j0nes

ATLAS Mod: LHD Plus

Joker first at all check if You are saving mission UNBINARIZED cause it looks like binarized.

• Like 1

Joker first at all check if You are saving mission UNBINARIZED cause it looks like binarized.

That was it!!! Finally! many thanks!

One last question:

Is there a way to park the CH-53 on the deck without gears up and not jumping around?

• Like 1

That was it!!! Finally! many thanks!

One last question:

Is there a way to park the CH-53 on the deck without gears up and not jumping around?

This is the closest you can get to properly re spawning helicopters ASL. The problem with ASL spawning is that no matter how you place them (above sea level or underwater) the engines will automatically turn on and spin even without a crew. To circumvent it you would have to cut fuel, create a temp crew to engage landing gears, delete crew, than reset fuel and damage back to normal. You can use the script I created here: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/192656-nimitz-planeheli-respawn-template-works-for-lhds/#entry3064366

• Like 1

This is the closest you can get to properly re spawning helicopters ASL. The problem with ASL spawning is that no matter how you place them (above sea level or underwater) the engines will automatically turn on and spin even without a crew. To circumvent it you would have to cut fuel, create a temp crew to engage landing gears, delete crew, than reset fuel and damage back to normal. You can use the script I created here: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/192656-nimitz-planeheli-respawn-template-works-for-lhds/#entry3064366

Awesome I will try this. I was running a Persistent Mission so I had the helos staged on the air field and we had to fly them over and stage them because of this issue. 

Glad someone tried the Workaround, I refused to believe the only option was CUP. 

Glad someone tried the Workaround, I refused to believe the only option was CUP. 

The problem I have with the CUP one is it somehow turns everything in editor turned into simulated. Meaning anything I tried to place mid air tried to fall, boats would move away with tides, and helicopters/jets would automatically take off if in mid air, and vehicles were destroyable, all in editor. The only way I solved this was to disabled "enable simulation" but if I did, when I got into mission, there would be artifacts and random blue lines on the polygon edges.

@texmar, simplier :

In 3DEN, open the console with Ctrl + D, paste the following code then press Enter :

_lhd = create3DENEntity ["Object", "ATLAS_B_LHD_helper", screenToWorld [0.5, 0.5]];
_pos = (_lhd get3DENAttribute "position") select 0;
_pos set [2, 0];
_pos = ASLToATL _pos;
_lhd set3DENAttribute ["position", _pos];

EDIT : you need CBA and its extended console to run this script

• Like 4

@texmar, simplier :

In 3DEN, open the console with Ctrl + D, paste the following code then press Enter :

_lhd = create3DENEntity ["Object", "ATLAS_B_LHD_helper", screenToWorld [0.5, 0.5]];
_pos = (_lhd get3DENAttribute "position") select 0;
_pos set [2, 0];
_pos = ASLToATL _pos;
_lhd set3DENAttribute ["position", _pos];

is it working?

is it working?

Yes, but beware. Crazy shit happens on the LHD in the editor. I'll let you find out for yourself.

• Like 1

It was on the last page. Texmar posted this

You do NOT need CUP Weapons, Vehicles, etc...to load the ATLAS LHD Plus Mod

- A  WORKAROUND TO 3D MISSION EDITIOR, you can spawn the ATLAS into 3D Editor by manually changing the classname in mission.sqm. 

Create an empty unit (no matter what is it) with desired heading and position.

Save as user mission. 

Open mission.sqf and change the entity to "ATLAS_B_LHD_helper" (type="ATLAS_B_LHD_helper" .

Open 3D Editor and your mission. ATLAS will be ready to be edited in 3D Mission Editor.

The ship spawns with CIWS mounted on it, if you would like to disable the spawning of these, use the variable:ATLAS_Official = true;

I've never used this method, instead use CUP

For those using the Atlas LHD with the requird CUP mods, do you also experience the weird Editor behavior with placed units becoming simulated and walking around, inside Eden?

How do you respawn players on the LHD? The script I used to respawn players into the hangar of the Nimitz won't work and neither does anything else. Anyone have a solution?

I place an invisible object at the place I want players to respawn (like one of those heli landing pad lights) and give it a name (like respawn_helper) and then add a respawn eventhandler to the player:

player addEventhandler ["RESPAWN",{
        player setPosATL (getPosATL respawn_helper);
        player setDir (getDir respawn_helper);
    }];

• Like 1

Next problem - I also have the Nimitz down. Now that I can respawn everyone on the LHD using the event handler - how do I get ONLY the FW pilot to respawn on the Nimitz? I have tried various solutions and failed - they either all respawn on one ship or the other. The problem, of course, is that to get them on the decks you need an eventhandler or a teleport from the respawn_west marker. Is there a way of setting such a marker for a specific individual?

Can you check the unit classname and then teleport the unit after the respawn to the correct spot?

Does this mod still work i have downloaded this and installed it i can not find it in the editor :(

You really need to read backwards through the thread.

Quick answer-No, and the latest version can be found in CUP

• Like 1

This is bumping an old thread, but.. yes, the mod does work, it just takes a bit of text editing to place it in the editor.

I have preferred using it over CUP, because CUP is generally too big for my tastes. Actually... the CUP version has added too much stuff IMHO... the only part of the CUP version that I think was an improvement over this one, is the little hangar on the deck in front of the super structure (and the lack of other issues due to this being out of date)

I recently became aware of an annoying issue with it however... for some reason, installing this mod makes dynamic loadouts of ASRAAMs not work. I can only guess as to why... maybe the defensive turrets use ASRAAMs and overwrite something?

An update to this/a standalone of the CUP version would be great

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ex3B said:

This is bumping an old thread, but.. yes, the mod does work, it just takes a bit of text editing to place it in the editor.

I have preferred using it over CUP, because CUP is generally too big for my tastes. Actually... the CUP version has added too much stuff IMHO... the only part of the CUP version that I think was an improvement over this one, is the little hangar on the deck in front of the super structure (and the lack of other issues due to this being out of date)

I recently became aware of an annoying issue with it however... for some reason, installing this mod makes dynamic loadouts of ASRAAMs not work. I can only guess as to why... maybe the defensive turrets use ASRAAMs and overwrite something?

An update to this/a standalone of the CUP version would be great

Yes, it would be great to have an update to this standalone LHD.