dreadpirate

Jebus - Just Editor Based Unit Spawning

@ dreadpirate I have a few questions I have been using this script since arma2

Editor based AI script by trigger by Murklor.  Your script seems to have a lot more functionality. I typically use editor waypoints upmons and ups to program unit  movement patterns. If I use GAIA function in your script does it give multiple waypoints to the units and react to the current battlefield like when using it with MCC.  Or does it only give a one movement waypoint to the marker.  Upmons and UPS gives multiple waypoints during the mission.

attempted to use   0 = [this,  "INIT=", "[_proxyThis, 'upswater1] execVM 'UPS.sqf'"] execVM "Jebus.sqf";

the boat will not move to upswater1. I put the code in the leader init and have the boat trigger. The boat spawns in but only sits a the spawn in site not movement towards the zone. help.

38 minutes ago, Mr. Birdman said:

attempted to use   0 = [this,  "INIT=", "[_proxyThis, 'upswater1] execVM 'UPS.sqf'"] execVM "Jebus.sqf";

the boat will not move to upswater1. I put the code in the leader init and have the boat trigger. The boat spawns in but only sits a the spawn in site not movement towards the zone. help.

You are missing a single quote after upswater1

@ dreadpirate still can't get it to run using UPS

0 = [this,  "INIT=", "[_proxyThis, 'upswater1'] execVM 'UPS.sqf'"] execVM "Jebus.sqf";

I went back to your example mission but there is no use of UPS script in the demo mission only editor waypoints and use of GAIA.

I really want to switch over from Editor based AI script by trigger by Murkl to your script but I use a lot of UPMONS and UPS for AI movements in the AO's. can you test with UPS and let me know if it is still working or I am doing something wrong. Thanks AVIBIRD

@ dreadpirate typo somewhere in the script ?  I just deleted your whole script and started over.  it works fine now with UPS. :don11:

Caching all but the leader would be amazing as it would still allow random patrol scripts and functions to execute.

@ dreadpirate Working great with UPS  however can't get UPMONS to work now. Do you see any errors and does your script work with UPMONS ?

0 = [this,"DELAY=",300,"LIVES=",3,"INIT=","[_proxyThis,'UPSwater1'] execVM 'scripts\upsmon.sqf'"] execVM "Jebus.sqf";

54 minutes ago, Mr. Birdman said:

@ dreadpirate Working great with UPS  however can't get UPMONS to work now. Do you see any errors and does your script work with UPMONS ?

0 = [this,"DELAY=",300,"LIVES=",3,"INIT=","[_proxyThis,'UPSwater1'] execVM 'scripts\upsmon.sqf'"] execVM "Jebus.sqf";

Remember that for UPSMON, you have to add some lines to your init.sqf

//Init UPSMON script
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf";

I got it working on land, but I assume from your marker name you're using it on water?

When I used it with a boat, it spawned but just sat there.

When I used debug it said "MON_disembark started".

11 hours ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

Caching all but the leader would be amazing as it would still allow random patrol scripts and functions to execute.

Yeah, I'll work on this for the next version.

• Like 2

@ dreadpirate That is the same issue I was running into however time to move on until you fix this issue with UPMON script.  I just will use UPS for may boat patrols around my AO's.

I came across a new issue with your trigger spawn section of the script. If I attempted to spawn in a large group of armor vehicles they all spawn on top of each other causing damage to some of the vehicles. Have you noticed this. spawn them in using ups waypoints 3-5 vehicles. Avibird1

A quick update:

I have "reduce to leader" working for infantry only groups, just need to work on vehicles.

At present, it just hides and disables simulation on units, rather than completely despawning them. Not sure if that's the best way or not.

When they are activated, the other group members just teleport to the leader, which complicates things for vehicles.

I've made it so vehicles in groups respawn in their editor positions to avoid collisions (um, reduce collisions, it's still Arma).

However, that conflicts with "RESPAWNMARKERS=", so I'm still looking for a solution I'm happy with.

• Like 1

I've decided to release 1.38 "as is" for people to try out.

v1.38 (2017/2/26)

• Vehicles will respawn in editor positions
  • "REDUCE=" added. Reduces a group to just the leader until players are within range (infantry only)

Download

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dreadpirate said:

I've decided to release 1.38 "as is" for people to try out.

v1.38 (2017/2/26)

• Vehicles will respawn in editor positions
  • "REDUCE=" added. Reduces a group to just the leader until players are within range (infantry only)

Download

Super keen!!

Had a mission with 24 human players last night in our unit and it utilised your JEBUS script and the guys had a total blast so thanks.  Makes missions so much more interesting.

If you're ever keen to join in gimmie a shout.

Hi, its me again.

Im spawning a plane via a trigger with your script. That works so far.

But then i have been trying to synchronize it to a trigger location module in order to make the trigger be "on top" of it all the time. I also want to give it a name so that i can have a trigger that checks if the plane is alive or not.

But the module does not get synched and i get weird error messages saying that ; is missing.

I also have no idea how to give it a variable name, as the editor one gets deleted when it respawns.

0 = [this, "LIVES=", [1,1], "FLYING", "INIT=", "T = [vehicle _proxyThis] synchronizeObjectsAdd [task4loc]"] execVM "scripts\Jebus.sqf";

Why not just use attachto to attach the trigger to the plane ?

Or have the respawned plane given a variable name as part of code executed when jebus script runs?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

Super keen!!

Had a mission with 24 human players last night in our unit and it utilised your JEBUS script and the guys had a total blast so thanks.  Makes missions so much more interesting.

If you're ever keen to join in gimmie a shout.

I'm not really an ACE guy, I'm sure I'd just slow you down while learning the ropes. Let me know if the new version helps with performance.

Do you need reducing that works with vehicles? Because that was giving me a real headache, collisions and what not, which is why I released it as it was.....

2 hours ago, WurschtBanane said:

Hi, its me again.

Im spawning a plane via a trigger with your script. That works so far.

But then i have been trying to synchronize it to a trigger location module in order to make the trigger be "on top" of it all the time. I also want to give it a name so that i can have a trigger that checks if the plane is alive or not.

But the module does not get synched and i get weird error messages saying that ; is missing.

I also have no idea how to give it a variable name, as the editor one gets deleted when it respawns.

0 = [this, "LIVES=", [1,1], "FLYING", "INIT=", "T = [vehicle _proxyThis] synchronizeObjectsAdd [task4loc]"] execVM "scripts\Jebus.sqf";

If your plane only has one life, why do you even need JEBUS?

You can hide and disable simulation on the plane in the editor. Look under Objects: Special States.

Then you can activate it via trigger. Just put:

b1 enableSimulationGlobal true; b1 hideObject false;

in the "On Activation" field.

That way, you can set up everything in the editor without even needing JEBUS.

• Like 1

Our missions dont usually feature large numbers of vehicles so Im not too fussed about it being infantry only at this point. Will definitely report back and let you know how it goes.

As for ace we only use it for basic medical really. I cant stand that advanced require-a-phd level stuff.

• Like 1

Hi Dread.  Thanks for the update. I really like the way you have the vehicles spawn now. Only thing I saw was that in your demo mission upsmon takes awhile to start its patrol. Like a few minutes. Is this how its suppose to be?

13 minutes ago, ayoung said:

Hi Dread.  Thanks for the update. I really like the way you have the vehicles spawn now. Only thing I saw was that in your demo mission upsmon takes awhile to start its patrol. Like a few minutes. Is this how its suppose to be?

GAIA can take 20 - 30 seconds to kick in, but UPSMON seemed to start straight away for me.....

Not sure what could be causing that, the script is called within seconds of the units spawning in.....

21 hours ago, dreadpirate said:

If your plane only has one life, why do you even need JEBUS?

You can hide and disable simulation on the plane in the editor. Look under Objects: Special States.

Then you can activate it via trigger. Just put:

b1 enableSimulationGlobal true; b1 hideObject false;

in the "On Activation" field.

That way, you can set up everything in the editor without even needing JEBUS.

I was just thinking that JEBUS might be more performance-friendly. But i guess sometimes its better to choose the easy way.

• Like 1

I want to respawn a group exclusively in a position not where they are placed in the editor.

This is because I want the re-spawned group to travel to the location as though they are actually reinforcements, not just magically appear on the spot.

From the description of the config I see "RESPAWNMARKERS=" allows you to pick an array of markers, but it sounds like every marker placed will share an equal chance along with the editor placed position. 

Is this correct? Is there any way to exclusively respawn at a marker location?

1 hour ago, owmyeye said:

I want to respawn a group exclusively in a position not where they are placed in the editor.

This is because I want the re-spawned group to travel to the location as though they are actually reinforcements, not just magically appear on the spot.

From the description of the config I see "RESPAWNMARKERS=" allows you to pick an array of markers, but it sounds like every marker placed will share an equal chance along with the editor placed position. 

Is this correct? Is there any way to exclusively respawn at a marker location?

You could place the group in the editor where you want the reinforcements to come from and send them to their patrol location with waypoints or a patrol script (GAIA, UPS, UPSMON, etc.).

You could sync the group to a trigger if you only want the reinforcements to come when a certain condition is met (EAST NOT PRESENT for example.....).

1 hour ago, dreadpirate said:

You could place the group in the editor where you want the reinforcements to come from and send them to their patrol location with waypoints or a patrol script (GAIA, UPS, UPSMON, etc.).

You could sync the group to a trigger if you only want the reinforcements to come when a certain condition is met (EAST NOT PRESENT for example.....).

Thanks for the reply. Yeah that was my back up plan, to start units in their reinforcement location. Means the mission will need time to "bake" before it's ready, but that's ok I guess. 

I've noticed that groups are present when the game starts, but quickly de-spawn and re-spawn back in place. In the process of this, I know they keep waypoints and etc, but do they keep the attributes set such as Skill?

I started having a play test of the scenario I've spent heaps of time making, but I keep getting cut to ribbons from long range fire. It's return of the aimbot, the same age old ARMA 3 issue. However I'm running Bcombat and normally with the unit Skill level set to the lowest level it makes the game playable. 

Is this Skill setting wiped by Jebus? 

Also another thing to do with despawning units on start. I don't know if it has anything to do with using RHS, but when I have a number of units start in a vehicle, when they all respawn half of them get killed mid way through the process. It's like they spawn under the vehicle or something. I've seen it happen for GAZ cars and for T-90 tanks. 

7 hours ago, owmyeye said:

I've noticed that groups are present when the game starts, but quickly de-spawn and re-spawn back in place. In the process of this, I know they keep waypoints and etc, but do they keep the attributes set such as Skill?

I started having a play test of the scenario I've spent heaps of time making, but I keep getting cut to ribbons from long range fire. It's return of the aimbot, the same age old ARMA 3 issue. However I'm running Bcombat and normally with the unit Skill level set to the lowest level it makes the game playable. 

Is this Skill setting wiped by Jebus? 

Also another thing to do with despawning units on start. I don't know if it has anything to do with using RHS, but when I have a number of units start in a vehicle, when they all respawn half of them get killed mid way through the process. It's like they spawn under the vehicle or something. I've seen it happen for GAZ cars and for T-90 tanks. 

You're right, JEBUS doesn't save skill levels. You can set them via "INIT=" for now, but I'll include this in the next version. 

Hmmm, I thought I had solved the problem of units being crushed by their vehicle at spawn. It is supposed to freeze the vehicle until all the crew and passengers are inside. You can look for the line in the script where it says waitUntil (sorry, I'm not at my A3 computer right now, so I can't give the exact code) and add a sleep 2 after it.

I'll have a look at these issues when I get a chance, hopefully tonight. 

• Like 1

Great script Im loving it. Only thing I want to bring up is that the PAUSE feature isnt working properly  for me, I may be typing the code wrong, but I dont want units to respawn if enemies are within 150m, and when I type "0 = [This, "PAUSE=", 150,"] it does nothing, they still spawn. And I dont want to use the UPS script as shown in the examples so i cant use that example 

v1.39 (2017/3/10) 

• Skill levels are saved
  • Various tweaks and fixes

Download

I think I've resolved the "units being crushed by their own vehicle" issue, but test it out and let me know.

2 hours ago, MitchyG117 said:

Great script Im loving it. Only thing I want to bring up is that the PAUSE feature isnt working properly  for me, I may be typing the code wrong, but I dont want units to respawn if enemies are within 150m, and when I type "0 = [This, "PAUSE=", 150,"] it does nothing, they still spawn. And I dont want to use the UPS script as shown in the examples so i cant use that example 

I tested out PAUSE while updating the script and it's working on my end.

0 = [this, "PAUSE=", 150] execVM "Jebus.sqf";