Sign in to follow this  
iamthesux

Possible copyright infrigements

For the past week or so I've been reworking the Mk48 from A2, and while checking out other models I found this guy.....this guy.

https://sites.google.com/site/warstech/

If you look at his Mk48, you will notice a striking resemblance to the one that shipped with OA. I'm 95% certain that this is the same model and texture, and though I didn't compare them in detail, the DMR, M240, and "M9 with muffer" all look suspiciously familiar. Some Aussie c*nt I showed this to recognized some weapons from I44 as well as other games. He also found this guys change log and possibly his name. A little more digging turned up some emails and aliases as well as his newest gig.

http://forender.com/

From what I gather this guy started ripping models when he got his hands on redacted, and hes been stealing people work and selling it on the internet for the better half of a decade. The people at polycount swatted at him but missed, and now it looks like he's started taking efforts to conceal his blatant forgeries so BI and mod makers might want to go through his new site thoroughly. The Masadas in particular look familar.

-- personal info removed

Everything I got came from googling his name and aliases. Have at him boys!!!

Edited by MadDogX
removed personal info, see forum rule §24

There is several communities out there making mods that violate copyright laws on multiple levels not limited to using Holdens name, Holdens designs, Subaru, Dodge, and several other Australian company names, I doubt they have permission. Hell arma 3 life I wonder if they even got copyright approval. Paying $30 to get the mod etc. They have ford, and several vehicles that are real-life vehicles how many copyright infringements is that?

If I'm not mistaken Subaru and Dodge are registered trademarks. There is a huge difference between including a texture with a word on it versus claiming a work to be your own and directly profiting off it. It would be more alike if the Life guys were taking an actual real life Subaru, putting their name on it, then selling it at their own real life dealership.

But whatever. If people are cool with this guy profiting of their work, then I guess I can live with it.

There is several communities out there making mods that violate copyright laws on multiple levels not limited to using Holdens name, Holdens designs, Subaru, Dodge, and several other Australian company names, I doubt they have permission. Hell arma 3 life I wonder if they even got copyright approval. Paying $30 to get the mod etc. They have ford, and several vehicles that are real-life vehicles how many copyright infringements is that?

I know that many large gaming companies just little changed design of vehicles to avoid copyrights infringement. That's work.