m1lkm8n

JBAD Release Thread

Hello ! (I'm new in Arma)
Are those buildings already placed in Altis and Stratis map?
Or do i have to place them one by one in the editor?
Thanks

This mod gives you the ability to place A2 and "A1" building on a mission map or a new terrain. They are not already included on Altis or Stratis, unless you add them :-)

Sj

since AIATP is now defunct and void and has now been swallowed and maintained by the CUP Terrains project, can you change the config to be compatible for CUP instead of AIATP???

• Like 1

Hi, exist a fix for afghan buildings resistance? we are playing Lythium and we fire a 40mm grenade and destroy all Jbad Buildings 50m around.

New update today. Check the readme for what's new. Thanks everyone. 

• Like 5

no water object deleted? 

Warning Message: Addon 'ffaa_map_lythium' requires addon 'Jbad_Veg_plants_tree'
Warning Message: Addon 'ffaa_map_lythium' requires addon 'A_Mosque_small'
Warning Message: Addon 'ffaa_map_lythium' requires addon 'A_Minaret'
Warning Message: Addon 'ffaa_map_lythium' requires addon 'A_stationhouse'
Warning Message: Addon 'ffaa_map_lythium' requires addon 'A_BuildingWIP'
Warning Message: Addon 'ffaa_map_lythium' requires addon 'A_Villa'
Warning Message: Addon 'ffaa_map_lythium' requires addon 'bridges'
Warning Message: Addon 'ffaa_map_lythium' requires addon 'A_Minaret_Porto'
Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_structures\bridges\jbad_most_stred30.p3d
Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_misc\misc_rivers\stream6wide.p3d
Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_misc\misc_rivers\stream6wide_noends.p3d

• Like 1

Yes you will need to update your terrain. some of the cfgpatches names changed. I think a simple repacking of the terrain and change of the addons required..which can be handled by pboproject mostly should do it...unfortunately the two main bridges needed to be separated into their own pbos due to issues with binarize not being able to binarize different rtms in the same pbo so would will need to unpack those pbos and point terrainbulder to the new location.

I deleted the water from the pbo because it was not supposed to be in there as it was only a test object and it slipped in. If you would like I can make a pbo with separate water objects but as we all know they do not play nicely with the new volumetic fog.

6 hours ago, Greenberet40 said:

no water object deleted? 

Warning Message: Addon 'ffaa_map_lythium' requires addon 'Jbad_Veg_plants_tree'
Warning Message: Addon 'ffaa_map_lythium' requires addon 'A_Mosque_small'
Warning Message: Addon 'ffaa_map_lythium' requires addon 'A_Minaret'
Warning Message: Addon 'ffaa_map_lythium' requires addon 'A_stationhouse'
Warning Message: Addon 'ffaa_map_lythium' requires addon 'A_BuildingWIP'
Warning Message: Addon 'ffaa_map_lythium' requires addon 'A_Villa'
Warning Message: Addon 'ffaa_map_lythium' requires addon 'bridges'
Warning Message: Addon 'ffaa_map_lythium' requires addon 'A_Minaret_Porto'
Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_structures\bridges\jbad_most_stred30.p3d
Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_misc\misc_rivers\stream6wide.p3d
Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_misc\misc_rivers\stream6wide_noends.p3d

Uploading water objects to steam and googledrive now. you will just need to point terrainbuilder to the new pbo. They are all the same objects

• Like 2

will you address afghan buildings blowing up from hand grenades?

29 minutes ago, jdingo said:

will you address afghan buildings blowing up from hand grenades?

Have you tried the latest update?

18 hours ago, m1lkm8n said:

Have you tried the latest update?

nice man thanks for getting that fixed

• Like 1

I have been running my custom port of Liberation for Lythium for about a month on a virtual server. After updating to the latest version of Jbad I was unable to start the server with Lythium in the mod line. Guessing an update for Lythium is in order..? Dialed back for now. Works fine using old version.

50 minutes ago, pleasant said:

I have been running my custom port of Liberation for Lythium for about a month on a virtual server. After updating to the latest version of Jbad I was unable to start the server with Lythium in the mod line. Guessing an update for Lythium is in order..? Dialed back for now. Works fine using old version.

Had the same issue, it seems that Lythium uses some vegetation library from previous JBAD release, and it seems so be missing (cus it is listed as a broken dependacy)

m1lkm8n, have you had some feedback from FFAA mod team about this issue on Lythium?

Cheers

Did this latest update fix the doors on buildings? There is a bug with the old version in MP where AI will walk straight through closed doors, not sure if this has been reported before and fixed in this latest update. If not then may want to get crackin as its a pretty game breaking bug for maps dependant on JBAD.

3 hours ago, corporal_lib[br] said:

Had the same issue, it seems that Lythium uses some vegetation library from previous JBAD release, and it seems so be missing (cus it is listed as a broken dependacy)

m1lkm8n, have you had some feedback from FFAA mod team about this issue on Lythium?

Cheers

I contacted the creator. He hasn't responded back however I think he is also in this thread and has responded here a few times. 

1 hour ago, WO1 Halverson said:

Did this latest update fix the doors on buildings? There is a bug with the old version in MP where AI will walk straight through closed doors, not sure if this has been reported before and fixed in this latest update. If not then may want to get crackin as its a pretty game breaking bug for maps dependant on JBAD.

No It hasn't. Maybe you will want to head on over to the github and crackin logging the error there so I can fix it.  

• Like 2

You must to take a look of rpt bro.

Arma3_2017-05-06_12-14-51.rpt           84 kb  before update

Arma3_x64_2017-06-27_18-09-26.rpt   5404.kb after update

Placement slopelandcontact failed on model jbad_veg\plants\bush\jbad_b_pistacial1s.p3d. Too many (4) points in landcontact.

Placement slopelandcontact failed on model jbad_veg\plants\bush\jbad_b_amygdalusn1s.p3d. Too many (4) points in landcontact.

Placement slopelandcontact failed on model jbad_veg\plants\bush\jbad_b_pinusm1s.p3d. Too many (4) points in landcontact.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

@m1lkm8n ^^^^ @Greenberet40 is the Lythium creator.

I'm pretty sure he is aware of that.......................

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Greenberet40 said:

You must to take a look of rpt bro.

Arma3_2017-05-06_12-14-51.rpt           84 kb  before update

Arma3_x64_2017-06-27_18-09-26.rpt   5404.kb after update

Placement slopelandcontact failed on model jbad_veg\plants\bush\jbad_b_pistacial1s.p3d. Too many (4) points in landcontact.

Placement slopelandcontact failed on model jbad_veg\plants\bush\jbad_b_amygdalusn1s.p3d. Too many (4) points in landcontact.

Placement slopelandcontact failed on model jbad_veg\plants\bush\jbad_b_pinusm1s.p3d. Too many (4) points in landcontact.

Shoot. I was testing stuff for the jbad terrain and I think I forgot to remove that. I will look at the object I was fooling around with, correct any test lods that made it through and I'll put out another update correcting that issue. 

--edit.  Ive updated the veg and rocks pbos that had landcontact points added to them and removed those lods. 

• Like 1

Well the last update its ok now the rpt its good

Arma3_x64_2017-06-28_18-49-10.rpt   99kb

• Like 3