shizzle666

How to Fix no entry errors

I get quite a few no entry errors when arma first loads and during loading sp missions is there a mod to find where the errors come from or how do i fix them manually.

I'm currently using the dev Branch and I don't get any error messages. I would assume you are using a mod which is causing those errors. However, if that's not the case, I would suggest to verify your game data via Steam.

Kind Regards

R3vo

Edit: Another thing that came to my mind is: It's possible what you were loading a mission, which is already using the DLC helicopters.

This error would occure if you are on stable were those helicopters are not available yet.

This is just a guess.

Edited by R3vo

You could do it the hard way be extracting all PBO files and let Notepad++ search through every single file for the respective entry, if the entry name is unique enough. Another thing than R3vo already mentioned would not come to my mind.

Regards,

Johnny

Edited by Heeeere's Johnny!

Thanks for the help the errors i get are as follows.

No entry bin\config.bin/cfgweapons/throw/handgrenade_stone.sounds'.

Also

No entry bin\config.bin/cfgweapons/nvgoggles_opfor.sounds'.

I have lots of mods installed so don't fancy extracting all pbo files any idea how or what could be causing the errors.

Thanks for the help the errors i get are as follows.

No entry bin\config.bin/cfgweapons/throw/handgrenade_stone.sounds'.

Also

No entry bin\config.bin/cfgweapons/nvgoggles_opfor.sounds'.

I have lots of mods installed so don't fancy extracting all pbo files any idea how or what could be causing the errors.

It has both to do with sounds, maybe a soundmod? Are you still using Speed of sound? Just a guess..

It has both to do with sounds, maybe a soundmod? Are you still using Speed of sound? Just a guess..

Not installed that one looks like i'll i have to check them all thnaks for the suggestions anyway :-)

Did you find which mod caused the  "No entry bin\config.bin/cfgweapons/throw/handgrenade_stone.sounds'."  error?

Use the Split Half technique. It may sound obvious once explained, but it's amazing how often it's not used :)

Take HALF your mods and disable them, test. If the error is still there, take away half of what you still have enabled & test again.

If the error is NOT there, disable ALL those mods and enable HALF of the other mods. Test, repeat the above behavior.

Continue this until you've narrowed it right down and can uncompress one, or at least very few addons.

• Like 1