megagoth1702

Getting back into sound modding, need feedback on sounds

Long time no update guys, but new years eve parties never stopped really, hahaha.

I've touched the Zafir and recorded a video showcasing all the sounds done so far.

50cal needs a re-work, absolutely. And after that I'll keep doing my to-do list. Been playing BF4 a lot lately, love the fly-by sounds of big shells/rounds. Probably what I will do after all the handheld rifles are done.

Edited by megagoth1702

Sounds good and balanced so far, I notice improvements on the heavier calibers that had a bit too long kick earlier.

Also youtube video on the JSRS RC when ;)

THis is sounding great man! Cant wait for the next update

Sounds good and balanced so far, I notice improvements on the heavier calibers that had a bit too long kick earlier.

Also youtube video on the JSRS RC when ;)

What do you mean - long kick?

THis is sounding great man! Cant wait for the next update

Thanks, I will do some more work in the next days. :)

zafir and mx have nice hard punch in the midbass area. Thats what I like!

my soundrig: headphones with flat frequency response in cmss2-xfi modus

zafir and mx have nice hard punch in the midbass area. Thats what I like!

my soundrig: headphones with flat frequency response in cmss2-xfi modus

Thanks.

What headphones? And why would you use any surround simulation for listening to a video that has stereo sound?

Heavily modded fostex T50RP http://www.head-fi.org/t/618659/fostex-t50rp-incremental-mods-and-measurements

For these mods you have to be a pure Mc Gyver...

These headphones needs mods and solid amping. Then they sound audeze-like :D Little bit overpowered for games :p

I refer to your downloadable version.

Edited by JumpingHubert

What do you mean - long kick?

The lower frequencies were active a bit too long in the early video for the sniper rifles in my opinion, that's what i meant.

Heavily modded fostex T50RP http://www.head-fi.org/t/618659/fostex-t50rp-incremental-mods-and-measurements

For these mods you have to be a pure Mc Gyver...

These headphones needs mods and solid amping. Then they sound audeze-like :D Little bit overpowered for games :p

I refer to your downloadable version.

Very nice man! :) Love flat frequency response. I am using Behringer DT 990 Pro, which are a bit treble-heavy and crisp, but I can compensate for it. :) Heil to great cans! :D

Ever noticed how you either barely hear when you get hit OR the sound's timing is off? I mean - why do you hear the incoming SUPERSONIC bullet and then the hit?

I did something about that.

Ever noticed how you either barely hear when you get hit OR the sound's timing is off? I mean - why do you hear the incoming SUPERSONIC bullet and then the hit?

I did something about that.

Nice. Wasn't there some "aaaah" shout in A2 when you got hit? Some hit scream/shout on top of that and it will be very nice system

Nice. Wasn't there some "aaaah" shout in A2 when you got hit? Some hit scream/shout on top of that and it will be very nice system

I tried, actually recorded myself. :)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1499uzmf9tbyq8m

The problem is - if you get hit in your left arm, the "hit" sound, together with the "ARGH" will be played to the LEFT of your head, which sounds silly.

In A3 there is this "pain" system, maybe I can exploit that somehow.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Mk200 prototype, not perfectly happy with the mechanics but I think it's fine.

Digging your rather "dry"-sounding style, har to explain, but it's very nice! :) :D

yep, short, dry, punchy. Can't wait to finish the damn weapons so I can move onto rocket launchers & cannons n shit, gonna be awesome!

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

Releasing current state of mod:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4n72ihrw418wgn9/15.Jan.2015_%40MegasSound.7z?dl=1

I tried, actually recorded myself. :)

The problem is - if you get hit in your left arm, the "hit" sound, together with the "ARGH" will be played to the LEFT of your head, which sounds silly.

In A3 there is this "pain" system, maybe I can exploit that somehow.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Hey those sound good , nice punched in the gut sound to them. I also use my own voice for my own custom death screens but with more of a deflated bag "ooooooof" while camera switches to 3rd person. Dunno why BI doesnt use these simple immersion builders, hell they have a whole bunch of hit sounds in there already unused....so I put them in Laxeman's death cries demo mod and it works pretty fricken nicely.

yep, short, dry, punchy.

thats it! All these three parameters together give the perfect shooting sound in my opinion! In most mods one or two of them lacks.

Hey those sound good , nice punched in the gut sound to them. I also use my own voice for my own custom death screens but with more of a deflated bag "ooooooof" while camera switches to 3rd person. Dunno why BI doesnt use these simple immersion builders, hell they have a whole bunch of hit sounds in there already unused....so I put them in Laxeman's death cries demo mod and it works pretty fricken nicely.

You put BI's vanilla samples into a mod? :D Which samples?

You put BI's vanilla samples into a mod? :D Which samples?

At work so can't check but they have at least 10+ hit grunt sounds with 3 categories for each: mild/moderate/heavy or something along those lines. It's not my mod it's laxemans script I just took out the RO2 death screams and changed the event handler from killed to hit so I could here them more often.

I'll look for file location when I get home

Been waiting for someone to look at sound modding from this perspective. Sounds great fantastic! Bravo :-)

Edited by DanielV

Been waiting for someone to look at sound modding from this perspective. Sounds great fantastic! Bravo :-)

Tell your friends, I am all up for support and feedback. I am confident in my skills but never stop to learn in game audio design.

Addons/sounds_f/a3/sounds_f/characters/human-sfx/ folders P01 -P06

I actually took a look at the sound folders before your post and found the sounds! Goddamit BIS y u no use this? :(

I think the bodyhit sounds should also include the soldier groaning, yelping or at least some kind of reaction to being hit. I think it would work fine in Arma 3 as you can already hear your own player wheezing out of breath when he is fatigued.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried to do it:

They sound good in game but the sound is being played from where you get hit. So if you get hit in the LEFT arm, you will hear "UGH" from LEFT as if someone next to you would get hit. Which makes no sense because your moan should be audible from the CENTER. I don't know a better way to make this work so I just pulled the voice out of the samples.

Edited by megagoth1702

I just gotta say, this is perfect!

Good job, I love the sounds, they are not too loud so my ears are not ringing after every game but spot on, and I love the pop they make.

Little issues with ADS sounds on the GM6 (Noise (kinda like metal vibrating at high frequency) after shooting while ADS) and the TRG-20 and TGR-21 EGLM (The sound while ADS is like too filled with Bass or something, it is not clear) (No issue with TGR-21), I believe those are the ones, just the sound is a bit weird when you shoot it while aiming down sights.

Other ones are great.

EDIT: I actually have a problem with most sounds when aiming down sights (They are distorted), but it is present only in surround (When i switch to it on my G35) so maybe it's just surround or just my headset.

Edited by Marcuskac