Sign in to follow this  
Sooke

Nigeria - Boko Haram deadliest massacre

(BBC) Boko Haram crisis: Chad's troops enter Nigeria

Chadian troops have entered Nigeria to join the battle against militant Islamist group Boko Haram.

Armoured vehicles and infantry crossed a bridge from Cameroon following air strikes and mortar attacks on Boko Haram positions, officials say.

Fighting focused on the key north-eastern town of Gamboru, Nigerian security spokesman Mike Omeri said.

Chad's deepening involvement shows how the conflict with Boko Haram is taking a regional dimension.

Last week, Chadian troops reportedly moved into Malumfatori, a Nigerian town which lies near the borders of Chad and Niger, after a ground and air assault against the militants.

(BBC) Nigeria 'recaptures' key town of Monguno from Boko Haram

Nigerian troops, backed by air strikes, have reclaimed the town of Monguno from Boko Haram, a military statement said.

The group seized the town last month, forcing more than 5,000 people - including some soldiers - to flee.

Monguno, in north-eastern Borno state, is near the capital Maiduguri and the borders of Chad, Cameroon and Niger.

(BBC) Boko Haram crisis: Regional force takes shape

Military chiefs from Nigeria, Chad, Cameroon, Benin and Niger are finalising their strategy for a 8,750-strong regional force to tackle the militant Islamist group Boko Haram.

In the last few weeks, the Multinational Joint Task Force has retaken several towns captured by the militants in north-eastern Nigeria.

It will also have the behind the scenes support of France, the former colonial power of all those helping Nigeria.

The US has also promised to provide communication equipment and intelligence.

(Vice News) Is This the 'Final Push'? Chad and Niger Enter Nigeria to Tackle Boko Haram

Niger and Chad sent troops backed by warplanes and artillery into northeastern Nigeria this weekend, reportedly capturing two towns as part of a fresh offensive against Islamic militant group Boko Haram.

Troops gathered at the Niger border before launching the attack, and officials now claim to now control the towns of Malam Fatouri and Damasa — the latter of which lies six miles inside Nigerian territory.

"We have kicked the enemy out of these areas and they are now under our control," a Niger military source told Reuters.

He also said that about 300 Boko Haram militants had been killed, and that the armies had received permission from Nigeria to launch the attacks.

A Chadian military source told Reuters that around 10 soldiers had been killed, while 20 were wounded.

It's just a damned tragedy, for all parts involved.

Poverty and desperation makes it quite easy to radicalize the young... If you have no prospects of a future, it's easy to see how one could join a group that at least claims to fight to restore morality and order... A convenient way to vent the hate of thousands on to innocents in order to gain power. Same thing with IS, it's just tragic.

It's just a damned tragedy, for all parts involved.

Poverty and desperation makes it quite easy to radicalize the young... If you have no prospects of a future, it's easy to see how one could join a group that at least claims to fight to restore morality and order... A convenient way to vent the hate of thousands on to innocents in order to gain power. Same thing with IS, it's just tragic.

you are too much listening to political correctness leftists

there is no poor victims of poverty that start to cut throat of infidels and they are victims - like your damn policians say in media (making laugh in other countries)

Boko Haram are not victims, terrorists are mad psychopaths who want to rule over others , not victims,

religion (cancer of brain) is not due to poverty, i lived in poverty (we were homeless because my father alcoholic evicted me and my mother when i was 3 years old) but i was never trying to slaughter others because of religion (i am atheist and apostate since ca. 13-14 y.o.) , many rich people also believe that they have right to rule others cause god told so, they simply are cycos if they believe that they have right to order me what i should eat in which calendar day , they have perspectives, they are rich, simply something with brain tells them to criticize me for not eating fish on Friday (according to Catholic tradition you should eat fish on Friday) ,

mother of my mom's friend (her colleague mother) wrote inheritance for church instead of giving her own daughter, her daughter (my mother's friend) had medical operation, she needed money for treatment, but her mother gave in testimony all for church saying "for god to cure my daughter", can you tell it was poverty when someone has big money and prescribes it all to local priest ? this person cared more about new altar in church than about her own daughter, my own grandma did similar stuff, when we needed money , she gave her savings to priest, her argument to not help me and my mother was "because you do not love Jesus" , it is problem in Poland, from time to time we can read in press about old people that write testimony for local priests instead of their own families,

it is not matter of poverty, simply some cultures are evil and medieval and there should be no place for them in XXI century on globe,

there is no tragedy for both sides, there is only tragedy of victims,

every islamists who fight for sharia to force others obey - should be eliminated not felt sorry for,

there are cultures in this world which believe that non-believers must die, there are cultures which believe that work is something demeaning dignity and stealing is okay,

simply some cultures are evil and some are good,

look at Saudi Arabia - they are rich , they have Ferrari, they have perspectives - but they will stone you to death if you are gay, they will behead you if you will listen to metal eating ham and having anal sex,

look at Mongolians, look at Bulgarians - they live in poverty too, look at Ukrainians , they live in poverty too , they do not behead people because of religious reasons, they do not hang people for reasons we do not even see as evil, they do not stone to death people for no reason, while Saudi Arabians have perspectives, they graduate western universities and drive Bentley, Ferrari, Lamborghini and they hang gay, they behead if you will criticize Quoran,

tell me about lack of perspectives and poverty in some oil-producing Arabic countries in which Ferrari is usual car and 1 kg of gold is usual necklace , go there and eat ham, go there and wear mini skirt, go there and try bisexual orgy, go there with Pope on your t-shirt - i wonder how many hours you will be alive , last month they hanged programmer who wrote HTML code for erotic website, previous month they beheaded woman who had bikini on beach, not counting people stoned to death for apostasy,

it is not matter of victims on both sides, it is not matter of poverty like leftists say pumping tax money into some groups that do not want to work,

this is simply fight for power - they want to have power and make others their slaves - nothing more , there is no other motivation of them - than to enslave others

when i hear voices like yours i am scared "what happened to the west"

they want to kill you because you are infidel, you feel sorry for them instead of defending your culture and eliminating them, o my god

i read that last days Norway gave shelter to some terrorists due to politicall correctness, o my god, (our press wrote about giving asylum to some ISIS connected terrorists by Norway), some weeks ago Norway or Swedish politician said ISIS are victims, other politician said we natives should respect ramadan

Edited by vilas

this justifying bullshit spread by politicall correcntess touches also criminals - leftits say about criminals like about victims

i know few policement with 20 years expirience - they all say - people who are criminals do it because they are evil and because of greed, they do not want to work, but they do want to have best car in neighborhood, when people are honest and live in poverty - they go to work in McDonald and study hard to be the best student and have sholarship (i lived in poverty , i was buying clothes in second-hand shops, i studied hard at university to get sholarship, i was looking for jobs during studies instead of dancing at party)

i lived in district where there were 100 cars, usual people had cars like Renault Clio, Toyota Yaris, Fiat Panda,

there were few thieves , they had BMW M5, BMW 7, Jeep Wrangler (newest model), Porshe Cayene, Porshe 911 newest model, Audi TT,

when i asked one thief i know from childhood why he steals he said "only fuck... loosers and suckers work every day, i work few hours a month and i have better car than anyone on this street and i have the best girls"

they were wearing most expensive clothes and newest fashion,

i worked 11 years in public administration and market control - many businesmen do not cheat law, they have Toyota Avensis,

there are few businesmen who cheat on and on and on and on, they have Audi A8 and thick golden necklace

i do not buy this justifying pol. cor. bs

Edited by vilas

(BBC) Islamic State strengthens ties with Boko Haram

The Islamic State (IS) has released a new video, eulogising Nigeria's Boko Haram, in the latest sign of closer ties between the two militant groups.

Images posted on IS-linked social media accounts refer to Boko Haram as the Islamic State's West Africa Province (Iswap) - a catchy name aimed at showing that it has expanded beyond the Middle East and North Africa.

IS accepted a pledge of allegiance from Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau in March, giving the group its first foothold in sub-Saharan Africa in its efforts to create a global caliphate.

The new "axis of Evil" ?

The new "axis of Evil" ?

axis were different countries and different nations with similar goal,

in this case they have one common point - to turn world into caliphate, so maybe not axis , but one common goal

(BBC) Nigeria's Boko Haram crisis: 200 fighters surrender

Some 200 members of the Boko Haram Islamist militant group have given themselves up, in the biggest such surrender, Nigeria's army says.

The fighters are said to have handed themselves over in the town of Banki on the border with Cameroon.

The military earlier said the town had been recaptured from Boko Haram but there is no independent confirmation.

Good news for a change.

you are too much listening to political correctness leftists

there is no poor victims of poverty that start to cut throat of infidels and they are victims - like your damn policians say in media (making laugh in other countries)

Boko Haram are not victims, terrorists are mad psychopaths who want to rule over others , not victims,

religion (cancer of brain) is not due to poverty, i lived in poverty (we were homeless because my father alcoholic evicted me and my mother when i was 3 years old) but i was never trying to slaughter others because of religion (i am atheist and apostate since ca. 13-14 y.o.) , many rich people also believe that they have right to rule others cause god told so, they simply are cycos if they believe that they have right to order me what i should eat in which calendar day , they have perspectives, they are rich, simply something with brain tells them to criticize me for not eating fish on Friday (according to Catholic tradition you should eat fish on Friday) ,

mother of my mom's friend (her colleague mother) wrote inheritance for church instead of giving her own daughter, her daughter (my mother's friend) had medical operation, she needed money for treatment, but her mother gave in testimony all for church saying "for god to cure my daughter", can you tell it was poverty when someone has big money and prescribes it all to local priest ? this person cared more about new altar in church than about her own daughter, my own grandma did similar stuff, when we needed money , she gave her savings to priest, her argument to not help me and my mother was "because you do not love Jesus" , it is problem in Poland, from time to time we can read in press about old people that write testimony for local priests instead of their own families,

it is not matter of poverty, simply some cultures are evil and medieval and there should be no place for them in XXI century on globe,

there is no tragedy for both sides, there is only tragedy of victims,

every islamists who fight for sharia to force others obey - should be eliminated not felt sorry for,

there are cultures in this world which believe that non-believers must die, there are cultures which believe that work is something demeaning dignity and stealing is okay,

simply some cultures are evil and some are good,

look at Saudi Arabia - they are rich , they have Ferrari, they have perspectives - but they will stone you to death if you are gay, they will behead you if you will listen to metal eating ham and having anal sex,

look at Mongolians, look at Bulgarians - they live in poverty too, look at Ukrainians , they live in poverty too , they do not behead people because of religious reasons, they do not hang people for reasons we do not even see as evil, they do not stone to death people for no reason, while Saudi Arabians have perspectives, they graduate western universities and drive Bentley, Ferrari, Lamborghini and they hang gay, they behead if you will criticize Quoran,

tell me about lack of perspectives and poverty in some oil-producing Arabic countries in which Ferrari is usual car and 1 kg of gold is usual necklace , go there and eat ham, go there and wear mini skirt, go there and try bisexual orgy, go there with Pope on your t-shirt - i wonder how many hours you will be alive , last month they hanged programmer who wrote HTML code for erotic website, previous month they beheaded woman who had bikini on beach, not counting people stoned to death for apostasy,

it is not matter of victims on both sides, it is not matter of poverty like leftists say pumping tax money into some groups that do not want to work,

this is simply fight for power - they want to have power and make others their slaves - nothing more , there is no other motivation of them - than to enslave others

when i hear voices like yours i am scared "what happened to the west"

they want to kill you because you are infidel, you feel sorry for them instead of defending your culture and eliminating them, o my god

i read that last days Norway gave shelter to some terrorists due to politicall correctness, o my god, (our press wrote about giving asylum to some ISIS connected terrorists by Norway), some weeks ago Norway or Swedish politician said ISIS are victims, other politician said we natives should respect ramadan

You'd be wrong about victims of poverty. The thing about that is, it's true. You have a large amount of borderline poor with nothing going for them. An extremist group comes along and either persuades or forces them to join their ranks and lists a set of perks they get if they join them. What do you think the poor are going to do? They either die, or join them and gain a sense of power, wealth, and direction.

Now obviously, it's not a good direction, but most of the time, it's easy to fool such people into thinking it's the right way to go, and everything else is evil, and bad. Look at North Korea. The Kim Dynasty has kept it's people on their side, dividing the Korea's for a long time. The North Korean regime also uses Youth tactics to keep the kids views on their side, by teaching them while their young, that America and other nations around them are the ultimate evil, and this, and that. It's the same concept.

And while sure, their are victims, sadly, when a group of people like that is brainwashed at a young age, and have no other way to turn, their stuck there, and at that point they choose that path, much like many of those in Boko Haram, it's clear that their death is the only way to fix it. You can't take an extremist and turn him into a hard working citizen again. That's nearly impossible, and it's sad, tragic. But, that's the harsh truth of a twisted war like that. The only logical answer is to behead the extremist group, and i'm not talking about taking out their leaders like what most countries do, aim for their chain of command. They instead, need to be completely, 100% wiped out. Sadly this is what needs to be done. No one will do it though, they believe war has evolved to a point where their tactics are based off of Head man assassinations, and the rest will all surrender. Of course it weakens the group, bad leadership can alone be the death of an organized force, maybe. But a Guerrilla force like ISIS and Boko Haram? Not so much. It doesn't take a few smart leaders to storm into a few towns and kidnap hundreds of woman, and sell them to ISIS. IT doesn't take a smart leader to torch a town of thousands, and simply kill everyone and run away afterwards. The only way to deal with a rebel group like this is complete annihilation. I believe that's what Chad, Nigeria, and other partner nations have been looking to do recently, with a collection of a few arrests, which is always good. Perhaps they would receive large amounts of information from them.