Sign in to follow this  
Kushluk

MP Gamemode - Third Party Addon Requirements

Hi Bohemia Team,

I am investigating the possibility of submitting my Multiplayer Gamemode for the MANW competion and have a query regarding third party content. Your MANW official rules page states that: "Multiplayer Game Mode - Arma 3 multiplayer game mode (multiplayer mission). Only single instance (= 1 MP mission) of the game mode is allowed. The mission can use new addons (e.g. terrain, vehicles, weapons, scripts), but they must be submitted as part of the MP Game Mode."

Due to the fact that my multiplayer scenario was initially invisioned to be authentic to the military experience and themed around the insurgency in Afghanistan; my creative process required a significant number of third party modifications to compliment my own library of functions, scripts and gameplay concepts. These requirements are unfortunately quite extravagant in both filesize and number so they cannot be easily packaged into a single small pbo file. What would you recommend as the best course of action:

A) Since the judges do not have time to download the modification requirements, I should rewrite the entire scenario using entirely vanilla arma 3 content and reduce the scope to a more userfriendly standard whilst subsequently lowering the immersion value.

B) Addon requirements such as those listed on the google page below should not be a problem, simply submit the webpage or a list of requirements in the readme document along with the mission.

I would also like to ask a handful of other smaller questions:

1) Are third party medical systems addons such as the one featured within Combat Space Enhancement allowed?

2) What about standalone third party revive scripts such as Farooq's Revive

3) Are the multiplayer gamemodes tested by multiple jury members on a dedicated server?

I have provided hyperlinks to my possible submission content in the event that you need to review my case:

Regards,

Kushluk

Is this the correct forum location for my query? With the deadline fast approaching I was hoping for a reply within a month of posting.

I'm obviously not BI, but it's safe to say that if the rules state you can't use third party content, you can't use third party content. Your only option is "A", because the you would not be able to use

@ALLINARMATERRAINPACK

@ASDG-JR

@CAF-AG

@CBA-A3

@CSE

@DAR-HMMWV

@DAR-MAXXPRO

@DAR-MTVR

@DICE (Mediafire)

@EBU-C130

@FHQ-ACCESSORIES

@HLCMODS-CORE

@HLC-AR15

@KYO-MH47E

@RDS

@SANGIN-A3-PUBLIC

@SBE-ARMY

@STI-LAUNCHERS

@STI-WEAPONS

@TASK-FORCE-RADIO

as a part of your mission or campaign. If you're making a play for the big bucks, then you can only use what you create, or what your team creates.

1) Are third party medical systems addons such as the one featured within Combat Space Enhancement allowed?

2) What about standalone third party revive scripts such as Farooq's Revive

3) Are the multiplayer gamemodes tested by multiple jury members on a dedicated server?

#1 = No. It's third party, and the line you quote from the rules already answered your question.

#2 = No. See above.

#3 = Bohemia will have to answer this one, lol. Everything else was already answered by them defining the rules, and you even quoted their answer.

-Edit-

Actually, I glossed over how you worded the question of "A" and "B". It has nothing to do with the judges "not having time" to download the requirements, it's that you're not allowed to use 3rd party addons period. As your mod uses *20* different 3rd party modfolders, several of which either have their own MANW entries or are probably considering them, it goes past a simple "No." to "Did you really not read the rules, at all?" and/or "Are you really asking this?".

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

As has been previously mentioned, I'm sorry to say but you aren't able to use 3rd party mods in your mission. Yes MP gamemodes will be tested by multiple people on a dedicated server any entries with special requirements should get in touch ASAP.

Thank you both for your replies, however I have since rewritten my scenario with entirely stock ArmA 3 content (ie. Requiring no addons)

Upon reading your stance on community mission scripts, I noticed some examples of contest submissions that blatently list community scripts as part of their entry:

The Great Altis Race:

http://makearmanotwar.com/entry/1fzYVbvb15#.VDzSpRZ0YmU

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=314794489

• Random Weather v0.9 Script by Meatball
  • Player Markers v2.6 Script by aeroson
  • Enemy Occupation System v1.98 by BangaBob

Altis On Fire

http://makearmanotwar.com/entry/PlSBZWOnTH#.VDzTXxZ0YmU

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=263604065

• AI Spawn Script Pack by spunFin
  • Civilian Vehicle Spawn by Zealot
  • Enemy Occupation System (EoS) by BangaBob
  • MAD Ambient Life by MAD T
  • Headless Client AutoDetect Script by elec
  • Repetitive Cleanup Script by Aeroson
  • SLP Spawning Script by Nomadd
  • Taskmaster/moveObjects/Random Position Scripts by Shuko

Does that mean these entries will likely be disqualified?

Sign in to follow this