ronhillultra

Esseker 0.1 - post apocalyptic map - alpha footage - WIP

First footage of new post-apocalyptic map for Arma 3. Inspired by Chernarus and ment to be realstic real-world based enviroment for survival gameplay, with rewarding exploration and even couple of secret areas.

169km2 overgrown world with one capital city and 10 small towns.

Map is made by me and my brother (TheMonkee). This is very big project we have been working on for months so please if you like it please support the project on "Make Arma not War" contest

http://makearmanotwar.com/entry/YWM0kZfNoj#.VKrp8yvF9mw

Looks good mate, I really like the fact you choose green as a color in those trees and just stuck with it, some maps have all the red/orange shit sticking out of the ground and it just doesnt work.

I think you could probably use some patches of dead grass in some places at least to keep variety and give more of a post apocalyptic feel.

Good luck, hopefully it wont destroy our FPS. Also, do I see stalker stuff in there? (wrecked bus)

thx man... glad you like it.

Yes I wanted lush green summer forests... I chose three different types of summer forests to give variation but to still seem like realistic forest with no trees that feel out of place. It took some time to get everything look right on the horizon

Reminds me of Sauerland & Taviana (dayz version). Nice terrain though, good luck with it.:)

Love the atmosphere of the map. Peaceful, yet somehow exciting. Good luck with it! :)

Props for using Time as the background music of the showcase vid!

Great cinematography along with music.That cursor at the end though, damn :D

Excited for map.

thx guys... really glad peole like the map.... its been months of hard work for both of us.

Also would not be possible without this community and people on this forum like Mikero, Bushlurker, M1lkm8n... and all the others that took the time to help me with this complicated system for building maps

Edited by RonhillUltra

Reminds me of Sauerland & Taviana (dayz version). Nice terrain though, good luck with it.:)

Don't remind me of Sauerland :( That map had amazing potential and looked like a huge version of Chernarus. I don't understand why they cancelled development on this map...

Esseker looks cool though, very detailed.

Don't remind me of Sauerland :( That map had amazing potential and looked like a huge version of Chernarus. I don't understand why they cancelled development on this map...

Did he stop working on it :butbut:, didn't know that. I use it for a little skirmish type SP and some testing. I think its for dayz, but it lends itself well to a war-zone.

Its great terrain, shame he stopped moving forward with it, he had great plans for it, at one time.

Damn, can't wait to speed around city streets in an assault boat! Have you considered putting aquatic plants like reeds & stuff in the flooded zones?

Where did you get the idea that the development has been stopped for this map? At Epoch forums he (Falconsan) seems to be quite active with new buildings. He has mentioned it will be coming to Arma 3 once the buildings are ready. Probably by using AiA terrain pack I would guess, as that is what A3 Epoch uses for A2 map compatibility.

Where did you get the idea that the development has been stopped for this map? At Epoch forums he (Falconsan) seems to be quite active with new buildings. He has mentioned it will be coming to Arma 3 once the buildings are ready. Probably by using AiA terrain pack I would guess, as that is what A3 Epoch uses for A2 map compatibility.

I don't have an official source, just a few people saying it's dead. Besides, the last entry in the official forums is one year old. I'd be terribly happy though if it's still alive.