Sign in to follow this  
Kydoimos

MANW and Helicopter DLC Features

Hi all,

Just a quick question regarding some of the splendid features that are now on Dev branch - such as firing from vehicles and sling loading etc.

Are they going to be available for the MANW competition? What I mean is, will they make the stable version used for judging the entries? Would it be wise to avoid implementing these features?

Many thanks!

Hi all,

Just a quick question regarding some of the splendid features that are now on Dev branch - such as firing from vehicles and sling loading etc.

Are they going to be available for the MANW competition? What I mean is, will they make the stable version used for judging the entries? Would it be wise to avoid implementing these features?

Many thanks!

Hi Kydoimos, thank you for the excellent question. We were actually about to make a announcement about this (it'll be in the next newsletter), but we strongly recommend all contestants to switch over to the Arma 3 Default branch for their development.

In the beginning of October, we will take the most recent build of Arma 3 on the Steam default branch, and make it a separate branch on Steam named ‘Make Arma Not War’. This branch will be used by MANW jury members to evaluate your entries, and is to make sure that future Arma 3 updates will not affect your creation.

Note that this means that some of Arma 3’s new features that are currently available in the Arma 3 Development Branch, and will be pushed to the Arma 3 Default Branch in the beginning of November with the Helicopters DLC (e.g. sling loading and firing from vehicles), should not be critical elements in your submission.

To switch between branches on Steam, right-click on Arma 3 in your Steam Library, select Properties, and click on the Betas tab. Use the drop-down menu to select the appropriate Steam branch.

Thanks for confirming that, Korneel! Much appreciated!

Ah, great to hear! Been running stable anyway but it's good that we won't have to do last minute adjustments regarding the new features. (Considering that FFV broke the original campaign it could clearly affect user made content as well.)

Good idea that there is separate MANW build, but if there is PhysX-crash fixes in upcoming game-updates my entry would work much better with it. In summer those crashes started in dev-builds while the official build was 100% stable then. Now official build also crashes once in 15-240 minutes. I hope that dont affect on judges since there is no way to prevent those crashes in mission side (unless knowing if there is some certain objects/animals causing it).

As smaller issue civilian voices dont play in current game build, but heard those are worked for upcoming game update.

Edited by SaOk

Sign in to follow this