Hatchet_AS

ASDG - Mk. V SOC (WIP)

Alright guys,

Have some other taskings to handle today. So not quite enough time to put everything back in I stripped out to tackle the roadway. Minor issue came up with the 'getIn/Out' points after fixing the roadway. I have since removed all the extended cargo/ffv positions. And the stuff for handling the back deck cargo (crrc's/sdv). I'll put it all back in tomorrow when I have some dedicated ArmA time.

What I would like to know right now and need feedback on:

- General performance

Things have been fine for us in testing, however, all of us testing thus far have pretty modern and capable hardware. The boat is currently using 4k textures, and is obviously a little heavier than typical models. Let me know if your system melts. Granted I can not be held responsible should that occur.

- PhysX Handling

Much time has gone into balancing things out. While I do have an 'advanced' setup, the current setup is AI safe. And fairly functional in that regard. None the less, I tried to keep it interesting and fairly accurate (you can snap it around at speed). It is fairly difficult to flip/sink this version, although it can be done in rough water. Obviously that is much easier to do with the advanced model, which we'll get to in the near future.

Things I'm totally aware of outside of the above, or that are different from intended function:

- Current 'stand-in' weapons not really configured properly. (they work though)

- Displays are limited to on/off functionality. (tis intentional, using all 3 currently)

- Most of the cargo positions currently using the default non-IK pose in cabin. (will switch it back tomorrow)

- I have removed the performance LODs. Is only res0 geometry currently. (tis intentional)

- Again, I have not finalized the UV's for things. So why it has paint, I can point out a couple/few dozen 'issues'.

- There is some minor missing geometry, some new and not painted. And I apparently deleted a couple small parts at some point. (points for you if find the one with shadows still place, but no visual geometry)

- And there are few shadow issues that need tweaking in places.

- Maybe other stuff, most likely trivial.

Outside of that, it should be mostly functional.

PLEASE DO NOT REDISTRIBUTE AT THIS TIME

Whenever things reach an acceptable 'beta/stable' state, then it can be spammed everywhere.

That being said, I have included some keys (think they work), if some of you would like to utilize it on server right now.

ASDG MkV SOC - Initial Alpha Test (0.02a)

(DropBox)

Many thanks to those of you willing to test things out and provide some feedback!

Edited by Hatchet_AS

Yeah I suppose that could be annoying. Give me 10mins and I'll make it better.

*Edit* Oh, and the sounds. Thats not my thing. I'll figure out how to sort that at some point though.

Edited by Hatchet_AS

So besides the sounds. So far i noticed the minigun shoots only 1 round at a time and also with your mod loaded i can not equip any gun from the virtual arsenal. If I spawn with one in a mission like an mx i can use but i cant use any gun in my virtual arsenal with your mod loaded :/

Yep, probably the 'temp A2 weapons' and their configs. Will look at it tomorrow. Again though, the purpose of this 'test' is pretty straight forward here. ;)

When i delete the ship, I can still walk on top of it.

When i delete the ship, I can still walk on top of it.

Roger that, I did finally see that happening. Attempting to patch a few things up here, my apologies for pulling it. The weapon issue was just not cool. That should be resolved, along with some other things.

Thats ok bud, trying to raise the bar always has setbacks and can be highly frustrating

So there is good news. I decided to go back and revisit the 'proxy the roadway' topic, I have now sorted that. Which deals with the 'remaining' roadway issue with the attachTo solution, and deletion of things. Currently not sure why 'getIn/Out' stuff is behaving the way it is. But is not critical to testing things. All lies.. proxied model is still shifting on the water. All lies, proxied model still moves (looked good for a couple spawns..). So still need to sort the remaining component issue with deleting things. Although, I might let that slide for now.

Cleaned up the stand-in weapon config stuff, however I am currently still experiencing issues relating to losing access to my primary weapon with our own modset (rut roe..). I did/do not have this with the default game. However I make no claims in being any sort of config wizard. It's a rather annoying tasking for me in general. :rolleyes:

Hopefully figure that out soon, and I'll update/restore the linkage.

Edited by Hatchet_AS

If you want ashow and tell about how to set up the M134-Minigun on deck and make it look like the real thing,have a look at this video:

Fast forvard to 15:14 to see it in action.That`s how it should work!

If you want ashow and tell about how to set up the M134-Minigun on deck and make it look like the real thing,have a look at this video:

Fast forvard to 15:14 to see it in action.That`s how it should work!

Not really sure what you mean by that. I have completely new weapons outside the current ones for testing. Which have optics and such. Maybe you're speaking about what looks like extra IK stuff on the gunner? That I can do, no biggie.

What do you mean by losing access to your main weapon? After you exit? After you "exit" the weapons?

No it's a bit crazier than that. Simply, if I put a player on the map, with an empty boat, you can not take your weapon from back. You can use your pistol, but not your primary. Granted this is only when I test things with our modset. Which is generally speaking, pretty solid, and contains the popular stuff people like to use.

With just A3 and the boat.. I haven't really had any issues I can't account for honestly. Of the actual 'issues' I'm aware of anyway.

After tinkering some more, I can officially say I have no clue what is going on with weapons and modsets. Additionally, handling the attachedTo roadway, is not being straightforward and rather annoying. Although I have a better idea of what needs to happen right now.

Most likely outcome currently, is that I will put things back together this evening, and we'll continue on as-is (with all the warnings that come with 'as-is') until I can figure out what's going on. Don't really have the config/script support I need currently. Maybe having it out there broken, will help facilitate getting things patched up quicker. As nobody in my normal channels, really seem to have answers right now.

Again sincere apologies to those waiting helplessly in the wings. It'll come together before long, one way or the other. :ill:

Edited by Hatchet_AS

I'll put it back up today, I promise. Sounds are now being worked on, by a highly qualified individual. :cool:

Related to more 'roadway' things and much greater things: (when i say its annoying, it really is. haha)

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21992

Edited by Hatchet_AS

Your persistence is commendable!

Links are restored in this post.

Currently, half of the deletion scenarios are sorted, however the Curator related stuff is still in-progress regarding the roadway. Extended cargo stuff has not been put back in as of yet, Which the is cargo pose stuff, and the back deck stuff 'actual' cargo. Depending on how the next couple days go (hopefully it mostly works for people), I'll get that stuff back on and update the version/downloads.

Thanks for the patience guys. I very much appreciate you guys that are helping me sort things with this asset and others in the background right now. It's a battle, but we're winning. :thumbsup:

Just got done running her about Hatchet, I still believe that

• There should be more side to side Yaw movement when a player tries to turn the boat. So far the only yaw is based on the wave action. This is most notable when you're doing a high speed turn - you're completely flat when it does that in game. The BI speedboat is a pretty great example of ship movement (albeit yes, much lighter and smaller).
  • I think the slowSpeedCoef should be set at 20-30 kph (whatever percentage of your max speed is).
  • Commander's optics mode drastically needs some sort of stabilization and range finding capability.
  • When I tapped the bow of the boat to the edge of a pier the boat rolled over on to it's side like a dying dog... very quickly. Lol.

Man this thing is amazing. I'm speechless. It takes alot to impress me but bravo man. This boat is beyond killer, even in its current state. I love all the details you took the time to bring to us, from the ripples in the dash fabric to the animated pilot seating. Just truly amazing work! (But you already knew that)

As you know operational tests are limited in its current form, but she did very well even so.

- Cruising speeds seem great, and with the turbo boost she got up to 115km/h. Ran some mock boat interdiction OPS and the MK V performed outstanding in this role. It had the speed to catch up and overtake a tactical position on speed boats with ease. More importantly it performed just as well at night, which is a real biggie in special operations.

- I would second Spectre on the banking abilities, it doesn't go "flat", but could use some steering work. Not a big deal really, as she will still perform a 180 pretty quicky ;)

- It is almost impossible to turn at idle speeds. Now I'm fully aware that boats, especially this size are hard to turn at really slow speeds, but for games sake I would try to adjust this aspect if its possible. Again not a big deal as reverse works great, but getting into tight spots when needed, makes it almost impossible to make a "tactical" extraction.

- Interior is simply amazing. You've done a superb job on it, I mean it man bravo. Materials, texs, everything looks great. And more importantly you've placed everything in correct places judging by reference pics. Great job!

- Exterior looks great also, seems to be some specular issues with the "canopy" over the cargo seats. Just doesn't have the same tex look as the rest. But I know its still WIP. Exhaust simulation, pilot seating, gunner placement, everything is superb

- The cockpit panels are excellent, perfect job. I noticed no FPS issues while using them (although I have a higher end rig). Everything is in plan view, and well lit at night. Great

- I didn't notice any problems with my outside units, that were passengers. Everything still worked right, like my weapons. "Get Out" puts you on the rear cargo deck, everytime I did it. Now granted the unit slides down the ramp slowly, but we all know why ;) I was able to mount just fine from the water. Only thing I really noticed is that when you exit a position, and say, go from pilot to gunner, it will not let me move positions anymore. I'm either stuck on that gun or eject

- Damage seems to be in good shape, hard to test fully without operational capablilities, but I slammed her into a wall at 50km/h and drove away. Slammed the wall at 96km/h and it blew up :p haha. I shot the crap out of it, and even lit off two grenades on the ramp. Was still fully operational

- I like the weapons arrangements, you have two .50's up front, and supporting weapons towards the rear. I know your working on weapons, but a version with M240/Elcan would be nice(and realistic loadout)

- THE SOUNDS!!!!! You've done an amazing job with the sounds so far, I really like them and the fact you took some time to work on them, very nice feature

Can conduct full testing with the addition of CRRC deployment/recovery capabilities, and final weapons systems. Which from a SOCOM aspect, is all it really needs right now to be fully ready for deployment. If the roadway LOD cannot be solved, then as long as passengers can mount the CRRC from cargo, and then from CRRC back to cargo, this will be more than worthy of any operation.

MK V's are lethal, designed to transport SEALs anywhere, anytime to cause chaos. They are also special because they can deliver in very shallow waters. You've done a top notch job with this boat, I'm so very thankful for your hard work and commitment. Thanks so very much. Its the best single addon I've played with since OFP BAS SOAR birds ;)

Some cool pics I thought you might like, mainly testing lighting with your tex maps(which looks great BTW)

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz99/boostedhardtsi34/SOC_MKV_zpsf93329c1.jpg

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz99/boostedhardtsi34/arma32014-12-1019-56-19-39_zps9a9a024f.jpg

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz99/boostedhardtsi34/arma32014-12-1019-53-37-69_zpsf5923b65.jpg

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz99/boostedhardtsi34/arma32014-12-1019-57-12-81_zps1c0fb231.jpg

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz99/boostedhardtsi34/arma32014-12-1020-27-18-69_zps8a9f870f.jpg

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz99/boostedhardtsi34/arma32014-12-1020-08-10-74_zpsa4cabd46.jpg

Once again thank you and your team for this awesome addition. I've been waiting for your release a very long time :)

- It is almost impossible to turn at idle speeds. Now I'm fully aware that boats, especially this size are hard to turn at really slow speeds, but for games sake I would try to adjust this aspect if its possible. Again not a big deal as reverse works great, but getting into tight spots when needed, makes it almost impossible to make a "tactical" extraction.

It's from what I know pretty much impossible within A3 shipX.

Thanks for the feedback and encouraging words guys, I won't comment too much right now as I'd like to get some more feedback from others. Something I'll mention again though, is that I do have a system in testing that will allow for 'tow-in/out' turning. That is the major feature on vessels like this that allows for better low speed turning. That system as a whole needs some work though, and probably won't come until after official release the like the ScanEagle.

The other sort of limitation, is that the current Physx setup is 'AI safe'. The major issue with the banking/turning is that AI will unwittingly do full turns at full speed. This seems to be part of their movement plan at all times, which is kinda annoying. Very annoying when they drown themselves, or can't find a direction due to 'overturning'. However, there is an 'Advanced' Physx model, which is not safe for AI. Still the same real world performance curve, but with more accurate weight distribution. And with almost no dampening of the PhysX. It does not take a great deal of skill to sink the advanced model in high seas. We'll get to it soon enough. ;)

Oh, and the HitPoint stuff is fairly non-existent currently. You can die, the boat can die, but yep.. lacking in detail. Probably do that when I put the new weapons back on. Soonâ„¢

Edited by Hatchet_AS

Adding the Cargo Positions and IK related things back in today, be a little later this evening in my world before completed (very here and there kind of thing). Will try to add imagery to the folder in the process. Many thanks to Tupolov, he managed to sort the code for the Curator deletion issue. Still need to move it out elsewhere, but is functional for now and will be included.

Quick in-game shots of the Port side standoff positions:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=354566794

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=354574886

Edited by Hatchet_AS

Like how they hang on to the inside. Second Pic

Works great! all good now.

Edited by kklownboy