icebreakr

[IceBreakr/IBIS] Isla Duala for A3

I am not sure if everyone knows, but there have been added new areas to the A3 version of Isla Duala:

Taris Island, North Molatia

isladuala_newareas1.jpg

Suidorra Region, Southeast Afrene

isladuala_newareas2.jpg

Central-West Island, Border Area

isladuala_newareas3.jpg

• Like 5

Nice :) Will this get an Apex update later on when possible ? I think adding Tanoa resources would bring this already awesome map to a new level :) Be it a nice jungle areas, industrial areas (mines) or new buildings for villages and cities...

cheers

• Like 1

Pvt. Evans: as you know Tanoa assets are still scrambled/encrypted, so we are all waiting for BIS to enable that content eventually (from ebo to pbo). But focus is rather to release brand new maps than to change stuff in current ones and possibly break some of the missions ppl are making.

• Like 1

Yup really hope to finally see the resources in modders hands. I also understand that you prefer to spend your time on creating new stuff, but I think that espcially your maps and settings would benefit big time from using Tanoa resources. Just my thoughts :)

keep it up

Looks really nice, can't wait to play on it again!  :)

Duala looks like it is wetter than before... have you experimented with the tide height to determine the optimal settings for "land bridges" so to speak?  Or being able to be closer to the shipwrecks?

Hey,

just here to post a config error thats pops up in the 3d editor. Maybe u could fix it

http://i.imgur.com/kmDlhc7.jpg

All Mods are up2date

I just tried with CBA, Cup & Panthera+ Duala and don't have such error. You have a problem on your end.

Hoping this can be reindexed for ALiVE soon. Would really like to build a mission on Isla Duala for the guys to fight on.

• Like 1

I just tried with CBA, Cup & Panthera+ Duala and don't have such error. You have a problem on your end.

He wrote in Panthera topic that this error is visible when he runs the Esseker map along with mine. Wierd...

JD Wang: me too, me too... I need to revisit it a bit and remove the protection for new update.

• Like 2

Great to hear Icebreaker.

As one of the very few (ok..the only one) good "non Jungle" African maps....I'm psyched to hear about the update.  I'm also an ALiVE user so getting this beauty reindexed is great news.  I'm itching for a good African campaign.

• Like 3

Hey hey long time no hear in this topic ;)

So... straight to the point:

Isla Duala v3.66

Changelog
=========
- fixed skies & lighting that got wrecked with release of official patch 1.60+
- improved satellite image graphics
- removed dependency of Island Panthera & ibr_rn.pbo
- removed dependency of CUP Terrains Maps, only CUP Terrains Core is required
- added runway lights to both main paved airports

Uploading right now to PWS, Homepage & Steam Workshop. It should be up in minutes.

Awesome map Ice! I can run the map in editor and everything but when I try to host online (with @Exile and @CUP_Terrains_Core) I get an error: 

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.isladuala3
19:42:59 Missing addons detected:
19:42:59   isladuala3

the beginning of my mission.sqm goes like:

class Mission
{
	addOns[]=
	{
		"exile_client",
		"isladuala3"
	};
	addOnsAuto[]=
	{
		"exile_client",
		"isladuala3"
	};

commandline mods == @Exile;@CUP_Terrains_Core;@isladuala_a3;

Any help would be appreciated.

Did you try it without Exile? Mission.sqm is just wrong on your side, it should be "a3_map_isladuala3" instead of "isladuala3", how did you do that, by hand?

• Like 1

On 29/11/2016 at 6:36 PM, icebreakr said:

Did you try it without Exile? Mission.sqm is just wrong on your side, it should be "a3_map_isladuala3" instead of "isladuala3", how did you do that, by hand?

Edited by Baklava

Hello, here comes small report in connecting with mbg_african_structures.

Hope you can fix this one

So, Isla Duala v3.8 is coming very soon.... any final requests? Hurry ;)

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, icebreakr said:

So, Isla Duala v3.8 is coming very soon.... any final requests? Hurry ;)

make sure it's not Obfuscated so it can be reindexed by the alive boys

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Scotty_Z said:

make sure it's not Obfuscated so it can be reindexed by the alive boys

Or keep it obfuscated but privately send an unobfuscated one to Tupolov. He'll handle the rest. :)

16 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Or keep it obfuscated but privately send an unobfuscated one to Tupolov. He'll handle the rest. :)

yeah what he said

This week Isla Duala will get a new update 3.8 with updated Mangomak region (NE).

Other changes:

- enabled dust/visual effects for vehicles and units
- new improved satellite texture with 1m/px resolution
- fixed oasis height near Djolan

- unobfuscated version for Alive team

- license change so Life/RP mods are allowed to use it if their revenues are below $1000 per year and files remain intact

• Like 9

Sorry for asking but have you looked into problem with building I'v sent you in December? Its kinda game-breaking bug for our community and it stops my community from using this terrain which is great.

On 12/18/2016 at 7:10 PM, keeway said:

Hello, here comes small report in connecting with mbg_african_structures.

Hope you can fix this one

Keeway, I'll replace the building with the one from CUP and test it out tonight. Ok?

• Like 4

A bit of a setback. Entire work folder and files of Isla Duala have been bugged and Terrain Builder crashes on all instances of backup v4d files. Wrp is corrupted and it seems one of the work files in the project folder, too. I have been unable to pinpoint the problem or at least extract the objects from the work files since NOBODY in the community knows how TB files actually work... :/ I'll see what I can do, until them Duala is *gone* or at least on hold if devs help me out with the issue... TB hangs when loading any of the work files...