JNS Skycranes by Jonpas

A mod for Arma 3 that brings the OPFOR Mi-290 Taru Helicopters and Pods to different factions.
Screenshots

Features:

• Mi-290 Taru and its variants in different factions (CH-54 Skycrane)
  • Taru Pods in different factions (Skycrane Pods)
  • Modular (Textures and Factions all in separate PBOs)
  • Separate sub-menu in Editor and Zeus to keep it clean
  • Should have no issues with future Arma 3 updates, as config is inherited from the vanilla assets
  • Open-source - contribute on GitHub!

Compatibility:

Contributing:
If you have texture(s) you would like included, please PM me or make an issue or pull request on GitHub directly: Issue Tracker

Installation (adopted from Armaholic):

Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\

After extraction it should look like this:
Steam\Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\@Xeno_Taru_Pod_Mod\addons\

You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 and click Properties and then Set Launch Options.
In the window that opens enter in:
-mod=@your_mod_folder_name;
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
-mod=@mod_name;@mod_name2;@mod_name3;@mod_name4;@mo d_name5

And of course you can also enable and disable the addon through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!

The .bikey in Keys folder should only be placed inside the "Arma 3/keys" folder on the Server!

Usage:
This mod comes with great customizability, which also means a lot more files. All textures are in separate vehicle group under their respective faction, they look like "Skycranes <Colour>".

You can remove the PBOs you do not want to reduce clutter. Mind the following when removing PBOs:

• Core is always necessary!
  • When using any *.pbo file containing a colour in its name, respective Textures *.pbo and its *.bisign files are necessary

Links:

License:
APL-SA.png
This work is licensed under the Arma Public License Share Alike

Download:

Thanks for sending the release our way :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thank you very much, that was insanely fast!

New mod 1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Jonpas;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and soon also publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Awesome!

However what are, or where can I find listed the classNames of these variants so I can add them to my whitelist on VVS?

They are not automatically discovered.

Thx :)

For now, they are listed in the short in-code guide for texture adding, until I add them to the wiki on GitHub you can look at the following links:

Helicopters: https://github.com/jonpas/A3_JNS_Skycranes/blob/master/JNS_Skycranes/skycranes_colour.h

Pods: https://github.com/jonpas/A3_JNS_Skycranes/blob/master/JNS_SkycranePods/pods_colour.h

EDIT: Why you are not seeing them is probably because they are in separate CfgVehiclesClasses. Just putting them into Air would make a huge list due to many variants, so I decided to put them into "Air (Skycranes)" for easy of manipulation of the menus.

Edited by Jonpas

NATO? According to the pictures released by BIS, the Taru-Black is with the Chinese (at least that's how it looks...)... However, awesome that i no longer have to really script in that version of it thanks to this. =D

And maybe UN white with markings, you know for humanitarian aid if that's a thing in arma :P

I am not much of a texture guy, currently it's using the default Black camo that's already in the game, but hidden. The mod came to existence as the need in my community.

However, I am looking for textures to include, PSD files for the Taru are in dev-branch of Arma 3 Tools (under Samples), so if anyone cares to do a retexture, I will be more than happy to add it or even replace the default Black if it's that good. :D

If anyone is willing or has already done textures for the Taru, I will be happy to include them! They can also be for other non-NATO factions as I am planning to add it to AAF as well (and maybe some other), modular though, a separate PBO.

JNS Skycranes 2.0.0 Released! https://github.com/jonpas/JNS_Skycranes/releases/tag/v2.0.0

Big thanks to @Takelmeifter for his work on Green and Grey textures for all variants!

Also thanks to Bohemia Interactive for adding Bench and Fuel Pod source textures to Arma 3 Tools package.

Vote that up as well please: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22002

Edited by Jonpas

Thanks for sending us the updated release :cool:

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks for sending us the new release :)

news_download_a3_3.png

JNS Skycranes v2.0.1

** Armaholic now supports authors with donation button/links. When you have any donation/support links please contact me!

Do not know if this mod is still in development but the recent updates to ArmA 3 have broken the textures on the Taru. Would be cool if a fix could be done but I understand if you have moved on :)

I am still here, planning to do an update to the mod in the coming weeks, nothing set in stone.

What kind of "broken"? Got any screenshots or anything? I know there is some compatibility issue with CBA which I plan to look into.

7 hours ago, jonpas said:

I am still here, planning to do an update to the mod in the coming weeks, nothing set in stone.

What kind of "broken"? Got any screenshots or anything? I know there is some compatibility issue with CBA which I plan to look into.

The textures for CSAT got a bit of a lighting change when APEX was release, breaking all re textures of CSAT vehicles. I can edit a picture next time I am in game to this post. To sum it up, your re textures are no longer on the helicopters, there all CSAT Textures under NATO and AAF.