champ-1

CH View Distance Script

Your mod comes in very handy, thx man. Could you add another tick box for helicopter flight? In other words, differentiate between helicopters and airplanes? When flying a helicopter the viewdistance actually does not need to be as far as when flying a jet at high speeds and altidudes. I would be awsome if settings would adjust on the fly accodringly.

Thanks for the addon it's very nicely done !

Unfortunately since the 1.44 update this is now causing script errors.

Thanks for the addon it's very nicely done !

Unfortunately since the 1.44 update this is now causing script errors.

We use the script version without problems.

CH View Distance Script v1.07

Download

CHVD.jpg

Changelog:

v1.07

- fixed: error showing up after 1.44 update

Download

We use the script version without problems.

Thanks for the update ! ... much appreciated.

does it possible to make lower limit for view distance, and object view distance in your script?

Edited by nammidd

does it possible to make lower limit for view distance, and object view distance in your script?
No, why would you want that?

No, why would you want that?

Because SetObjectViewDistance doesn't work correctly, at least as setViewDistance, my mission fully or properly will not work of those who have a small or even normal view distance of objects in my mission.

I'm sorry for baddest English.

Edited by nammidd

Because SetObjectViewDistance doesn't work correctly, at least as setViewDistance, my mission fully or properly will not work of those who have a small or even normal view distance of objects in my mission.

I'm sorry for baddest English.

I'm pretty sure it works fine now.

Hello everybody, I'm sorry for ignorance, but, how do I access the panel to change the viwer? i put the #include "CHVD\dialog.hpp" and #include "CHVD\CfgFunctions.hpp" in the description.ext, but i can't accecs the config view in the scroll.

Not tested:

(findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["keyDown",{
_ctrl = _this select 0;
_dikCode = _this select 1;
_shift = _this select 2;
_ctrlKey = _this select 3;
_alt = _this select 4;
_yourKey = 0x28; //https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/DIK_KeyCodes

if (_dikCode == _yourKey) then {
[] call CHVD_fnc_openDialog;
true
};
}];

Thanks

Could this be removed from the player menu and added to an object, instead?  Looking at the script and just dont have the knowledge required to disconnect and reconnect to an object via an addaction..

Well, this is what I came up with...

Comment this out of fn_init.sqf

//	player addAction [_actionText, CHVD_fnc_openDialog, [], -99, false, true];
//	player addEventHandler ["Respawn", format ["player addAction ['%1', CHVD_fnc_openDialog, [], -99, false, true]", _actionText]];

Add this to an object

nul = this addAction ["CH View Distance settings", CHVD_fnc_openDialog, [], -99, false, true];

Not sure if it is correct or without issue but it works.... so far.

• Like 1

CH View Distance v1.10

IIeIiC3.jpg

Note:

This update changed a lot of internal code and I made it pretty fast so it could have some bugs.

It has pretty nice features I've been wanting myself. FOV based dynamic object view distance is one of them and I think it should be in game by default. But, nevertheless, here it is.

Formula I use to calculate object view distance based on FOV is still pretty rough. I think it might not work as well if you changed your default FOV in game files. So I would be glad to hear your suggestions. :)

Also I added German translation from Ian Bones. I don't know the quality of that translation and couple new words I added are not translated, so please leave the feedback.

Changelog:

v1.10

- added: new dynamic synchronization of object view distance, including the method based on current FOV

- added: beta version of the German translation (please leave feedback. I'm neither know German, nor can test it in game)

- changed: UI reworked to fit new dynamic options

Download

or

Subscribe on Steam Workshop

Checking it out now.

What are some of the advantages over TAW's?

I think with TAW you can only change the View distance in general. With this script yo can change it for "On Foot", "In Car" and "In Air"!

Is there an update for this? in version 1.13 the    Ctrl + \ not working       tried Ctrl + / & that gives "copy to clipboard"

And yes running CBA

This script need min distance. Because some objects are visible beyond the maximum range radius , for example put 10 m, put the box behind the wall, the wall disappears and the box is not