deltagamer

DG British Armed Forces

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

It seams that they do not show up in zeus still. But, all the other issues are fixed which is good :D. Just thought I would let you know what happened. Just feedback.

Do you have any plans for an RN Multi-role configuration of the wildcat? With door gun and 4 seats? Also do you have plans for an RN Merlin with a door gun?

---------- Post added at 00:59 ---------- Previous post was at 00:02 ----------

Further to my last post I have just tested the update and I am glad to see that you made the wheels work! There is still one issue however, the aircraft still takes damage when performing rolling touch downs. I noticed this on the Merlin and the Wildcat and didn't test the Chinook and the Apache seemed okay. This was happening at varying speeds and was always damaging the engine and instruments... whether it has anything to do with the suspension colliding or something I don't know? Im not ofay with this config shiznit.

With regards to the Merlin, its nice to see a tail gun! But would you be able to lower the ramp slightly more to the crew member can actually see out the gap in 1st person? Also it is far too manoeuvrable, it can do barrel rolls, corkscrews and loops with a starting altitude of <25m

Good to see them in game tho! Another update or two and they'll be perfect!

Edited by P_Siddy

The camera was very cool when I first turned it on. However the quality of PiP is so low it doesn't make it much use. Would it be possible to reflect the gunner's zoom level and vision mode (thermal, NVG etc). That way you might be able to see something on the screen while in the air.

After last update,still only Ch47s show in MCC and Zeus.Could this issue be fixed?

No other issue find so far.

Just as an FYI, the skin for the Longbow that I am assuming is forming the base for the AH1 shows through in direct sunlight. You can read "United States Army" underneath the British markings.;)

Really grateful for the mod. Can't wait for some updated sounds on the ramp MG and finalizing the Merlin gun.

The possible reason of the only CH-47 shows in MCC and zeus could be the displayname or classname of these helis,maybe there are conflict with some other vehicles already in Arma3.

Major Boggie, one of the people who cooperates with Armaholic to create videos for the Armaholic Youtube Channel, released a review video of your DG British Aircraft Mod :)

We hope everyone will leave their feedback in the video comments, like the video and/or subscribe to our channel!

In case anyone sees this and he/she makes videos and is also interested to cooperate with Armaholic feel free to sent me a message here or on Armaholic!

Has anyone figured out the Zeus thing yet? I have had a look through the config comparing both the Chinook one and the main heli one but cannot see anything out of place.

For zeus just have a vehicle class, then have the classname of the vehicle in the units array of CFG Patches

*Snip*
*Snip*
*Snip*

Thanks gents for the mirrors :)

It seams that they do not show up in zeus still. But, all the other issues are fixed which is good :D. Just thought I would let you know what happened. Just feedback.

I've ironed out the zeus issues now. They will be gone by the next update.

*Snip*

Yeah I plan on doing RN variants also the working wheels don't work like the Advance flight model ones so that's why your crashing. I'll adjust the ramp in future versions.

The camera was very cool when I first turned it on. However the quality of PiP is so low it doesn't make it much use. Would it be possible to reflect the gunner's zoom level and vision mode (thermal, NVG etc). That way you might be able to see something on the screen while in the air.

PIP quality is on your side I'm afraid. You will need to increase your quality in order for it to look better - Looks fine on my end.

Will you allow JSRS3 compatibility?

I don't know if that's something I do or they do so no not right now.

*Snip*

Thanks for letting me know.

*Snip*

Cheers Foxhound and team for the video, its much appreciated.

*Snip*

Thanks for that reference image, it will come in handy.

Any plan on changing the crew to be UK?

Yeah, this mods going to become one large british mod with infantry, aircraft and other things... Here's some soldiers with different camos/gear for a teaser.

8iHbbDo.jpg mr49T1G.jpg

Those L85 will also in next update or they're from other mods?

Those L85 will also in next update or they're from other mods?

Kiory has allowed me to include his L85 mod in this mod pack so it removes any dependencies. I'll probably also do my own weapons at some point depending on how much time I have.

Should get us a patch with some crew then pretty quick!...............right.:cool:

No I'm afraid not, I'm going to get everything ready for one large update. There will be new aircraft such as the Puma in the next update along with some planes, soldiers and land vehicles.

Not sure if it's already been mentioned but in MP we're experiencing a bug on the Merlins where if you enter/exit via the rear ramp, it breaks the anti-torque rotor. Any ideas?

Very cool, will be downloading and testing presently. I love the colour scheme of everything. As an avid Brit-milsim player, this is invaluable. Thank you.

Excellent port, really good, very nice. Best Brit helo mod thus far! Really liking the unarmed Wildcat, could be about to become our standard battle taxi ïŠ

A few observations though…

• The windscreen and pilot/co-pilot door glass are all 100% bullet proof, and I mean 12.7mm/.50 cal bullet proof.
  • When the side doors are closed, there’s no change in the outside noise of the vehicle; it’s as noisy as if they’re open.
  • Goggle mods such as AGM and it’s predecessors like ZAM/LHM, collect dust & residue blown up by the rotor blades when the sides doors are closed.

2 & 3 above sounds like the vehicle is classed as ‘open’, and doesn’t convert to ‘closed’ when the doors shut.

Well there's no requirement to make it compatible with AGM, you can't blame the author for another mod not working with his lol.