james2464

Kunduz, Afghanistan [10km] v1.20

Now that i think of it I know of a spot in a compound next to a couple of stones next to a house that if you get in between the stones and the wall that trying

to jump or get out of there will kill you, ill post a screenshot of the location when i get ingame next.

But its the biggest compound on the map in the south on the hill next to the road, and across from the "church" temple what have you, theres a house with some big

ass stones behind it, thats the house im referring to, i got stuck behind them trying to avoid incoming fire and ended up getting killed because i tried to climb the stone or go around them.

Interesting, please post the location :)

Someone else has already mentioned rocks but another thing I noticed was some oddities in regards to object pop in. Some of the buildings around tal kar (left middle of the map) as you walk towards them or zoom on them will change colour at different distances. So as you walk around or get closer they flash a different colour and then pop to their higher quality texture, but the intermediate stage is a really obvious change. Its not all the buildings or objects but there are certainly examples of pop in is either weird (like the buildings where its white, then black then grey) or far too close (like some shows outside a building which appear at 20 metres or so).

Someone else has already mentioned rocks but another thing I noticed was some oddities in regards to object pop in. Some of the buildings around tal kar (left middle of the map) as you walk towards them or zoom on them will change colour at different distances. So as you walk around or get closer they flash a different colour and then pop to their higher quality texture, but the intermediate stage is a really obvious change. Its not all the buildings or objects but there are certainly examples of pop in is either weird (like the buildings where its white, then black then grey) or far too close (like some shows outside a building which appear at 20 metres or so).

Can you please take a screenshot of your video settings and are you able to take a screenshot of the particular building that was doing this? Thanks.

Currently planning an update, please report any bugs or issues like floating objects etc. Thank you. :)

v1.01

- Fixed floating rocks.

- Fixed floating garbage.

- Fixed clipping rocks.

- Fixed terrain irregularities on roads.

- Fixed AI seeing through wheat fields.

- Fixed duplicated market objects.

- Fixed tunnel walking sounds.

- Fixed tunnel ladder.

- Added Tunnel posters.

- Added IED crater.

- Added keypoints.

- New door opening sounds.

- Tweaked Qalat geometry.

- Changed ambient meadow wind sample.

Would it be possible to get a starting base? I.E Afghan style with Hesco's etc.

!

---------- Post added at 18:17 ---------- Previous post was at 18:16 ----------

Would it be possible to get a starting base? I.E Afghan style with Hesco's etc.

i agree-small base ,maybe in the desert?Also where are the tunnels?Thanks again!(I really like the furnished houses,and little touches like climbing boulders to drop over compound walls)

Build ur own Base is my Motto, i mean, it looks better when you have done something for your enjoyment, but i would share mine if needed, as well you can build some COP`s into the big Compounds, or even a FOB.

When i first downloaded this map i spawned a littlebird and explored like i always do and i wasn't really impressed, then i dediced to grab a car and go around and oh my! This map is absolutely amazing, i love how the open fields have alot of cover and the vegetation is great definitly a different view from above! Totally changed my mind! Keep up the good work!

Is there any plans to expand the map?

Cheers!

---------1----------

This terrain looks Amazing but unfortunately i haven't decided to upgrade to Arma 3 yet.

I've bought Arma 3 the day it came out, i was in front of the store in the morning waiting for the doors to open.

I already owned Arma 1, 2, OA and BAF and i decided to trust BI again.

---------2----------

Once i tried the game i faced a big disappointment, but i played the first chapter of the campaign after its release and then i started the second one, but i've never finished it.

I changed my laptop and i had to reinstall everything on the new computer, so i did it with ArmA 1 and 2.

I TRIED to install ArmA 3 too but when the download was reaching 90%, the obnoxious Steam stopped it for unknown reasons.

It was a tremendous disappointment and i felt humiliated and angry because my internet connection is still wack and i wasn't able to download the same amount of GBs again (I tried to install it from the CD but the effort failed like my attempt to justify the lack of features in ArmA 3).

I gave up.

I'm still playing the great and classic ArmA 2 with all the proper Mods like ACE, Blastcore, JSRS (props to its creators due to the outstanding improvements of the groundbreaking A3 version and of course for the great A2 version), and Others.

ArmA 3 was an unborn baby in my eyes because it had a lot of potential but in this sad world, almost nothing that we hope is going to happen and satisfy our damaged souls.

---------3----------

After months i saw lots of Addon Makers who were starting to get more into the new game by creating a lot af Mods to fix the issue of the original creature.

I'm starting to see a lot of great stuff that is gettin' added to A3 and maybe i'm starting to find my lost hope again.

Today i saw this terrain, i watched your video and i don't even have proper words to describe such an amazing experience.

The atmosphere and immersion were great, the terrain seemed perfect as usual.

It looked very authentic and this is the type of stuff that i like, not that mediterranean background of ArmA 3.

Even though it is decent, i like realistic type of conflicts, not futuristic and fake stuff.

Your amazing terrain is giving me hope for the future of my gaming experience since i only use ArmAs and for the general state of A3 because since its release i barely saw something that "forced" me to play it instead of ArmA 2 (only Graphics, Animations, Stances, Sounds, etc.).

I noticed an unrealistic gameplay where the soldier can easily heal himself and hasn't consequences of being injured.

Things are slowly changing because brave people like you are spending their time to create addons and mods to improve something that should've been fixed by its creators (not offending BI, they got all my respect for creating the best game of all time) so thank you for contributing to that process.

I really respect this great piece of work as i create terrains (Iraq, Kuwait) too and i know how hard it is: it's a painful struggle that destroys your brain and the failure turns into an endless pain in yo heart so i feel you, i feel your tears.

A fog of pain covers your eyes as you see the death of your work.

I can relate, but i'm wack compared to you, this terrain is wonderful.

It captures the essence of the Afghan conflict, and i think that one of the most important things that a terrain should feature is the immersion.

Without it, the terrain built after weeks/months of pain would result in an useless empty land.

And you accomplished it, good work.

Maybe i should try to reinstall A3 in the future.

----------------------

I hope that i won't annoy you with this painful essay.

Thank you again.

PS. It's a damn shame that this isn't available on Arma 2.

Edited by DNL04
typos

Amazing job. No dependancies.:D You guys are fantastic. Thank you.

Edited by PLeasant

This map is excellent, but I've had a couple issues:

1) Helvantis map conflict? I made a mission and saved it to the single player scenario. After playing for maybe 20 minutes (reloading to the start lots, cause I made it real hard with no saves) I suddenly had FPS drop to literally less than 5 FPS. Since all the time playing prior was decent speed, I figured I should probably restart A3. When I went back to the scenario and clicked Resume, it ended up loading the map Helvantis.

I restarted the mission and at another random time period I had the FPS die again... and again when I quit and come back to resume it loaded Helvantis. I have no idea if it's something from my end or if there is some kind of conflict with these 2 maps? Anyway I just disable Helvantis. I don't know if it was related or not, but since playing the same scenario again, I haven't had the FPS die (though I haven't played it again heaps since then).

2) Can briefly see through compound walls on certain angles. I don't know if it's just A3 or if it's something you can fix, but when you get real close to brown compound walls, you can sometimes see through them on certain angles. It's happened to me a few times while creeping along a wall and then looking towards it, for a second it's like the camera clips right through.

This maps is seriously good though. I mean I even like how the ground isn't all flat. You can close in on open ground, but still hit the dirt and find a little bit of cover behind the lumpy ground.

Spotted a floating tree but can see you're all over those.

Also a few places where the Google copyright is showing up on the Sat image (might wanna brush them out :) )

Otherwise, very nice !!

SJ

Thanks for all your feedback! :D Looking forward to more missions on Youtube :)

New Update v1.01

- Fixed floating rocks.

- Fixed clipping rocks.

- Fixed heightmap irregularities.

- Fixed road overlaps.

- Fixed AI seeing through wheat fields.

- Fixed clipping market objects.

- Fixed tunnel walking sounds.

- Fixed tunnel ladder.

- Fixed floating garbage.

- Added Tunnel posters.

- Added IED crater.

- Reduced ambient meadow wind volume.

- Reduced file size by 100mb.

- New door opening & closing sounds for all doors.

- Tweaked Qalat geometry.

Known Issues:

- In-game map doesn't display tree and rock areas correctly (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23504).

- Qalat tower geometry isn't enabling bipod deployment (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23491).

- Afghan House_6 ruin state texture issues.

Thanks for reporting, fixed. :D

I hope that i won't annoy you with this painful essay.

Thank you again.

No worries, thanks. :)

Spotted a floating tree but can see you're all over those.

Also a few places where the Google copyright is showing up on the Sat image (might wanna brush them out :) )

Otherwise, very nice !!

SJ

Thanks, can you please post the location. :)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

One of the best terrains to come out for A3, great work!

Surely we'll be playing a lot on this, will post some vids if/when we have some.

Very natural feeling Afghan map. Great work!

Awesome map! One thing though: Even MBTs can´t break down the clay walls. I like the fact that the walls are tough just like in real life but a MBT should be able to break it down.

Awesome map! One thing though: Even MBTs can´t break down the clay walls. I like the fact that the walls are tough just like in real life but a MBT should be able to break it down.

You can destroy them but you can't destroy them by driving over or through with any vehicle. This is a tradeoff that has engine limitations. To stop quad bikes and cars from knocking over the walls.

The destruction of the walls isn't final, currently refining the damage states.

James will get you that error today about the stones, also just a suggestion, Im sure your aware or on it but the Armaholic download page info there

has already been fixed in your latest patches, same for the pic too, its still says v1.0

Hey James,

Loading a saved session in SP is broken. Anyway else see this? I get a configworld.kz error and then it tries to load VR map instead of future loads/saves. Hope this can be fixed with priority as it breaks SP missions who rely on saving.

TY Sir,

You can destroy them but you can't destroy them by driving over or through with any vehicle. This is a tradeoff that has engine limitations. To stop quad bikes and cars from knocking over the walls.

The destruction of the walls isn't final, currently refining the damage states.

Oh ok, didn´t know that. Thanks for the fast reply. :D

Hey James,

Loading a saved session in SP is broken. Anyway else see this? I get a configworld.kz error and then it tries to load VR map instead of future loads/saves. Hope this can be fixed with priority as it breaks SP missions who rely on saving.

TY Sir,

Can you please send me the RPT when this happened. I'm not sure if Kunduz is causing this.

Thanks.