megagoth1702

Getting back into sound modding, need feedback on sounds

Thanks! Tell your friends. ;) This world needs proper sound, seeing that current arma3 sound changes don't go into the direction I hoped for.

The 50cals are getting a rework, they need it.

The TRG series all use the same firing sound and it's pretty bassy but it should not be distorted at all. Try disabling your surround and playing with basic stereo. On a side note - surround headphones are not the best sound equipment. :-/ They often lack the linear frequency response/sound honesty. The same sound can sound totally different depending on the set of headphones used. I use Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO stereo headphones which are pretty honest/have a flat frequency response but are a bit too bright sounding.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried to do it:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1499uzmf9tbyq8m

They sound good in game but the sound is being played from where you get hit. So if you get hit in the LEFT arm, you will hear "UGH" from LEFT as if someone next to you would get hit. Which makes no sense because your moan should be audible from the CENTER. I don't know a better way to make this work so I just pulled the voice out of the samples.

Can someone give a tutorial on how to put BI's voice samples for getting shot, in game?

A small update.

RPG firing.

Bassy kick, quiet rocket motor (since there is barely any).

Really like it. Even though I'm listening on a pair of bluetooth, in ear, sound engineer's nightmare, i can tell that the sound design is exactly what i've been waiting for. So, again, great work!

Yeah the bass kick is really nice, adds to what I imagine it would 'feel' like when firing an RPG.

Just on a sidenote, been doing some work for a few friends at UnitedOperations.net

FAMAS sound, dummy model placeholder.

Loving the sounds, can almost feel the rifle firing in your own arms when listening. To quote the old but great Homestar Runner series--"

!"

wow. i totally missed this so far. just learned about it from your signature in an unrelated thread. i totally love what you've done here. this fits my taste spot on. finally the weapons have this crisp tight pop they were always missing. thanks for the work you have done so far. and for the love of god, keep it up!

can't wait to hear your take on explosions.

and thx for not compressing your sounds to death :P

Wonderful sounds, this one looks really promising. Have you been able to test this in a MP-environment?

This is the sound mod that Arma 3 needs. What you've showed so far sounds so nice and crisp. Away with the stupid loud stuff. Keep fighting against the loudness war!

QUESTION: What do you think of the current vanilla UGL sound? It kinda reminded of your mod, it sounds very balanced to me.

wow. i totally missed this so far. just learned about it from your signature in an unrelated thread. i totally love what you've done here. this fits my taste spot on. finally the weapons have this crisp tight pop they were always missing. thanks for the work you have done so far. and for the love of god, keep it up!

can't wait to hear your take on explosions.

and thx for not compressing your sounds to death :P

:) Thank you very much. Tell your friends, spread the good sound across the community. If I get more support, I'll do more work, since I am on a break right now. Also because I can't wait for BIS' discharge/tails implementation.

Loving the sounds, can almost feel the rifle firing in your own arms when listening. To quote the old but great Homestar Runner series--"
!"

Thank you. :)

This is the sound mod that Arma 3 needs. What you've showed so far sounds so nice and crisp. Away with the stupid loud stuff. Keep fighting against the loudness war!

QUESTION: What do you think of the current vanilla UGL sound? It kinda reminded of your mod, it sounds very balanced to me.

Thank you so much. Again - spread the word.

The UGL is one of the better sounds in the game so far. Lacks a bit of low end kick but it's good! :)

Wonderful sounds, this one looks really promising. Have you been able to test this in a MP-environment?

Thank you very much. :)

MP is no problem, mod is totally client side, no scripts or whatever. It's up to your server admin to allow it.

If I get more support, I'll do more work

oh come on! don't go there. you have to earn the mindless praise yourself :p seriously though. just do it. you have something special here.

you got the base energy down perfectly (that godly pop/snap). now you only need to add some subtle characteristics. some slight metallic rattle here, some mechanic clickclacks there and it'll be perfect. it already tickles my eardrums even with my chea p 8 euro sennheiser earlplugs. first time i feel this physical connection to my weapon, i always loved in battlefield 3 and 4, in arma.

here's some random feedback:

on the sonic cracks the pitch seems weird on some of them. needs to be more sharp like a cheap firecracker. some times it seems like the pitch is too low.

the mechanical/metallic characteristics i mentioned are already well done in the khatiba. i'd love to see similar (but different ofc) on all weapons. i don't even care about realism as long as you give each weapon some unique textures. again. the base is brilliant. it just seems a bit clean at times. just needs some more randomness and roughness.

oh come on! don't go there. you have to earn the mindless praise yourself :p

I modded nearly every main rifle in the game so far. I think this is enough for the beginning. ;) With support I don't mean mindless praise & money, I mean that more people need to know about this kind of sound and understand that this is better than youtube-sounding loudness madness.

Thank you for the feedback. I will revisit sound cracks & weapons after BIS is done re-configuring them. The currently have 3 of them, instead of 2 in the DEV branch. I'll see where it goes.

Thank you for the feedback. I will revisit sound cracks & weapons after BIS is done re-configuring them.

nice. can't wait!

sounds like weapons recorded with not cheap microphones :D

Thanks. Actually there is a ton of processing, you can not just use recordings in game as they are. But the fact that you say that means"it works" ;). Most libraries have good sound quality but many sound guys destroy it for the sake of loudness.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Wow, the title of this thread is rather 'meh', but the content seems to be gold! :eek::angel:

You need to come up with a groovy name for this so people get interested in this thread. Keep it up!

Wow, the title of this thread is rather 'meh', but the content seems to be gold! :eek::angel:

You need to come up with a groovy name for this so people get interested in this thread. Keep it up!

Thank you! :DI'm all open for suggestions.

Thank you! :DI'm all open for suggestions.

MegaSound - Dynamic Range Soundscape Modification

MegaSound - True Dynamic Range Audio for Arma 3

or summin' like that

I've been following this closely. It's great to see somebody taking this approach. Most soundmods, one in particular, just have everything way too loud.

Thanks guys. With the new tails BIS implemented I wanna try working with that in my sound mod. It's a very different approach but I think I will get some nice results.

Some "internal" reverb experiments. I gotta figure ways out to split my sounds into tails and "short" sounds. By the way this is how "loud" I would preferably mix my stuff. But I have to push the volume to extremes because it has to fit the rest of the arma3 audio mix and the punch gets lost. :(

Just compare the "test.flac" (play with VLC, it's a lossless audio format) with MX and katiba. You hear how the katiba & MX are waay louder, but tbh I am not very happy with that because the loudness treatment took away some of the punch.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mdkv2gxobxuy9r9/soundTesting.7z?dl=1