Sign in to follow this  

This looks fantastic! Thank you for making this! :)

Just checked ship out in-game and it's AMAZING! Thank you so much for making this! :D

One small thing: according to Wikipedia (and my friend who is Silent Hunter fan ;) ) Iowa-class battleship can go as fast as 60 km/h but it's difficult to reach at least 40 km/h in-game. Is it intentional? :)

Edited by Semiconductor

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@338.png

@ AusSnipe73;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

just downloaded and the textures on 1 main turret and cannons are missing, and the other 2 main cannons have the actual cannon texture mission, they are just black

Thanks for sending us the fixed release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Awesome! Can't wait to stage an amphibious assault on Bornholm against the Russians with the help of Nimitz and Iowa.

Is there way that I can download only patch, not full mod again?

Amazing work... can't wait to try fixes when I'm home from work..

Thanks again!

Great work, more naval assets are welcome.

Tried making a ship convoy, works even worse than with land vehicles :p

Iowa somersaulted onto the deck of the Nimitz

HpOdd7S.jpg[/img]

My only issue with the Iowa so far, is either the CRAM's are firing to fast or my PC sucks more than I thought. Whenever the CRAMS fire (only them!) I lag to hell, but when they stop and the big guns (I love those!) I play fine. Also - What is the damage ratio? I had a Iowa Vs. Iowa and it lasted for like... 30minutes? And neither died.

Unhappy battleship being drydocked on the taxiway(testing-physX)?http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/536252747906724481/BDCA9F21A795AFD302A57B4E01535D036C5AEEE7/

Had this issue when attempting to do a column formation convoy resulting in this..http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/536252747905485072/2AAE8073CB282D08950FF8C04DA17F88B7C5946E/ The cool part abou the last is it actually did sink.:D

Eh, is it just me or is this mod quite messed up? There are no interiors for any of the crew positions and the model seems too small in relation to the player. Exiting a crew position is pretty much always downright suicidal as you often end up inside the model or completely outside the ship and the collision mesh seems a bit wacky at places. There are texture errors, config errors, script errors, the works.

I love the idea for sure and the model itself looks fantastic but it would appear it was released in a rather unfinished state. :(

Edited by JimiEZ

Jimi, it is impossible to walk on the ship because of the game engine, so there won't be any interior spaces beyond the bridge, I'd expect.

Needs a cake and a cook :p

I wonder if anyone even knows this reference

Are we going to see a Artillery Computer added to the guns?

Edited by Pgraham

Casey Ryback?

Gotta have the CH-46 I believe to fly them in on the stern of the ship right?

I don't think it has a damage state atm.

You can definitely sink the ship but it might take a while and there is no visual damage state.

the model seems too small in relation to the player. Exiting a crew position is pretty much always downright suicidal

The model is built 100% to scale all I can really say is that she was built with very fine tolerances. I have worked very hard to get the movement for characters walking around the ship (When it is stationary) working as smoothly as it can but there are clipping and sticking issues that I can't solve without changing the way the ship looks. As for the entry/exit problems I'll try and fix that today.

Are we going to see a Artillery Computer added to the guns?

Its already there, ask crew member 16 - he is the one that calls in fire support. For technical reasons all the default gunner positions can't have an artillery computer