deltagamer

ArmA 2 Stryker Pack

As a side note, US Army is currently working on new Stryker variant with unmanned Kongsberg MCT30 turret armed with 30mm M813 automatic cannon (a US Army variant of the famous Mk44), 7,62mm M240 coax and capability to install FGM-148 Javelin ATGM.

There are also other Stryker variants proposed or considered for production. Below some PDF's:

http://leanermoreagileabct.com/pdfs/Stryker_brochure.pdf

http://leanermoreagileabct.com/pdfs/Stryker_brochure_international.pdf

PS. Exactly the same MCT30 turret with the same armament package is currently tested by US Army as upgrade for M2A2/M2A3 Bradley IFV.

So I have encountered an issue, whenever I place down one of the strykers using the mission editor, I can't seem to enter them. Now there are a few exceptions to this.

I can enter a vehicle if it is set to Blufor and playable (as commander etc) it seems to work. Also, if I spawn one in using the debug console it will work. Finally, if I place down a stryker, set it to blufor and non-playable I can only enter them if they have a passenger seat, so I cant use the M1128 MGS for example but I can use the Med Evac one.

Now I do use mods and scripts on the mission, I haven't tested to see if they are causing the issue yet I just wanted to see if anyone else has an issue and if there is a fix I can use.

Also, due to the class name of the Strykers, they do not appear in Tonic's Virtual Vehicle spawner. Will this be changed?

Thanks all :)

Love the mod though, that MGS :D

So I have encountered an issue, whenever I place down one of the strykers using the mission editor, I can't seem to enter them. Now there are a few exceptions to this.

I can enter a vehicle if it is set to Blufor and playable (as commander etc) it seems to work. Also, if I spawn one in using the debug console it will work. Finally, if I place down a stryker, set it to blufor and non-playable I can only enter them if they have a passenger seat, so I cant use the M1128 MGS for example but I can use the Med Evac one.

You have to spawn them empty, if you want to enter it. Otherwise, if set to non-playable, there will be units inside blocking the seats. You first have to place a playable unit and then you can select the vehicle from the Empty-category.

You have to spawn them empty, if you want to enter it. Otherwise, if set to non-playable, there will be units inside blocking the seats. You first have to place a playable unit and then you can select the vehicle from the Empty-category.

I have done that and it didn't work. Thats the issue.

I'll double check my settings and try again

+ why only M134 model dont appear on zeus?

I think non of the new variants show up. But.. The older ones show up which is good for me, but not for others :) It will probability be fixed soon. Delta gamer is a good mod man :yay:

I have done that and it didn't work. Thats the issue.

I'll double check my settings and try again

I fixed it, no idea how but I checked it this morning and they all worked haha must have derped with with placements

But I still have the VVS script issue, but that isn't an easy fix

I think non of the new variants show up. But.. The older ones show up which is good for me, but not for others :) It will probability be fixed soon. Delta gamer is a good mod man :yay:

Yes, really he is.

Hey DeltaGamer, quick question in regards to the vehicles. Are you planning on eventually adding interiors like the ones in Burnes's Tanks?

Ps, thank you so much for releasing this. Army units everywhere must be freaking out over it :D

Thx for all ur work.

Anyway how about try to make function, that openable Ramp for APC

+ why only M134 model dont appear on zeus?

I do plan on adding ramp functionality, but I'm a bit unsure if its practical or not.

And the reason why the M134 won't appear on zeus is because I forgot to add the classname to the list. An easy fix for now would be to use the add addon module, not sure if it would work though.

As a side note, US Army is currently working on new Stryker variant with unmanned Kongsberg MCT30 turret armed with 30mm M813 automatic cannon (a US Army variant of the famous Mk44), 7,62mm M240 coax and capability to install FGM-148 Javelin ATGM.

There are also other Stryker variants proposed or considered for production. Below some PDF's:

http://leanermoreagileabct.com/pdfs/Stryker_brochure.pdf

http://leanermoreagileabct.com/pdfs/Stryker_brochure_international.pdf

PS. Exactly the same MCT30 turret with the same armament package is currently tested by US Army as upgrade for M2A2/M2A3 Bradley IFV.

The turret with M2 and Javlin looks like a good idea and I might do it, but I most likely won't do the 30mm remote cannon.

Now I do use mods and scripts on the mission, I haven't tested to see if they are causing the issue yet I just wanted to see if anyone else has an issue and if there is a fix I can use.

Also, due to the class name of the Strykers, they do not appear in Tonic's Virtual Vehicle spawner. Will this be changed?

Thanks all :)

Love the mod though, that MGS :D

Make sure the vehicles you place down in the editor are empty, I don't seem to reproduce the problem you have. The MGS and MC version have a small bug that I need to fix. If you want in the gunner seat of both vehicles then just enter the driver one first then switch. As for the VVS you need to add the classnames to the script if they are not showing in-game, the reason it doesn't work is due to it not coming under vehicles but under Stryker Pack.

Thats grt. Can someone make a M2A3 now plz :0

Maybe someone will?

Hey DeltaGamer, quick question in regards to the vehicles. Are you planning on eventually adding interiors like the ones in Burnes's Tanks?

Ps, thank you so much for releasing this. Army units everywhere must be freaking out over it :D

There should be interiors in all the vehicles already apart from the MGS and MC versions but I'm guessing you mean interiors on par with Burnes' ones, if so then I do plan on making the interiors better and have interiors for all versions including MGS and CV.

As for everyone else thanks for the support. I'm no longer afk so I will continue to fix everything and make it better.

hey delta love the work you've done on all of your projects as well as these strykers had a question about the MGS variant when i switch to the coaxial .50 cal i notice that it is shooting slightly to the lower right of the cross hairs is that an intended feature ? also in the MC variant i encountered a bit of a glitch when i was firing the mortar to the left side of the the vehicle and then went to exit it wouldn't let me i ended up scrolling to the drivers seat and having to exit that way. also have you considered a engineer variant with lower-able plows ?

hey delta love the work you've done on all of your projects as well as these strykers had a question about the MGS variant when i switch to the coaxial .50 cal i notice that it is shooting slightly to the lower right of the cross hairs is that an intended feature ? also in the MC variant i encountered a bit of a glitch when i was firing the mortar to the left side of the the vehicle and then went to exit it wouldn't let me i ended up scrolling to the drivers seat and having to exit that way. also have you considered a engineer variant with lower-able plows ?

Thanks, As for your questions, the MGS' sights are calibrated so that the main cannon is at the center of the reticle, the M2 is not under the main cannon or on it making it slightly to the right. I might just have the M2 as a Commander turnout weapon and have another M2 on the turret but I'm not sure yet. as for the MC problem I'll look into it and see if I can fix it. The engineer version is planned I mentioned it on the op but the features I want in it would be working digger arm (possibly) and a mineroller when another mod is ready.

Hello;

not sure if this has already been mentioned but the armor vs Machineguns seems to be way too weak. According to the wiki the Stryker should be able to whistand up to the 14.5mm russian machinegun (KPVT, ZPU, etc..), but in game an ifrit with HMG can quickly destroy the engine, and the actual 14.5 from some mods will blow up the rig in a few seconds.

Other than that it's really solid work and the M134 version are hilarious against ennemy infantry :D

Hello;

not sure if this has already been mentioned but the armor vs Machineguns seems to be way too weak. According to the wiki the Stryker should be able to whistand up to the 14.5mm russian machinegun (KPVT, ZPU, etc..), but in game an ifrit with HMG can quickly destroy the engine, and the actual 14.5 from some mods will blow up the rig in a few seconds.

Other than that it's really solid work and the M134 version are hilarious against ennemy infantry :D

I do plan on fixing the armour for the strykers however the HMG on the ifrit is 12.7 mm so It may be able to penetrate weak points on the vehicle for example the engine, not sure about the mods though.

@deltagamer Thank you for all hard work cant wait to Be using this more and more

Not sure if the Stryker in Arma is intended to be this way. but the Piranha and Stryker familes can only withstand 12.7MM rounds to the frontal arc of the vehicle. While sides and top protect against 7.62. A 12.7 destroying this in a 100 rounds is pretty accurate.

If you intended to replicate the applique armour you can then up the armour to withstand 12.7MM rounds.

To everyone waiting patiently for an update thanks, i'll have one out as soon as I can. I've been working on other mods so that I can have them ready in time for futures releases so my time has been a bit diverted to them. I have fixed some issues however I might need more clarification on the armour of the Stryker vehicle as the Wikipedia article - as great as it is can be a little in-accurate. The HMG on the ifrit does have 12.7 mm rounds so I'm unsure if I actually need to change the armour as Slatts mentioned it is only the angled armour that can withstand it.

Seem like the M1126 ICV M2 GPK

I spawned all the vehicle and I cannot see that one...

I spawned all the vehicle and I cannot see that one...

Did you try spawning it in zeus? If so then I don't think this public version has the classnames added for that version. Its definitely there for me when I spawn it in editor, is anyone else having this issue?

Great work guys, but one bug... Why i can't command vehicle from inside, when i get in?

Are you in the commander seat and have a higher rank than the AI driving? It seems to work with me, maybe check if those are causing your problem.