randomslap

[WIP] Lockheed Martin's F35B Lightning II STOVL

AWESOME! I just wished A3 engine could emulate off-boresight tracking capabilities of the AIM-9X (right now you can select targets off center, but the weapons only lock if inside a 10º cone in front of the plane =P

cheers!

;2833439']AWESOME! I just wished A3 engine could emulate off-boresight tracking capabilities of the AIM-9X (right now you can select targets off center' date=' but the weapons only lock if inside a 10º cone in front of the plane =P

cheers![/quote']

New textures will be shown soon. It's a simple USMC skin, but new rvmats so the reflections will look better. I also added a gun pod and it will be able to be selected through the service menu by John.

considering it's not even out yet, or even in a basic model for that matter, i'm guessing not at the moment, that's given.
What was said here. :lol: Then again, without a tailhook on the -B (unlike the -C) there's no catapult launching or recovery-via-wire, just (short) taking off and (conventional or vertical) landings as if on a shore/inland airstrip. Unless the USS Freedom mod is supposed to have simulated avionics-interfacing systems that its modders haven't publicly mentioned (beyond IFLOLS for anyone attempting a conventional landing) I'm not sure how the -B could be incompatible.

randomslap, re: the initial DAS screenshot -- while this is no fault of yours, unfortunately I had a flashback to attempting to land on the ol' Nimitz while the deck was filled with the squares of already-on-deck aircraft...

+1 Large Cargo Ship. I´m working on a german frigate model right now and if it well ever be seen in ArmA 3 it would be perfect to have a cargo ship besides the fuck that there are many (military vessel) naval mods in the works.
I'm throwing in my hat here too -- so far as I can tell, the main voiced-on-BI-forums motivation for desiring a "cargo ship" in A3 tends to be for boarding/search, basically akin to the Arma 2 LHD's "island platform at sea" role, and as demonstrated by my LHD port (albeit using practically 1:1 ported BIS A2 LHD models, though not so 1:1 in the config) this sort of simulated ship is perfectly doable. In that respect the models are key (for the ship not only looking but "feeling" right, i.e. no collision/geometry gaps, I confess that I didn't achieve that) and I trust that randomslap would come through wonderfully.

randomslap, re: the initial DAS screenshot -- while this is no fault of yours, unfortunately I had a flashback to attempting to land on the ol' Nimitz while the deck was filled with the squares of already-on-deck aircraft...

No problem there, the boxes show depending on the type of weapon u have selected, and since there'll be a "Master Arms - Safe" weapon (making this your landing config is a must!) then u'll have no boxes messing around.

I did the same thing for my Wipeout HUD MOD, the magic radar boxes only show up when u have a weapon selected. I suggested the same to john_spartan to include it in their hornets ;)

---------- Post added at 10:39 ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 ----------

;2833439']AWESOME! I just wished A3 engine could emulate off-boresight tracking capabilities of the AIM-9X (right now you can select targets off center' date=' but the weapons only lock if inside a 10º cone in front of the plane =P

cheers![/quote']

If I remember correctly Dezkit's Ivory F-15C could lock Sidewinders off boresight. Still I haven't found a way to have that :s

No problem there, the boxes show depending on the type of weapon u have selected, and since there'll be a "Master Arms - Safe" weapon (making this your landing config is a must!) then u'll have no boxes messing around.

I did the same thing for my Wipeout HUD MOD, the magic radar boxes only show up when u have a weapon selected. I suggested the same to john_spartan to include it in their hornets ;)

---------- Post added at 10:39 ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 ----------

If I remember correctly Dezkit's Ivory F-15C could lock Sidewinders off boresight. Still I haven't found a way to have that :s

Yes you are correct, the Master Arms - Safe will disable the boxes in your face.

Btw, here is the config line that will allow you to lock on off boresight:

missileLockCone = 180;

or

missileLockCone = 360;

Put this under an ammo class name.

Yes you are correct, the Master Arms - Safe will disable the boxes in your face.

Btw, here is the config line that will allow you to lock on off boresight:

missileLockCone = 180;

or

missileLockCone = 360;

Put this under an ammo class name.

Wow, I´ve been making missions and flying Dezkit´s F15C but didn´t noticed the off-boresight capability (thou I haven´t tried, I´ll look for it ASAP thou I´m still using v13.37 cus the latest had the turning ratio nerfed down to a half due to bad PhsyX configing =P)

[Edit] yeah, just tested and my version of the EAgle doesn´t have off-boresight for the AIM-9X (it´s the 27 june version, before steamworkshop migration) and I can´t find the latest version (Dezkit lost/erased his steamworkshop entries, now they´re gone from my files =P)

Does John&Spartan are aware of this? I want the Superhornet and Wasp to be off-boresight capabe sooo baaaddd (firewill and his Viper should have it too), please randomslap, spread the word!!!! =D

cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

;2833751']Wow' date=' I´ve been making missions and flying Dezkit´s F15C but didn´t noticed the off-boresight capability (thou I haven´t tried, I´ll look for it ASAP thou I´m still using v13.37 cus the latest had the turning ratio nerfed down to a half due to bad PhsyX configing =P)

[Edit'] yeah, just tested and my version of the EAgle doesn´t have off-boresight for the AIM-9X (it´s the 27 june version, before steamworkshop migration) and I can´t find the latest version (Dezkit lost/erased his steamworkshop entries, now they´re gone from my files =P)

Does John&Spartan are aware of this? I want the Superhornet and Wasp to be off-boresight capabe sooo baaaddd (firewill and his Viper should have it too), please randomslap, spread the word!!!! =D

cheers!

Funny thing is that John informed me of this. I don't know why the F18 doesn't have this. I will look into this and hopefully I will be able to figure it out and spread the word.

2014-12-06_00001_zpsc3df5c8e.jpg

2014-12-06_00003_zps5cd28a6b.jpg

2014-12-06_00004_zpseaaf15f2.jpg

Let me know what you guys think. I'm still trying to figure the textures out.

Very hard to judge based off the angles and the amount of specular shine

Ok thank you for your feedback. I will lower the specular settings and upload the new images.

---------- Post added at 23:23 ---------- Previous post was at 23:22 ----------

Btw, what do you think about the think purple-ish, brown-ish, tinted glass?

Doesnt look horrible, i know exactly what look your going for as i will try it on the blackhawk windshield. Try messing with the emmisive values a little more for that tint your shooting for. Its only visible at certain angles IRL, and should be possible to achieve your desired look. Hats off for thinking of small details like that btw :)

It might just be the angles but your F-35B looks a bit.....stretched..in photos it looks a bit stouter and the nose is a bit blunter than in your screenshots. But thats just my opinion.

Other than that it looks fabulous! Can't wait to start test flights in this beauty!

Re: "high angle off boresight" -- I think it's one of those things where it's not in the vanilla AAMs nor in the F/A-18's so much of the community wasn't that aware that the config capability is in the engine at all...

Re: "high angle off boresight" -- I think it's one of those things where it's not in the vanilla AAMs nor in the F/A-18's so much of the community wasn't that aware that the config capability is in the engine at all...

I've been looking at VBS3 config entries and I keep coming across offBoresightAngle = 90; in the CFGAMMO but sadly it doesn't work in ArmA 3(from my testing)

I've been looking at VBS3 config entries and I keep coming across offBoresightAngle = 90; in the CFGAMMO but sadly it doesn't work in ArmA 3(from my testing)
Perhaps it's a matter of certain parameter names being different in Arma 3...? And where are you finding VBS3 configs anyway?

It might just be the angles but your F-35B looks a bit.....stretched..in photos it looks a bit stouter and the nose is a bit blunter than in your screenshots. But thats just my opinion.

Other than that it looks fabulous! Can't wait to start test flights in this beauty!

I think its just the angles. I took some size comparison shots with Olli's F35C

2014-12-07_00002_zpsf16c7ce8.jpg

2014-12-07_00001_zpsa33970d8.jpg

---------- Post added at 17:40 ---------- Previous post was at 17:39 ----------

Perhaps it's a matter of certain parameter names being different in Arma 3...? And where are you finding VBS3 configs anyway?

https://manuals.bisimulations.com/vbs3/3-6/devref/Content/Config_Manual/CfgAmmo/amm_offBoresightAngle.htm

Size looks great to me. You've done an excellent job thus far

Thank you very much! Btw I can't wait for your MH60 DAPs. Probably my favorite out of every helicopter that exists and I'm a really big 160th SOAR fan. :D

Soooo here's a question for you guys. Olli recently released his F35C source files and stated that people can modify it and release it as long as they give him credit (by-nc-sa license). Well, I wanted to ask you guys if I should use his cockpit content for the F35B. This will give me a shortcut and a faster release date. Or do you guys want to see a different cockpit that may or may not look better.

Id rather see something different but if its easier well as an addon maker id have to agree on that aspect

Soooo here's a question for you guys. Olli recently released his F35C source files and stated that people can modify it and release it as long as they give him credit (by-nc-sa license). Well, I wanted to ask you guys if I should use his cockpit content for the F35B. This will give me a shortcut and a faster release date. Or do you guys want to see a different cockpit that may or may not look better.

If you can cut your workload down then i don't see why not. I mean his cockpit high quality beyond measure. if you could even build upon his cockpit with the MFD screens and such that would be even more awesome. I say go for it!