sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

Didn't see LVTP Amtrac on the Delta list. I believe you already had the model but why isn't it in unsung? We are really going to need it for lovely landings. Also U.S. cargo trucks and Hue??

The LVTP model we had in A2 was only partially complete.  I was able to get it working w/o any visual errors but it had no interior, no animated doors, and no extras other than "being there".  Fast-forward to now... as far as I know the team still has that model but I doubt anyone has bothered to build the interior.  Lots of work for very little in return.

Besides, the game engine has not supported tracked amphibious vehicles up to now, so why bother.  A few days ago one of the A3 dev notes indicated this may change in an upcoming update.

Next question?  :)

Edit to add, if you mean the map "Hue" then you'll have to be patient like the rest of us.  While most vehicle addons take a few months from start to finish, a map can literally take years to get right.  You can't just run a "next-next-finish" wizard for a good map.

• Like 1

Okay. Thanks for the answer. I am very excited about Hue map. It would add whole different "world" to unsung. A city map. Btw I could donate for M274 MULE some day since I really wan't it to this mod. Imagine Hue fightings with bunch of MULEs driving around with M40's equipped :D also M50 Ontos is in my wishlist. Must have on Hue map. Could donate for that.

By all means send me a pm and we can accept your donation

The list you see for delta is based on the work we can manage with a very small

Team

• Like 1

Maps coming soon

done for delta:

maps1_zps8u4d4ena.jpg

promo vids (from arma 2 days)

ready for delta

Da Krong

Doung island

khe sanh

Song cu

Lowlands

SEA

Ia Drang Valley

Plei Trap Valley

Dong Ha

work in progress

Phu Bai

Mekong Delta

Cao Bang

Ashau valley

• Like 11

we are limited by the engine. also limited by having at most 5 members of the team active at present, and many of these in a very limited capacity.

without decent quality reinforcements, you must all hold back asking for stuff. it just is not possible to provide it.

Impressive but is there any way that you could swap the crystal-clear water for brown soup?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown-water_navy

Or are you victim of a limitation from the RV4 engine?

Yeah we all want it changed too but its up to BIS . I did ask them to make an opacity setting for the water in a future update but will have to wait n see.

Egg has been under the pump , what he means is we are at capacity changing and fixing what we can. We have quite a big backlog of work and ports from A2 and the boys have been hammering away at it , this engine has been the most challenging of all the titles we have modded.

We will get to it don't worry its just a question if we burn out first,  or they commit us to the looney bin first having configuritis (a SaV word :P ) , or flashbacks to the days of OFP :wacko:

Either way we are moving forward but its extremely hard to find quality and committed members. But thanks for the support :)

• Like 1

Enjoy this trailer of the brand new map Song Cu made by Jones.S, trailer made by Fowler [25thID] :)

• Like 8

we are calling for a sign artist!

if anyone out there is a budding artist, could you help?

some of the takistan buildings will be used in our vietnam urban maps

they have arabic signs on them at present - see rar file for textures

http://server.elite-warriors.co.uk/eggbeast/projects/uns/signs.rar

there are two textures, each one contains a range of signs sharing the same image. this is what they look like

shop_signs_02_co_zps93ii1i32.jpg

shop_signs_01_co_zpsmb2tvfrr.jpg

we would like these to be upgraded (matching dimensions to each individual sign, so they fit on the buildings afterwards)

to make them vietnamese 1960's era signs.

if you fancy a go at it please grab the rar file and have at it.

• Like 4

We are in need of a translator someone whom is able to speak Russian. Please PM me if this is you :)

Cheers

Sav 

• Like 1

a few pics from last nights test game

bunker1_zpsbcjbhugc.jpg

boatt41_zpstmxp7lal.jpg

boat21_zps6ivaskdx.jpgboat3_zpsob5p61wv.jpg

• Like 6

Amazing Job! Congratulations guys! B) B) B)

I can't wait to play with "Delta" version. I love the A2's maps! :wub:

• Like 2

First set of pics, chap on the left, getting Hawkins vibe there :)

Looks great guys. 

• Like 2

Is there going to be topless uniform at some point? Some soldiers did not wear a jacket cause it was too damn hot. Not even during firefights. And also uniform with OG & white t-shirt would be great. Hot weather baseball cap too.

Is there going to be topless uniform at some point? Some soldiers did not wear a jacket cause it was too damn hot. Not even during firefights. And also uniform with OG & white t-shirt would be great. Hot weather baseball cap too.

Oh we know, we've been wishing for a topless model since the beginning however we do not have the man power or the modelling skills to create such beauty, otherwise I would be diving on top of that as soon as I could!

I stumbled upon https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Visual_Upgrade a little while back. It might help you with the water colors, no terrain making experience so no clue beyond a link. :D

Hey if you want to genuinely have a crack, contact Sgt_Savage in a PM for details to talk and such.