bad benson

Enhanced Movement

Oh thats awesome :) Separate addons makes sense to me. Okay-will report back when I've tried it out.

50 minutes ago, bad benson said:

i also want to add a super simple silent take down from behind but i'm thinking that fits more into the climbing part. not sure tbh.

UHHHHHHH me like the idea. If properly implemented, and if you're doing it, then it will be, this will take Arma to a whole new level! 

One question, since you're currently updating the Addon: Do you have any plans to remove the initialization indicators upon loading a savegame? I mean the ones that pop up on the lower left part of the screen, telling the user that let's say "babe_core is allready initialised, cancelling init" Sadly I can't run Arma right now to look if I got the words right, I hope you know what I meant. I am just asking because it is a bit immersion breaking but no dealbreaker 

looking forward to the update and thank you for your hard work on this baby :D

@flv*venom*oh yea for sure. has been requested before but i just forgot about it. my bad. it's just that i never play SP really so it got lost.

• Like 1

Great news on many fronts. This is one of the mods I've watched for an update and it appears you've delivered in spades! V glad you took advantage of dedmans optimizations.

As with venom, like the idea of a silent takedown.

Looking forward to trying out the new version. Thanks for all your hard work!

I'm unsure whether this is intentional or not but I'm pretty sure you could vault over a wall while still holding the forward key in the previous version.  Was this overlooked or is it a new feature?

I haven't installed the new version yet, but you definitely could (though not while sprinting).

Looking forward to trying it the new version :)

"long story short. the effect wasn't a crowd favourite."

That gave me a good lol.

Hey BB, I really missed the NVG and laser effects (so I can have a visible red pointer without ACE), so I hope you can bring them back on an optional addon...

Luckly I had 3 user defined action slots free, but I sense people using TFAR and other mods which rely on those control slots will bitch about the new keysettings for EM... couldn´t you use CBA custom configurable controls/custom addons config template? Mouse buttons and other esquisite commands are supported AFAIK

Code optimization is a must, but besides that, I´ve reverted to good ol´EM which was working alright for me and my SP needs lol (thou bringing back NVG/visible lasers is enough to embrace the new EM ;)

Cheers!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Savage_Donkey said:

I'm unsure whether this is intentional or not but I'm pretty sure you could vault over a wall while still holding the forward key in the previous version.  Was this overlooked or is it a new feature?

Just tested with the RC6 - and I *can* still vault while moving (not sprinting) forward.  I bind my custom control to numpad / (which is actually bound to a key on my G13 in a convenient place).

3 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

"long story short. the effect wasn't a crowd favourite."

Any chance then that you could simply disable it by default?

That way, those who are really interested in it can re-activate it?

• Like 1

thx hmarcbower for testing and letting me know that it works.

and for the running sprinting part or whatever. yea i don't see why it wouldn't work anymore. would make no sense at all.

PROPER RELEASE POST

DOWNLOAD

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Y0VNgK9JXib19yT25iZkR0clE/view?usp=sharing

big thx to dedmen for not only letting me know about optimisation tips but actually finding the places to apply them inside the files for me. that made it really easy for me to find the motivation to update some reeeaaaallly old parts of the code and learn some new stuff. you're the man!

- optimised EH system (thx to dedmen for tips, file AND line pointers of where to apply them)

- removed laser and NVG (these things may or may not come back as seperate addons)

- revamped mod menu (visually mostly the same but optimised and cleaned up under the hood to allow more detailed settings)

- new key binding system to make things more future proof and allow things like using mouse keys or any other features vanilla key binding allows

- fixed: can't get in or out of locked vehicles anymore using my vehicle menu

- added: option to switch between fast and detailed vehicle get in (fast get in made a come back...aka battlefield-like priority based one key system)

- mod logo in the main menu is back....got lost on the journey

- reinit debug messages in SP loading removed

KEY BINDING DEMONSTRATION

• Like 6

Thanks for the new release, will it be going onto the workshop at anypoint? Current page for it is hidden/ removed. I'm happy to DL without but I know some will want to use workshop.

Just now, flax_ said:

Thanks for the new release, will it be going onto the workshop at anypoint? Current page for it is hidden/ removed. I'm happy to run without but I know some will want to use workshop.

i jsut put it up there. maybe that is why it's hidden? until it's updated? i sure hope so lol

• Like 1

@your problems make my dick soft @bb, many thanks for the new version, the must have mod of Arma just got a whole lot better.

• Like 2

@flax_ should be fine now. steam was making me accept some new agreements. i missed it because i had the page already open. needed a refresh. sorry about that.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hmarcbower said:

Just tested with the RC6 - and I *can* still vault while moving (not sprinting) forward.  I bind my custom control to numpad / (which is actually bound to a key on my G13 in a convenient place).

My movement key is w, which isn't walk, but rather tactical jog.  That might be what throws it off.

Sorry, I wasn't being specific enough (I so rarely "walk" that I forgot there were three speeds :) ).  My W is bound to the jog speed as well.  In order to walk, I have to press W and S together to toggle walking/jogging.  If I want to sprint, I hold L-SHIFT.  Jumping and Vaulting does still work for me when jogging and walking, but not sprinting (which is a status quo from previous versions).  

What key do you have configured for EM?

5 hours ago, hmarcbower said:

Sorry, I wasn't being specific enough (I so rarely "walk" that I forgot there were three speeds :) ).  My W is bound to the jog speed as well.  In order to walk, I have to press W and S together to toggle walking/jogging.  If I want to sprint, I hold L-SHIFT.  Jumping and Vaulting does still work for me when jogging and walking, but not sprinting (which is a status quo from previous versions).  

What key do you have configured for EM?

I use the T key.

EDIT: Nvm.  I found out that my sprinting (Shift+T) was interfering with tactical ping (also Shift+T).

Edited by Savage_Donkey

works just fine for me when sprinting jogging or whatever. all it does now is check if the configed user action is action. not even using a key EH. so maybe you have T bound to something else too and vanilal is doing its thing, i noticed some limits there with mouse buttons that are in use elsewhere.

info for mirror providers

EDIT: also there was some issue with Exile as with every update i make. like last time, making the init and menu code faster and more clean is what causes problems. so back to old hacky ways. the code however will know when Exile is running so all non Exile users will still have the new code running.

just letting the mirror people know that Steam is now slightly ahead from the link i posted. so either go there to get the files or send me a PM and i'll send you a google drive link. don't want to spam more links here.

Bug: If user attempts to mantle up onto a surface AND the mantling animation goes through the "stowing the weapon" animation before climbing, the base speed of the user is permanently lowered.  This animation trigger is stamina independent (can trigger at high or low stamina).

Workaround: None that can be done in the middle of an operation.  The only way I've been able to fix this is by respawning or relogging. 

Effects: It is a noticeably slower speed and even sprinting is at a reduced speed compared to other players sprinting.  This is especially punishing for heavy loadouts as they have limited sprinting abilities due to heavy loads/reduced stamina. 

Steps to reproduce:

1. Spawn in and walk to a climbable object facing it directly.
  2. Sand in the middle of of the object with a weapon in hand (seems to affect all weapon types but not if you are unarmed).
  3. Use enhanced movement to mantle onto object. 
  4. Within a few attempts the "stowing the weapon" animation should be triggered and your movement speed will be reduced.

Note: Objects that cause you to "float" when you climb on them seem more likely to trigger the animation but it seems that something in the animation is what causes it. EX: You can climb on a hesco barrier just fine 4 or 5 times and then one time will trigger that animation and then the speed will be impacted.

Since my NUMPAD / is mapped for the EM button, and I do have another function mapped to SHIFT + NUM/, I'll assume that's why I can't activate EM while sprinting (as it's getting captured by the other function - which doesn't actually work while sprinting anyway, as it turns out).  Fun with the millions of keys that ARMA can use. :)

Not reporting it as a problem/bug, just saying I figured out why it won't work for me while sprinting, when it does for you @bad benson

slow down still happens after the update?

i thought i put a reset in an animation EH so it'll be reset after every animation no matter what. i'll go double check.

defo doesn't have to do with object type though. that's more of a placebo on your side i think since the code does neither care nor know if geometry is walkable. if that ws the case i'd be able to block those shitty ones. only time i ever could reproduce the animation bug was with pistols. still haven't figured out why it behaves different there. animation transitions should be there.

i'll look into it for sure though. comes up more and more for some reason.