egilsandfeld

Bornholm, Denmark [Terrain]

3u5Cvkgl.jpg

Bornholm
by
Egil Sandfeld

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkNICjAGE9E

Addon.png
This terrain is part of the MANW contest and has made it to the finals. Please support me here: http://makearmanotwar.com/entry/cSqVZaQRgQ#.VEFqqPl_tkE

Description:
Bornholm for Arma 3 is a vast terrain in a North-European setting, filling the need for new and exciting areas of operation in Arma. With its various changes in elevation and vegetation you will find yourself fight wars in a variated and fascinating battlezone.

License
APL-SA.png
This work is licensed under a Arma Public License Share Alike

Features:
Area about 280km^2
Heightmap resolution in terrain 5.5 metres
Island Measures a span of 20km x 14km
Terrain 22 x 22km
Height is between -30 to 182m with a lot of elevation changes
About 1.75 million objects scattered nicely across the entire island.
800+ compounds/farms
31 cities, villages and towns
Large forests, large open fields, narrow cities, lots of hills, crests and valleys
Ohh, and a couple of easter eggs
Image Map Download: http://i.imgur.com/MI4MJh7l.jpg

Installation:
I recommend you to use modfolders.
Check Armaholic's FAQ for a clear explanation: http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq&q=18

Extract the content of the Bornholm-x.x.zip file in your Arma 3 game root folder
Enable the mod
Go get lost on the giant island :)

Included files:
Bornholm.pbo
BornholmLayers.pbo
BornholmObjects.pbo
Bikey and serverkey

Media:
0ZxNp8El.png
4BsSQjzl.png
2MhHWAdl.png
WbYeg26l.png

Change log:
Version 1.4 - MANW Edition
Optimized terrain by removing 39,000 trees making it less taxing on your CPU
Added a few hidden mine shafts near Hasle
Fixed jump bug near Oestermarie Airfield
Changed satellite colors to give it a more fresh and lush appearance
Changed grass textures to match grass objects better

Version 1.3
Optimized island (removed another 5000 trees, and made openings in forests)
Lowered height of clutter in wild grass areas. Now it should be just possible to lie in the grass and aim.
Added 8-10 new hills in the North and 3 new hills in the South East for game play optimization
Corrected roads to align to satellite texture
Brightened satellite texture so it looks more summer and more realistic
Removed bunch of buildings in Almegaard Kaserne to make room for custom FOBs inside the walls
Smoothened the Northern part. It's still rocky and a rough terrain but roads should be more smooth now
Made wheat fields occluding to AI. They can still shoot at you and track you mostly by last visible position along will your sound emissions
Fixed other building positions etc.

Version 1.2
Optimized the center forest (removed approx 30000 trees, making small openings in forest)
Changed MaxSpeedCoef for terrain types of forest and grass underlay. This means civilian cars can now run off roads
Realigned a few buildings
Stars in the night shine brighter
Moon shine brighter
Swapped audio clips of birds in forests and meadows

Version 1.1
Fixed 60.000 errors in RPT logs
Correct textures on models so it's all now packed into Objects.pbo
Added sandbagwalls to Raghammer area
Realigned city sign in Allinge
Realigned Ghost Hotel in Roenne
Fixed various terrain and object placements errors

Version 1.0
First release

Known Issues:
No lights on TV Tower near Nexoe

Credits & Thanks:
Fabiano Gonzalez for lightning from Chernarus
Opteryx, Bad Benson, Minimalaco & Robster for OPX and PRAA plants
Mikebart for dandelions
Summplants guys for the lush variants of A2 vegetation
Bushlurker for vital help
M!lkman for vital help
Mikero for fantastic tools and vital help
SmokeDogRich for a great sparring and vital help
GeoDataStyrelsen for height data
_oMMe_ for normal map help
DeanosBeano for ground texture trick
Danish Armed Forces and iRacingDanmark.dk groups for extensive testing
All the guys in the Arma Map Making Skype channel. Could not have done it without your help in the last 12 months working in my baby

Required addons:
Bornholm would need a map to avoid getting lost. That's it! The terrain is completely independent of other mods.

Download:

Terrain:
- Armaholic

Source Files:
For developers and terrain makers: The source files for the terrain, the textures, the models and the config files. Everything you need to continue developing this terrain. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to commit and continue my self, so here's the chance for you guys to keep working on it if you like.
Two things to note! 1) Always keep it under the Arma Share alike license. 2) Please don't dilute the terrain by making several different variations. Instead try to help each other so there's almost only one version out there. End players don't want to have a evening ruined by having downloaded different versions, so please respect this.
Bornholm for Arma 3 Arma Source Files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6ve1o8CW3t7Z1pWbklDQlVrZVk/view?usp=sharing

Support me in my work
Like Bornholm? Please donate what ever you like to me. I'll appreciate it no matter the amount :) Thanks a lot in advance.
PPDonate.gif

Edited by egilsandfeld
  • Like 2

Looks very nice :cool:

I've only been on Bornholm one time in my life which was in 8th grade when i was in practice at Bornholms værn.

Now i will be able to see Bornholm again.

Congratulations on the release. I've been following your progress on YouTube for quite some time, and I'm glad we finally get to try it out ourselves!

Awesome! Nice to see the persistence you had while working on this. Hope the candy money helped.

Congratulation and thanks to share with us your work.

unfortunatly, at the moment the download link aren't avaible...

LODShape::Preload: shape 'ca\structures\proxy_buildingparts\roof\antennabigroof\antenna_big_roof.p3d' not found
Warning Message: Cannot open object ca\structures\proxy_buildingparts\roof\antennabigroof\antenna_big_roof.p3d
LODShape::Preload: shape 'ca\structures\proxy_buildingparts\roof\antennasmallroof\antenna_small_roof_1.p3d' not found
Warning Message: Cannot open object ca\structures\proxy_buildingparts\roof\antennasmallroof\antenna_small_roof_1.p3d

class HitPoints::HitGlass not found in Land_bo_A_GeneralStore_01

^this is a RPT Spam

Cannot create object with abstract type Land_bo_Barn_W_02 (scope = private?)
Cannot create object with abstract type Land_bo_Barn_W_01 (scope = private?)

Strange convex component117 in es\bornholmobjects\bo_citysign_listed.p3d:geometryView
Strange convex component118 in es\bornholmobjects\bo_citysign_listed.p3d:geometryView
Strange convex component119 in es\bornholmobjects\bo_citysign_listed.p3d:geometryView
Strange convex component120 in es\bornholmobjects\bo_citysign_listed.p3d:geometryView

Warning Message: Cannot load texture ca\buildings2\farm_cowshed\data\tram_a_co.paa.
Warning Message: Cannot load texture ca\buildings2\farm_cowshed\data\tram_a_nohq.paa.
Warning Message: Cannot load texture ca\buildings\data\detailmapy\drevoleta_detail.paa.
Warning Message: Cannot load texture ca\buildings2\farm_cowshed\data\tram_b_co.paa.
Warning Message: Cannot load texture ca\buildings2\farm_cowshed\data\tram_b_nohq.paa.
Warning Message: Cannot load texture ca\buildings\data\detailmapy\drevoleta_detail.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot open object ca\structures\furniture\decoration\wallboards\picture_a_05\picture_a_05.p3d
Warning Message: Cannot open object ca\structures\furniture\decoration\wallboards\picture_a_04\picture_a_04.p3d

Getting a few Cannot Load Texture errors and the likes. Hopefully there will be a hotfix for these especially for server owners like myself who mull over RPTs and aim to keep that file quite small on our servers :p

Edited by JollyResQ

New mod V1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@bornholm.png

@ Egil Sandfeld;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Edited by Sonsalt6

Congratulations. Excellent work sir. Hope there will be many missions for this map, as it is so beautiful with great variety of landscape and lot´s of options.

Having trouble downloading these, 2/3 of the download links are no longer valid, and the moddb download failed.