sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam Mod 3.0 WIP THREAD

Awesome news! I have very fond memories of playing Unsung in ARMA2, though they mostly revolve around aimlessly stumbling through the jungle, followed by screaming like a little girl and emptying a M60 into the foilage. Good times :D

Keep the comments coming, again it motivates the team:)

i love you

Cue the Jimi Hendrix music! This is gonna be awesome.

we need a unit maker - new units and kit and an island converter/builder of icebreakers caliber - any volunteers?

Yesss. I'm excited! Hopefully when this is released RobJ will create a scenario for it and I can fly my Huey on random missions over the jungle :D Or maybe I'll do one. Will you start from scratch again or port the old stuff?

You know that was one thing the old Unsung lacked somehow. Flying on mission is only so much fun with your render distance set to 500 :P

Yesss. I'm excited! Hopefully when this is released RobJ will create a scenario for it and I can fly my Huey on random missions over the jungle :D Or maybe I'll do one. Will you start from scratch again or port the old stuff?

You know that was one thing the old Unsung lacked somehow. Flying on mission is only so much fun with your render distance set to 500 :P

There is a lot of stuff that could be ported or at least rebuilt from its foundations things like weapons and vehicles or islands but many things like unit models, uniforms that kind of thing would need to be remade. It is safe to say this mod is a ways off but it will be worth the wait.

Very exciting news , we have had 3 new talented members join the team...The unsung war machine has kicked over we have started work on 3.0 :) Stay tuned!!

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

Very exciting news , we have had 3 new talented team members join the team...The unsung war machine has kicked over we have started work on 3.0 :) Stay tuned!!

Congrats mate, can't wait!

Excellent news, Sav. One the very best mods for A2/CO, & I'm sure it will be so in A3.

Nice.

Will you rework the Hueys?

Cause I didn't really like those on ArmA 2 - they were too sharp. For example, ArmA 2's model of the UH-1D was better than yours.

well go make yourself one then and stop bitching

• Like 1

Tttttt, you're so rude.

PM from one of our teams most professional modelers

Thank you fot this EB! It's about time someone slaps this lady. Always bitching at something, asking, or rather, demanding something in rude manner.

be advised - during the mod development we do not want a lot of people like this in the thread demanding stuff they are not prepared to work on themselves. If you want it, make it. if you can't make it, be grateful for what we do make for you to enjoy. end of...

Nice.

Will you rework the Hueys?

Cause I didn't really like those on ArmA 2 - they were too sharp. For example, ArmA 2's model of the UH-1D was better than yours.

Hey mate,

Yes our Huey's are getting a little long in the tooth and we haven't decided if we are going to upgrade yet.

These birds are part of the unsung legacy , the original model first took flight in OFP and have since been upgraded for Arma 1 then Arma 2.... So at this stage we as a team have not discussed upgrading our models. Our focus is getting all the other stuff in and running on A3 first.

Sav

@Sgt Savage

thanks for the answer mate.

@eggbeats and the unnamed one

PM from one of our teams most professional modelers

"Thank you fot this EB! It's about time someone slaps this lady. Always bitching at something, asking, or rather, demanding something in rude manner."

be advised - during the mod development we do not want a lot of people like this in the thread demanding stuff they are not prepared to work on themselves. If you want it, make it. if you can't make it, be grateful for what we do make for you to enjoy. end of...

So, now we just have to only say "good work, everything you're doing is perfect"? Saying anything else about the mod is just bitching?

Tssssss, really great open mind!

Plus, I've been supporting you since I discovered the mod on ArmA 2 and worked with this mod.

Did you forget it? Or didn't you just noticed, being too busy to calling me bitching?

And I really wanna get the name of the guy who tells I'm "always bitching at something, asking, or rather, demanding something in rude manner.".

Last thing : when you create something, you must expect feedback, some good but also some bad. If you can't accept them, then don't do anything.

• Like 1

wiki added to my ignore list

i really do not like people entering threads with demands and negative criticism when they have never lifted a finger to work on the mod.

anyone else doing that also gets added to ignore list, so we never see his dumb posts