fuiba

[SP/CO-10] PMC Versus mission pack #4 (addons)

075733E7D43F39248ACDC622C77E0777C7A19CFF

Background:

April 2003.

Political tensions seasoned with the occasional armed incidents has been mounting up in the Podagorsk peninsula in south-eastern Moldova for the last two years. The consensus in the region is that the US government and the West-European media have greatly exaggerated the aggressions and violence in the peninsula and that the Moldovian government is justified and able to handle its conflicts on its own. Nevertheless four months ago NATO decided the intervene and send peacekeepers to solve the conflict despite the protests of the European Union and the Russian Federation. It has been speculated that the reason for stabilizing the situation in Podagorsk are the peninsula's abundant reserves of nickel and bauxite.

The NATO occupation was estimated to be quick even though the Russian Federation did not allow NATO presence in the Black Sea for the exception of one aircraft carrier. Four months after the advance began from the north of the peninsula, NATO front lines have not been able to make real progress towards the southern parts of Podagorsk where the minerals are mined. Almost the entirety of the peninsula's population has been united under an ancient slavic religious movement, СвÑÑ‚Ð°Ñ Ñ€ÑƒÑ‡Ð½Ð°Ñ Ð³Ñ€Ð°Ð½Ð°Ñ‚Ð° ÐнтиохийÑÐºÐ°Ñ (СРГÐ, pronounce 'SRGA') and the movement is fiercely defending the southern parts of Podagorsk. NATO high command believes that the Russian Federation is providing the locals with military grade weapons, vehicles and training since a great deal of the Black Sea region is controlled by the Russian Federation.

NATO combat research estimates that the СРГРcombatants number up to 800 and more are joining the cause from as far as northern Europe. The СРГРforces have been able to defend the peninsula against everything the NATO forces have thrown at them. As the eyes the the whole Europe and Russia are upon the situation and the peacekeeping forces must also keep the Moldovian government from interfering, the NATO high command has hired a small but apparently effective Belarussian private military company to expedite the occupation.

The PMC will be placed directly under NATO forces' local high command, Lt.Col. William K. Gobbler and given command over the NATO's battalion sized force in the peninsula. The PMC's relationship with NATO will be denied in order to maintain relations with the Russian Federation and media. The Lt.Col. has heard that the PMC in question is not afraid to get their hands dirty if there's money involved. And there is.

Mission content:

• Operation MMCCXXII Nihil: Ambush enemy QRF and help NATO forces break through the enemy lines.
  • Operation Strangulatus: Hunt down routed enemy forces.
  • Operation Clasis Echium: Assist NATO forces in taking out enemy MBTs on the western flank.
  • Operation Carboneum Atrum: Scout enemy positions for NATO spearhead and support the attack.
  • Operation Anticus Obscurus: Find and destroy guerilla camps.
  • Operation Pars Mortalis: Assassinate a СРГРhigh priest.
  • Operation Relicta Greges: Find a crashed NATO plane and rescue the crew from behind enemy lines.
  • Operation Imber Sempiternus: Seize and hold a service depot near the enemy front line.
  • Operation Tempestas Particularm: Lead an armored assault through enemy lines.
  • Operation Refragatio Terminalis: Ambush a СРГРreinforcement convoy.
  • Operation In Eremo: Prevent the enemy spec-ops from destroying NATO mobile artillery.
  • Operation Chirurgia Arcanus: Assist the NATO spec-ops in eliminating the second СРГРhigh priest.
  • Operation Ultio Obtingens: Help the NATO forces hold the front line against СРГРoffensive.
  • Operation Inter Lupos: Exfiltrate a NATO captain from Berezniki while the town is being overrun.
  • Operation Divisi Cademus: Reach the exfiltration point and leave for friendly lines.
  • Operation Tenebra Albae: Prevent the enemy ground-assault planes from taking off.
  • Operation Excitandi Infernos: Coordinate a combined operation to capture enemy airfield.
  • Operation Rati In Cuna: Kill the broadcast signal flooding the NATO channels.
  • Operation In Auro Fidimus: Rescue two NATO POWs from a bauxite refinery.
  • Operation Lucis Tyrannis: Prevent enemy forces from regrouping and seize the power plant.
  • Operation Mare Sonat: Eliminate the СРГРmilitary strategist and destroy mobile artillery.
  • Operation Aquae Virides: Clear the north-eastern flank for the NATO advance.
  • Operation Dies Tum Umbra: Extract intel from Zirnitra prior to seizing the town.
  • Operation Adversi Reges: Eliminate the last СРГРhigh priest.

Required addons:
CBA A3
ASDG Joint Rails
RHS: Escalation
Community Upgrade Project - Weapons Pack
All in Arma Terrain Pack
Podagorsk

Subscribe in Steam Workshop or
download version 2.46 from Dropbox.

Screenshots:
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/52120234317561513/721B2B448D47D6413F7307A7326B84267C47E0BB/
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/49867075548295601/A32EE393D8A4A7186B09BD2F64E52C6357403ABC/
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/49867998533319943/37D291176A0EADD5D300C78C8DF29839816E76CD/
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/52120868284231452/19642602081B24078B1D1CA7E727D132A3CEA5B4/
and more on Steam.

Edited by fuiba
Added a new version: 2.45

Version 0.20: added one new mission, fixed some typos in mission briefings.

We've been looking forward to this. Thanks Fuiba! We love your missions.

Thank you for your kind words, Variable. I personally think that this mission pack is (will be) much better than the last one :) I'm much more into old school equipment than those of the 2020-2030's.

I've added version 0.40 (link is in the op):

• Added two missions.
  • Fixed some briefing typos.
  • Set all AI skills with setSkill in all missions.

Alright, version 0.70 is out (link in the op):

• Added three missions.
  • Fixed some briefing typos.
  • Fixed crew uniforms in mission #2.
  • Fixed loadouts thoughout.
  • Changed ending triggers to newer ones.
  • Reworked loadout management for dedicated servers (thanks Alwarren and Varanon!)

Sometimes when we are more than 10 players I feel like kicking random people from the server to be able to play this campaign :p

Thanks Fuiba!

Version 0.80 is out (link is in the op):

• Added one mission.
  • Tweaked mission objectives in mission #2.
  • Fixed some briefing typos in mission #5.

Again, thanks to all of you who give feedback and constructive criticism (here on BIS forums or otherwise), especially to Comrades in Arms! I'd really appreciate if all of you who play these missions could drop a comment or go rate it in Steam Workshop! The next milestone is version 1.0 and a total of 10 missions.

Just finished Clasis Ecium, I loved each and every one of these missions so far. Great work, thank you for sharing.

Nice one! But one small problem, as the leader I started with only one mag. Might whant to look into that. Other then that it was great!

Clasis Echium

Nice mission. Thank you!

Small observations: as AT i had a disposable RPG28 but 2 rockets, obviously the second rocket was useless, maybe place some ammo caches near enemy camps

I had this error while playing

Clasis Echium

Carboneum Atrum

see the link

http://imgur.com/CG0i350

Seems it has something to do that at least one of us got a vanilla weapon.

Edited by aliascartoons

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I'll take a look at all the issues tonight.

Edit:

@alias

I've fixed the loadouts concerning the RPG's. Thanks! The vanilla weapons problem is under the looking glass. I suspect that's a problem only with dedicated servers and possibly can happen in all the missions since the loadouts are managed the same way in all of them. I've had the same error as in your screenshot and it only shows in debug mode. I'm not sure what it is but it shows in all the missions. If you got a vanilla weapon, that's not intended. None of the missions should contain any vanilla weapons.

@tody

I've checked the loadouts and everything seems fine. Did you play on a dedicated server?

Edited by Fuiba

I've added version 1.00 (the link is in the op):

• Added two new missions.
  • Fixed some loadout issues.
  • Fixed briefing typos.

This is not the end of this mission pack. I plan to keep fixing bugs and there are still some known issues with dedicated servers. I'm gonna take a little break from adding new missions though.

Edited by Fuiba

I've added version 1.20 (link is in the op):

• Balance tweaks for mission #10.
  • Little tweaks and bug fixes throughout.

I've added version 1.40 (link is in the op):

• Fixed mission #11 briefing.
  • NVG loadout fixes for dedicated servers.

New version 1.50 out:

• Added one new mission.
  • Fixed mission #14 briefing.
  • Changed mission #11 truck to older model.
  • Little tweaks for mission #6.

Damn we are not keeping up! :)

Last couple coop nights we were too many during the first two missions to play Versus and when the first two were over we became too few...

I'll update once in back home. Thank you so much Fuiba.

Damn we are not keeping up! :)

Last couple coop nights we were too many during the first two missions to play Versus and when the first two were over we became too few...

I'll update once in back home. Thank you so much Fuiba.

Well it's good to hear that you have a good amount of players! And you will catch up eventually!

Hi Fuiba,

Fantastic missions! Finished 4 so far, the choice of medical script is brilliant.

If you are planning to add other mods to the missions. Please consider CSE and PG services - private military company mods. They would be perfect for your great missions.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Edited by TuffShitSki

Thanks for the feedback, TuffShitSki! I'm glad you've liked the missions. I plan to add more missions to this mission pack, but I'll keep the mod requirements the same. That makes it easy for people.

Thank you for the tips, though! I've been thinking about converting my old two mission packs from Arma2 to Arma3 and especially PG Services looks perfect for that!

I've been thinking about converting my old two mission packs from Arma2 to Arma3 and especially PG Services looks perfect for that!

OMG we'd love playing the first Versus campaigns in Arma 3!!! But for that you'd really need CUP to port over all the content you made use of. CUP and some other addons to make up for the ACE content.

That's true, Variable. There's not nearly enough content to recreate the Chernarus mission pack. Perhaps the Thirsk mission pack would be possible with little changes in the weapons and vehicles. But that's still just an idea.

Expect more missions soon!

I've added a new version 1.70 which has two new missions, no other changes.