sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

Two things, first, I absolutely love this mod! The crazy part is that I can honestly say that it's not the variety of vehicles and weapons or units, but the little things, things like the ammo cans and other assorted objects in the back of the CH-47's, or various items and "items" in the hooches that I love most. These things make this mod feel much more immersive and give it it's own sort of personality, making the buildings feel like they are actually lived in and the vehicles are being used by real crews. While I certainly enjoy everything else as well, the little details are what do the most for me.

Second, and sorry in advance because it's one of those dreaded and annoying 'requests' :unsure: , would you guys consider expanding the airport on the doung island map? Specifically, adding a taxiway would be much appreciated as the runway situation can get a bit crazy if there are more than a couple of aircraft taking off, and maybe adding a larger area for helicopter pads, preferably not next to the runway as I've had situations of planes landing and not wanting to taxi past a parked helo on the pad next to the parking area and hangers causing a massive plane pileup. I know that it would likely be lot of work for little gain as there really isn't much call for numerous aircraft over such a small map anyway but if it's not too much to ask I for one would certainly appreciate it. Regardless, you guys are doing great things here!

• Like 1

Second, and sorry in advance because it's one of those dreaded and annoying 'requests' :unsure: , would you guys consider expanding the airport on the doung island map? Specifically, adding a taxiway would be much appreciated as the runway situation can get a bit crazy if there are more than a couple of aircraft taking off, and maybe adding a larger area for helicopter pads, preferably not next to the runway as I've had situations of planes landing and not wanting to taxi past a parked helo on the pad next to the parking area and hangers causing a massive plane pileup. I know that it would likely be lot of work for little gain as there really isn't much call for numerous aircraft over such a small map anyway but if it's not too much to ask I for one would certainly appreciate it. Regardless, you guys are doing great things here!

We haven't done a taxi way specifically, but you read our minds! Razor has already joined the little river next to the air strip with that little island in order to give space for a massive heli landing area. Plenty of space to move around now ;)

• Like 2

Chico the Gunfighter rides again

intel here

VKLg34O.jpg

LjrBG2q.jpg

ttIKaUP.jpg

uuBp3qe.jpg

3gLdQIT.jpg

J7gYajp.jpg

• Like 5

and here she is

9CYi509.jpg

some cockpit improvements

6ypKSlO.jpg

• Like 6

dawn patrol in chico

JisglGQ.jpg

gotta love those cbu's

z9SdOb4.jpg

• Like 2

testing the fire effects on the huts - shooting them

and using the old zippo

• Like 2

taking the new mk20 rockeye (by 3d artist Howells) for a spin...

9JYZ5jp.jpg

• Like 5

we upgraded our A2 tanks today

many tweaks to improve them for A3, based on vilas, yac and pooks work in A2 versions:

- new lights, brakelights, searchlights

- crew proxies, turn in/ out anims

- new muzzle flashes and gun fx

- ride on cargo points (not FFV yet)

- added sounds

- new getin/out points, slingloading

- added fordingdepth (for paddy fields)

- fixed hitpoints

- improved exhausts

- clan sign

- upgraded viewport and gun optics

- stretched MG mount on sheridan, added hand anim points

- added smoke launcher to sheridan

- fixed model properties issues

- fixed eventhandlers

M48 Patton

uqzmSfY.jpg

odc1sKe.jpg

M551 Sheridan

JzezDOt.jpg

qn6oJwI.jpg

• Like 7

ramamarines is making us an M35 but sadly he missed the deadline for Delta :( so you will have to wait til May 2017 for them now.

• Like 1

night ops tests of the F4J

2o1YEmi.jpg

dropping rockeyes on the ho chi minh trail

IJJpWTW.jpg

chico gun test at night

ofe84X2.jpg

• Like 4

Hello all! Welcome back! Quick get your socks on and buckle up as DELTA Release is coming THIS WEEK.

New Mk 82 Snakeyes from Howells

D4AA6BD91BDF296726C906C1B3192CA55694A7C7

Fowler made us a new Khe Sanh trailer!

Also we have the tanks working with their shells and hit points, here as an example is the M551 Sheridan in a steam post we made:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/theunsungvietnamwarmod#announcements/detail/510427455845734645

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Barden said:

Hello all! Welcome back! Quick get your socks on and buckle up as DELTA Release is coming THIS WEEK.

Holy crap!!! Christmas has come early this year. 

A big thanks to the entire Unsung team for their hard work over the last few years. I have personally gained many hours of enjoyment from your awesome mod (both in Arma 2 and Arma 3) and I still find it hard to believe that I can get something with this much high quality content for free!

One quick question, is Unsung compatible with ACE and ACRE?

not yet, but some people play it with it at their own risk. i think it breaks our eventhandlers. like the disposable LAW.

39 minutes ago, eggbeast said:

not yet, but some people play it with it at their own risk. i think it breaks our eventhandlers. like the disposable LAW.

Thanks Eggbeast. How about ACRE?

As Barden stated DELTA is nearly here.The team is doing last minute fixes and its being packed ready for release.

Also since the forums were down , Mod DB have been hosting the MOD of the year awards. So far we have made it into the top 100 out of 25000+ mods which is an outstanding accomplishment thanks to our loyal fans.  However the polls haven't closed so ,  If you like the mod and want to support the team please head over there and vote for us:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/unsung1

Thank you

SaV

• Like 1