swatsteam

Sweet markers system

Hmm... All looks normal... Can you make a video with this issue?

I will try to get a video of the issue posted on Thursday or Friday. Thank you.

Okay. As requested, here is a video of the issue:

Thanks.

Thats right.

JIP-support is made through the object's namespace (local on server). In the missions with "respawn=base" this namespace is resetted each time the player rejoins the game. Thats why the client makes some requests to your squad members (except the commander) to copy marker's data. Also there is a special variable which is used in case there are no any acceptable players in your squad. It does not depend on the namespace and contains side markers. Though usually we use the side channel or play in groups.

Unfortunately, there is no way to get any parameters connected to players' slot, so I use the object namespace.

Edited by swatSTEAM

Just to make sure I'm understanding correctly, markers placed in Side will stay permanently throughout the week (we keep the mission up on the server during the week and take it down on Fridays), but any markers placed that aren't in Side will disappear?

If in your group only you - yes. In the other case you get your teammate markers after rejoining. I mean global, side and group channel data.

swatSTEAM. Can you do that server admin can enable markers only with nicks on right?

swatSTEAM. Можно ли Ñделать чтобы админ мог Ñделать чтобы метки ÑтавилиÑÑŒ только Ñ Ð½Ð¸ÐºÐ¾Ð¼ Ñбоку?

swatSTEAM. Can you do that server admin can enable markers only with nicks on right?

swatSTEAM. Можно ли Ñделать чтобы админ мог Ñделать чтобы метки ÑтавилиÑÑŒ только Ñ Ð½Ð¸ÐºÐ¾Ð¼ Ñбоку?

Do you mean force add player name to marker text? Yes, I do this with module in next upd.

Edited by swatSTEAM

Thx you. Yes, simillar like in Russian Tushino project.

Edited by bestjo

Could you set focus to marker text field by default? Now you have to click it before you can type text.

Принудительно ник добавлÑÑ‚ÑŒ к текÑту метки? Как на Тушино, например, да? Добавлю включение модулем.
СпаÑибо, да как на Тушино. Очень хороший мод, Ð¾Ñ‚Ð»Ð¸Ñ‡Ð½Ð°Ñ Ñ€Ð°Ð±Ð¾Ñ‚!

Please translate these posts.

§13) Write in English

Please write only in English on the public forums. Avoid writing in any other language or any kind of slang or txt speak since the majority of the members most likely won't understand. In private messages you are of course welcome to write in any language you wish.

Please translate these posts.

Sorry. Done.

Tikka, I will fix this in next upd, thx for report.

Edited by swatSTEAM

swatSTEAM also it would be good if you will add feature to add permanent markers like in Tushino (anyone can't delete them, but you can place it only on side channel)

swatSTEAM не плохо бы было еÑли Ñ‚Ñ‹ ввел такую фичу как добавить не удалÑемый маркер как на Тушино. (чтобы его не кто не Ñмог удалить, но могли поÑтавить только в канал Ð´Ð»Ñ Ñвоей команды)

How to add new language? i want to add Korean language in this addon

and if you allow me, I want to make korean-word-support Sweet markers system(only korean groups will use it OR if you want, i'll upload)

does anybody else have issues lately?

for us it seems to work only within the own squad. the channels work only in one's own squad. it doesnt' matter if we place the module or not.

any chance for an update soon?!

Hi,

Since the patch 1.42, this addon don't work as expected. As you can see in the image below, the marker menu it's messed up.

The player can write in the left box (highlighted red), but the text doesn't shows on the marker once it's set.

http://i.imgur.com/YbRV6wG.jpg (481 kB)

Thanks,

Update v.1.3:

— Compability with A3 1.42

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63447803/swt_markers.rar

Thanks a lot for the quick update !

I take the opportunity of posting to ask for directions about an issue appearing when interacting with other mods (namely Alive and MCC Sandbox).

Indeed, it would seems that I'm not able to have side-channel markers "persistency", as my group has been having issues with seeing markers that I place before they join in the server.

The RPT log shows nothing of issue (sending markers log is displayed, no errors), however some of my members can't see my markers (that I place on the side channel every time, because you mentioned ealier in this topic that markers propagation was only available for this channel.

I'm using ALIVE but not their markers (and I get a little hint everytime I place a marker using your mod), and I'm using MCC Sandbox for squad management (and will most probably switch to the brand new vanilla group management system in the future). Maybe an issue with markers propagation on squad reassignment ? (i.e. joining a custom squad using MCC)

I switched to map-defined markers for the time being, but I'd like to come back to a proper markers system.

Thanks again and have a good evening,

lastmikoi.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Yeah I found that when the marker system was enabled that the game would crash on entering MP.

Yeah I found that when the marker system was enabled that the game would crash on entering MP.

Game crashes only when you try open markers UI in MP. I fixed it.

In this situation(when you try host game in MP) game not crashes actually, just freezes. Last line in RPT:

13:17:35 Initializing Steam server - Game Port: 2302, Steam Query Port: 2303

I don't know why...

Ok, all fine. Problem was in steam workshop. Just do not use Steam Workshop.

---------- Post added at 10:50 ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 ----------

Hotfix v.1.35:

— Fixed UI crashes in MP.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63447803/swt_markers.rar

Edited by swatSTEAM