hcpookie

Nuke Silo side "house" for side missions

Yep, I built a house for mission makers! :) The idea is that you can have a mission where you teleport from a "secret entrance" to the building, which is somewhere in a remote part of the map... for example the mine entrance just North of Feruz Abad on Takistan. Then fight your way down to the silo to place your demolition charge. Mission makers can add a trigger to blow up an object, steal the docs, all enemy dead, etc. inside the house, which will provide the mission success.

Download "pook_Silo.pbo" from here:

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=5B54FC51A7917265&id=5B54FC51A7917265%214358

silo2.jpg

silo1.jpg

Considerations:

This is version 1... I might add a bit more decoration/environmental effects later on.

The house object is seen as a large hill from the outside. Put it WAY FAR OUT away from anything to ensure no one walks "into" it. The hill is large enough that the roadway doesn't seem to work at ground level, so you can't walk up to it. However you can walk on the top if you land a heli there...

Placement is like any other house. I think there are 74 placement points.

AI doesn't seem to like going up/down ladders that well, however this was intended for human players so I do not see this as a big concern.

No triggers are included by default... just the "house" :)

• Like 2

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@hcpookie;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Kudos for having the gumption to create something that would be used underground, will be interesting to see it used...sure hope it does...*sigh*

That makes me curious, is it possible have an underground setting without creating a supplimenting mesh sitting over a deep point in the map with a surrounding environment texture to cover it up?

That makes me curious, is it possible have an underground setting without creating a supplimenting mesh sitting over a deep point in the map with a surrounding environment texture to cover it up?

AFAIK: No. Only in VBS.

intresting map i noticed on the desert two model that the corner portion of the top room is poking thru the texture of the model also i was curious if you had considered modeling other missle varients IE russian or US maybe even chinese missles ? would it be possible to have the missle silo extended there by altering the model somewhat so that there was the doors to the missle silo open so it looks like its about to launch ?

Very interesting...just two question....could I enter the room without trigger?I mean whether could I just walk into the room?If so,how?If not,can you add a secret entrance for them?Like a openable hatch with the same color of the hill on the top?

And can you make it zeus compatible?

To the best of my knowledge, no there isn't any way to be under the ground. I have tried to make "hull down" scripts for tanks and such. Bad things happen if you try to setPos below the surface! Below water no problem... if there was a way to remove the water effects you could have all the "secret bases" under water and avoid any map placement problems that way :) Edit to add... a "deep hole in the ground" would be best for these types of buildings... that's actually a very good idea for the terrain makers!

Those who keep requesting "please add this and that", the purpose of this is quite clear to mission makers. Thus, no opening doors or secret hatches or this or that or "feature X" because you're supposed to TELEPORT TO IT! ;)

• Like 1

this is as close as pook got to getting below ground

foxhole_zpsc7e1f000.jpg

• Like 2

Hi,

how does one get those ideas?!!! :)

It is soo cool. 

Thank you for this unique idea/work.

Greetings

McLupo