laxemann

LAxemann's DynaSound: A new soundmod (+ public soundmod-framework)

Nice sound but the coax.HMG the tank is firing after the shot seems to be louder.

This mod is going to be a nice addition to the community :). Can hardly wait ;)

SMGs, anyone?

• Like 1

;)

<3

Edit:

Finished the sonic cracks today. #feelsGoodMan

And there we go.

People asked for it, and now I'll reveal them, together with my buddy mega:

BULLETCRACKS!

• Like 3

And there we go.

BULLETCRACKS!

Sounds so damn cool.

And there we go.

BULLETCRACKS!

Sounds amazing. After seeing this vid it was hard to alt-tabbing back to the game and to listen to vanilla sounds.

Day would be complete when there would be a link to download this mod, seems not to be today :(

Very good candidate for ACE3_SoundMod :). Still waiting for your immersion mods implementation.

Here's a bit of feedback you were requesting. Your sounds or initial sound needs more "pop" or "pow", they sound like the sounds from old Ghost Recon. The launchers eg. RPG, M136, etc. , should sound different. Distant sounds are good, can probly use more refference. Explosions.....we really need to talk buddy. I'm not saying its a bad mod, its great and I cant wait for you to finish., I think you could use some help though. I've been dying to either find a sound mod I can relate to OR, complete my own but I just have not had the time to do it anymore, much less try and figure out the configurations and all. I tried to find you on Skype but you're hardly on bro. I love the concept though. very nice

Do you have any idea/data or comparison how "fps hungry" your mod is ? JSRS was giving serious performance loss for people with weaker computers and logs were full of "call" functions.

I hope your mod will have less impact on multiplayer performance ! Cant wait to try it !

3CB are hungry for some sound mods and I was wondering about the MP aspect of Dynasound. Clearly with the interchange of fire between yourself and Megagoth (funny commentary btw) it's MP compatible, but are there scripts being pushed around the server etc ?

We'd like to understand what impact that would have on performance and equally if some people wanted to #VoteVanilla would their game be at a disadvantage in some way - i.e. with RPT spam or lack of sound perception.

Keen to get some insight - cheers Lax

SJ

• Like 1

Hey guys,

some of you know that my actual side job is music production.

I'm currently in Denmark at the place of a fellow producer, Daniel Kandi.

Check out his music, well worth it! :)

Anyway, I can't give you a release window yet and the time I'm able to spend on the mod will decrease, too. Buuuut I can answer your technical questions.

So far, noone complained about DynaSound's performance. I didnt do scientific FPS comparisons yet, but I never had lagging sounds or anything like that.

The mod itself will be 100% local, nothing is transfered over the network.

It will of course work in MP, but you will only be able to hear the distant _explosion_ sounds of your own weapons until the guys at BI fix an event handler issue which I'm too lazy to search for atm. :p

If someone else e.g. throws a grenade, you will hear the regular DS grenade sound being regulary filtered by ArmAs sound engine.

Greetings from Denmark.

Aalborg has amazing girls :D

• Like 2

Cheers for the confirmations Lax... Looking forward to the output.

Not bad. Weapon shots a little bit too balloonish (thick lowend punch), not hard enough :p, but maybe a matter of taste..

Not bad. Weapon shots a little bit too balloonish (thick lowend punch), not hard enough :P, but maybe a matter of taste..

Its like Megagoth brought out, the volume of the weapons are so equal to footsteps and environmental sound that it is very unbalanced. If you raise the volume in the modified sound file it ends up squashed and very compressed sounding. But that baloonish sound can or might be your sound or speakers if you have a home theater system hooked up to your computer.

Hi,

it´s always a matter of taste, but this is my taste - not overtuned, overdone. 

It sounds like it should - not an overdose of annoyance of sounds.

It is a good overall ratio.

Keep it up.

Greetings

McLupo