boots of an MP officer and respond to a possible case of homicide. The crimescene awaits your expertise! ;)

Oh, and I plan to implement some voice acting for that showcase. If anyone is willing to participate as voice actor (European / North-American, accent irrelevant, identity will be build around your nationality) please let me know. I'll probably need two or three roles, need to fully develop the mission first.

Lastly, the press is already at the crimescene, reporting live:

mp7vmzvd.jpg mp854a1n.jpg mp17d2zvi.jpg mp9gnl8w.jpg mp1049bgc.jpg mp11h0bjk.jpg mp1284zmi.jpg mp14wvb4n.jpg mp16libvg.jpg

Good day!

After countless tries of creating a decent looking vehicle camo scheme I've finally come up with a simple yet aesthetically pleasing one I think. Check out EUROFORCE's new MBT-52 Kumas, a.k.a Leopard 2 in Altis, Desert, Snow and Woodland schemes.

2015-02-09_00001nqqlu.jpg 2015-02-09_00002uyr9k.jpg 2015-02-09_00003l0re5.jpg

I find Leos are fitting this force a bit better than Israeli tanks, however the Slammer / Merkava will stay in the addon nontheless. Provided I'm happy with the scheme I might re-do all ground vehicles with this pattern to distinct them a bit more from the vanilla NATO units. I hope I get the police showcase done soon so I can push out an update. I might change the infantry snow pattern as well as it doesn't really support snowy forests with its pure grey/white colours.

Keep up!

Good day!

After countless tries of creating a decent looking vehicle camo scheme I've finally come up with a simple yet aesthetically pleasing one I think. Check out EUROFORCE's new MBT-52 Kumas, a.k.a Leopard 2 in Altis, Desert, Snow and Woodland schemes.

http://abload.de/thumb/2015-02-09_00001nqqlu.jpg http://abload.de/thumb/2015-02-09_00002uyr9k.jpg http://abload.de/thumb/2015-02-09_00003l0re5.jpg

I find Leos are fitting this force a bit better than Israeli tanks, however the Slammer / Merkava will stay in the addon nontheless. Provided I'm happy with the scheme I might re-do all ground vehicles with this pattern to distinct them a bit more from the vanilla NATO units. I hope I get the police showcase done soon so I can push out an update. I might change the infantry snow pattern as well as it doesn't really support snowy forests with its pure grey/white colours.

Keep up!

Looks good cannot wait!

If you are desperately looking for a voice actor, I could do something.

I'm from germany (so german accent *irks*) and actually never have done anything of that kind (and I might like to try)

I have Cubase on my computer (musician) hand have a decent (not that expensive) Logitech Headset!

So if you need somebody!

Ah thanks, I'll keep that in mind! But I need to finish the showcase first and work out the dialogues. It won't be anything big, just a few lines between the central and the player. Talking to the witness / police officer will be handeled by text only in multiple choice dialogs. Right now, I'm using text-to-speech software to create placeholders while developing. And don't worry, as long as your English skills are above the average German politician it should be fine. ;)

Ahhhh...xD I was about too laugh my ass of because I thought even foreigners now about the incredible english skills of german politicians. Now I see you are from Niedersachsen (me too. ^^) .... Ahh F it...I'll laugh anyway!

Well, I'd be open for a new rifle, might as well be that Croatian one you've posted. (I don't like the bullpup design but it's probably realistic.) Though I'd need a third party model, config, sample texture etc. Or I'd need to rely on third party weapon packs which I don't really want. In the end, the MX seems to be a completely fictional weapon. I might as well clear the "Made in USA" from the texture or even give it a complete overhaul. Maybe in a matching camo scheme. Other option would be to use another vanilla rifle, like the Tar-21 or that AAF gun. But I find them both pretty ugly. Plus in my naive amateur view smaller caliber means smaller boom and I want big boom! :D

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

@Moon_chilD: Off topic,

. *fremdschäm* But Merkel's "Lieber Barack..." is also great horrible as well. And she doesn't even need another language to embarrass herself. :rolleyes: :D

When you bring the Kuma/Leopard 2 you should also involve the AAF-Strider. In the real world the "Strider" is the Fennek (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sp%C3%A4hwagen_Fennek (deutsch sollte ja kein Problem sein:D)). The Fennek is a long range reconaissance vehicle which is used by the german and the dutch army. So it fits in a european unit.

Edited by reforger

Yes, sure! Though I also don't like the cockpit of the AAF and CSAT MRAPS compared to the classic design of the Hunter. (Yes, I'm really picky!) But I'll take a look at the other AAF vehicles again, might as well taking over most of the old Greenback stuff. And they have nice helos too... :)

And don't forget the APCs. After quick research, the Mora seems to be based on the British Warrior and the Gorgon is from our Austrian neighbours. However, the BLUFOR Marshall is actually from Finnland.^^