?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Spoiler

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma
Aerial Refueling: drogue - probe style. It works with my Su-34 and some planes in the mil aviation mod.

Just fly close to a C-130 tanker and request fuel (The plane you want to refuel has to have a fuel probe and it has to be extended).

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

De-mirrored texture. No longer a strange door on the wrong side!

JATO bottles can be attached and will add a JATO script to your aircraft

Even non cargo version can load a little something

attached lights to the probe (small circle inside the drogue lights).

Adding a probe to the C-130 will allow it to be refueled itself.

The Harvest Hawk and the Credible Sport did not survive the recent game engine changes to Phys X.

Some day they may come back.

Lockheed C-130 Hercules

Credits and Info here:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=375880426

Source Files of the basic version can be found here

• Like 4

Awe man. Now your just showing off. LOL.

Saw Fat Albert in person once. Very cool stuff!

Looking great!

haha sorry : )

if it's any comfort they look a lot better than they are atm. The textures were laying around for a while now too.

I actually started making them for A2-OA.

Edited by Sabre_Dust

An SU-34 Fullback Reskin Port would be hella awesome too with the quality skins you make. This and the AN-2's make these old aircraft look as if they belong on Stratis/Altis as recreational vehicles.

how about a firefighter variant and a civilian airliner with full seating for passengers? :)

Thanks Darkside, yes it's strange none ported the SU-34 yet. I actually had a look but the weapons and proxies confuse me. I might do an unarmed aerobatic version of some jet sometime tho. Could be fun

I like those ideas Modder. Will think about it. Just checked and theres a gazillion pics of tanker variants and quite a few civilian L100 versions around the web - thanks : )

Well with the An-2 working so nicely on water thanks to Gnat - I googled if anyone had ever made an amphibian version of the C130.

Turns out there were plans both for a floatplane with field installable amphibian floats and a fully redesigned version as C130 Flying Boat.

No one asked for it but yet here it is :D

Spoiler

arma3c-130floatplane.jpg

Floatplane variant

arma3c-130floatplane2.jpg

Floatplane variant

whatya think? Am I going to far : ) ?

Also changed the Fat Alberts colors to match EricJs F18 Reskin:

2015-01-14_00012.jpg

EricJs F18 Blue Angels Super Hornet Skin Set

2015-01-14_00031.jpg

First tests of my ancient Retro Rocket Script in my Credible Sport inspired version

• Like 1

Nice work mate! :) Planning on a stealth or bomber version to? :p

Thank you! Hehe, not really : )

When I manage to finish my XFC-130H variant and made some nicer floats for the floatplane I will concentrate on an L100 Airliner and a Firefighter version.

Stealth version of the XFC-130 would be wicked tho and actually make sense! I lack the necessary remodeling skills to pull that off sadly. I am totally amazed by Saul and John Spartans F18 Black Wasp. Its such high quality.

Something like that would be so awesome really : )

btw I am looking for alpha testers. Anyone interested in piloting these planes send me a pm!

Can I ask where you get the C-130s? Are they A2 ports? I'm looking to add a C-130 to my HALO Module in my SpookWarCom mod project.

I do not own any other ArmA games so I'm not sure how to get/port old models into A3.

Great skins. Note sure if you're aware but Sakura_Chan at one time offered sources for a partially ported and improved C-130J here...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170135-ArmA-2-C-130J-and-MV-22-Redux

...which includes;

-"unmirrored" the model. It now has unique left and right textures and geometry, enables correct liveries and camo patterns.

-reworked materials

-upgraded cockpit lighting

-arma 3 lights and collision lights

-includes layered .psd files and blank grey textures for easy repainting

-fixed 'wheels poking through the body'

-animated control sticks

-all new hud

• Like 1

@ Goblin

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_2_Sample_Models - I think that's where I got them from. A2 wouldn't help you as the models in there are binarized. So you're not missing out there.

I will release the source code of the standard C130J from this addon to whoever wants to use it.

Just send a pm. You can have it! It can fly already, most of the features that worked in OA work already with the exception of the hud and the mfd backlight.

I will delete the floatplane part tho, till I have permission from Gnat to share his idea how to make it work.

@Defunkt

Thank you and thanks for the link - Yes I did have a look at that thread a while ago - especially where they mentioned JATO and Flannels Jato script. His effects are much nicer than my old Jato script, I like it a lot!

I see, Sakura_Chan actually offered it out for someome to take over, I had missed that. Let's hope he can continue on it sometime - or someone with more time and knowledge than me can take over - the MV22 looks so awesome too.

Right now I am positive I can make everything work I want to include by myself. My AN-2 port teached me all of what I want to know right now.

I also fixed the wheels poking through the body. That drove me so MAD in A2:OA :S

It took me 5 minutes... just had to tilt the angle of the gear axis and make a new one for the other side...and we had to put up with it for years :S

You can expect about the same features as my AN-2 such as working Copilot, Firing from Vehicles, Lights, Instruments, extended TrackIR support thanks to Feint, landing on water thanks to Gnat, Moving Pilot Controls - I do know how to meanwhile :) , etc.

you will of course have all the bugs too till someone tells me how to fix them : )

Yea Firing from Vehicles. I will add 2 sitting positions close to the ramp and you may use your handgun from there. You will also be able to control the plane from there till I figure out how to block that :D

But future, who knows, maybe those guys fly the plane with their mobile phones...

Do you plan on doing a version without the drop tanks? For us Brits that would be ideal, very nice work on those though!

2015-01-15_00034.jpg

@ Baconide: you mean that thing between the engines? Somewhat like this just without the Shrike rocket engines in this pic?

Can do. What do you want with it? 4 blade Prop or 6 blade? Do you have any Camo/texture I can put on it?

2015-01-15_00030.jpg

Playing around with the Firing from Vehicles, works just fine : )

http://img5.picload.org/image/cciwpld/2015-01-15_00034.jpg

@ Baconide: you mean that thing between the engines? Somewhat like this just without the Shrike rocket engines in this pic?

Can do. What do you want with it? 4 blade Prop or 6 blade? Do you have any Camo/texture I can put on it?

http://img5.picload.org/image/cciwplo/2015-01-15_00030.jpg

Playing around with the Firing from Vehicles, works just fine : )

Yeah like that without the rocket pods would be great, 4 prop or 6 prop are fine not too bothered in that regard. In terms of textures a guy in the unit I am in made 3 different versions (Grey, Green, and Desert) but I will need to check that he is happy for them to be used as they are not mine to give away. Awesome work though!

@Baconide: Just ask him. You can also take part together in the alpha test and decide if you want to submit your textures or not after testing

All the others here: Alpha Testing now open, send me a pm if you want to take part

stadium.gif

first attempt and also first successful attempt to land the XFC-130H in a soccer stadium: DarkSideSixOfficial : )

Still looking for Alpha testers,

Take part in the closed Alpha Testing: send me a pm with your steam name if you want to take part.

I need your steam name because then I can add you and you will get access to the closed alpha on steam

(visibility of the addon is friends only).

Edited by Sabre_Dust

The Planes mostly work and I am a bit bored so I decided to launch this thing,

It's all WIP as usual. Before you give me feedback you can check the first post.

I know of some issues and I have a list of features I want to add there.

Everything in this addon is subject to change, even classnames etc. So don't build complex missions if you're not prepared to edit them at a later stage.

Download C130 Variants Early Access Version 0.4

Fly safe & responsibly!

New mod v0.4 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Sabre_Dust;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

http://img5.picload.org/image/ccpwoao/stadium.gif

first attempt and also first successful attempt to land the XFC-130H in a soccer stadium: DarkSideSixOfficial : )

hahah did it also..first thing i tryed when i downloaded this mod :D but manage to land on first goalpost and tried to take off but i failed XD missing mybe 20-30m more :D

@DevilDogCro

haha great : D

Ya it's a pity that the goal posts are fixed. We tried to flatten them with a tank put that flew off in a freak phys X accident.

Otherwise it would probly work. Maybe I can add some vertical lift to the script someday. I believe that it's not only forward thrust in reality.

---------- Post added at 00:19 ---------- Previous post was at 22:27 ----------

Pretty happy how the smoke particle effects turned out. Took inspiration from Flannels RATO script:

2015-01-28_00002.jpg

2015-01-28_00003.jpg

Btw. Looks like the C-130J still has prop blur enabled. What do you people think? It is sort of buggy over water. Not sure if it can be fixed. I deleted it from the other versions for the time being till I decide on what to do with it.

I have changed the way my proxy accessories work:

Next update you will be able to also switch them on and off from the planes Init Box like this:

this animate["proxies_skis", 1];

this animate["proxies_jbottles", 1];

this animate["proxies_droptanks", 1];

@Baconide and others who may find this useful:

Also added the Droptanks to the list. You can hide/unhide the droptanks for any version (except XFC-130)!