sgtsev3n

would you still buy any BI product ?

Would you still buy any BI Product ?  

395 members have voted

1. 1. Would you still buy any BI Product ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • Yes, but no more ArmA

well, we know all the problems in arma that has not been fixed since ofp (AI, performance, cpu bottleneck etc).

ArmA 3 full was released around 1 year ago (on september 12, it is exactly one year). yet we did not seen any changes in terms of the CPU bottleneck problem, performance problems, the AI problems (bad driving etc).

In the feedback tracker, Low CPU/GPU Utilization is the second most voted ticket:

http://feedback.arma3.com/plugin.php?page=Vote/list_bugs

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=716

explained:

yet we did not heard anything from the devs about this problem.

(the first is the use of bipods, but this will come with the marksman DLC i think).

in ArmA 2 which was released years ago and in arma 1, these problems (AI; CPU etc) were NEVER fixed.

this theard is not talking about fixes or solutions, but if you are willing to buy another BI product after all these cases.

Yes ?

No?

Maybe ?

Or any product from BI but no ArmA (means you are willing to buy something like carrier command or any product from them but you wouldnt buy any series from ArmA, even if ArmA 4 would coming out).

Edited by sgtsev3n

yes because there is no alternative game/platform.

I am missing an option:

"Yes, but only games that interest me"

As I only buy games I like, not just because they were made by BIS. For example none of the other games BIS makes interest me so I haven't bought any of them.

Why aren't the options:

"No, I will boycott BI, no matter how good product they put out next, because they let me down with Arma."

"Yes, I'm a fan. I will buy every product they make."

"Maybe, if the game is good or interesting."

Because that's what you're implying, right? :D

• Like 1

Let's be systematic:

- All pieces of software have bugs.

- BI offers thousands of hours of enjoyment for a little price ( it's not a 50 DLC at 10 + 100 extras at 5€ like other companies that start with an E, and end with an A )

- BI supports the modding community

- BI continuously supports the games for years, adding sometimes free content

- After all A3 even with the bugs it's quite a solid game

• Like 5

yes because there is no alternative game/platform.

I second that :)

No . . . I stopped buying BIS products. I'm off the drug. I didn't purchase ArmA 3 nor any other BIS game since ArmA 3 has gone Alpha.

• Like 1

Yes, I would purchase more then 3 copies minimum of these Bi products. The Pros over run the Cons.

I am seriosly doubtfull i'll purchase another Arma4.

I was too disappointed - and I am still now - about the lack of content of Arma3 and about the not so good optimization...

• Like 1

The Pros over run the Cons.

By far. That's why I voted "yes".

Those days when I would buy games before they are done are over for me. And I also won't buy a game if I do not like the whole setting at all. If ArmA 3 would have been back to a early 80's setting I would play it. Modern settings with simplified modern equipment not modeling the real disadvatages ut only the advantages simply is a guaranty for a bad Multiplayer Experience. At that point when you have to counter all the virtual death by spawning everywhere there is no more tactical gameplay involved but just the usual CoD spawfighting.

BIS games always have bugs and unfinished features. But compared to the competition, they're as good as it gets... primarily because there is no competition. No other game lets me sandbox like this, or really at all.

compared to the competition

u wot....

They're as good as it gets... primarily because there is no competition.

True story. I pretty much agree

I shelled out the big bucks back when the Supporters Edition of A3 was first announced, and I *think* I would do it again, but these days, I'm not really sure.

Yes i will buy BI products again.

Why ? Because BI support modders, of course its not the best company, but there are worse than them.

Sorry for my english (frensh guy), but i understand for a small company like them to have difficulty to enhance a big game such as these one..

Of course i want my server to have 200 ppl inside with no desync... But well, 100 ppl is not that bad too ;)

The last update from BI make me cry, litteraly, i have Yelled to my computer because of the bugs xD But im a modder, it is my job to have headache ^^

I support them, just for the modding cappacity. Im not happy about theyr new politics of donations, and about the fact that a arma3server multicore, multithread, 64 bits, is not the priority.. But well.. Maybe if the comunity make more and more mods of this game, they will make more money, and then hire more ppl to work on this ^^

yeah.. i am optimist :) But i can't spitt on a game that make me seen so many ppl, and have so much fun !

"Bohemia Interactive is the worst form of game developers, except for all the others." - Winston Churchill

So yes, I still stick with 'em.

BIS is great because OFP is addiction for whole life, OFP is 100 times more engraved in my hearth than Max Payne 1 + RTCW together

• Like 1

BIS is great because OFP is addiction for whole life

quoted for truth!

even thou I don't like A3, i bought it to support BI. I was in love with ofp since the demo and it (or A1/A2 or VBS1/2) has never left my HDD since release.

I would just stay with BiS just for creating this game ^^

I've 700+ hours on A2, 600+ on OA and 500+ on A3 so far that is more than all other games of mine combined

When i play a game like CoD and BF i play for 3-6 hours than i have the campaing finished and thats it because i hate the MP of that (really not a PvP person)

this is the only game where i can keepplaying because there is something new everyday.

Also I'm tottaly not disapointed in ArmA 3 the gear system, driving system, fatigue system, AFM, Inertia, everything is just amazing and i keep on having fun with it because it challenged me! 1st week of A3 couldn't even see the enemy's, couldn't drive vehicle's ect.

1 week befor fatigue could shoot a target in an instant on 2 klicks away

fatigue enabled back to week 1!

AFM can't fly heli's anymore xD i don't know how but i made 5 frontflips, 5 backflips and about 20 sideflips with a blackfoot before chrashing so awesome best way to day ;)

so it keeps challeging me to lesrn everything overnew wich is in my opinion a good thing because it keeps making you better

i could do with an nice official map like NY or LA maybe even HongKong or Tokyo massive CQB maps ^^

Would you still buy any BI Product ? Big, never again

13 years and only step backwards and copy and paste, new games getting worse than before, no real development & no testing, no performance optimization over years and bugs bugs bugs bugs and it's getting more and more

Game is dying......end is coming^^

Edited by TeilX

bugs ? i do not care about bugs , since only in Arma (i still stick to 2) you can have your own desired content (mods, addons) and you have mission editor,

bad optimalisation ? but maps in Arma are dozens times bigger than "corridor-like" maps in other games, Arma has big environment so it cannot have performance of corridor-like map 100 m*1 km

mission editor + many addons = forget any bugs

Bohemia has no competition in OPEN environment

other games are CLOSED ("buy DLC, buy new game") even if they have half-working modding , creating content to other games is pain in the neck, most of mods in other games are "we play on default map in multiplayer but with new rifle model" or you need team of skilled coders to make things, available in Arma for not so advanced modder

in how many games there is mission editor ? how many developers release tools ? how many games have realistic ballistic ?

Edited by vilas

I started with the former OFP and only money and system limitations stop me (Arma 2 Combined Operations for example had an extremely good deal on GOG back then - not even 4 dollars, Arma 3 will wait until I have a NASA PC). I do not intend to stop buying BIS products because of some AI and engine issues. Entering autistic mode is great with those games, and no 2 who can't heal that machine gunner can possibly ruin it for me.