Sign in to follow this  
olli_

addon rule question (about 3rd party mods)

So the rules seem to say that any addon submission must work 100% with just a basic Arma 3 installation (im interpreting that as it cant require other 3rd party addons)

Does this mean that i cannot have any connection to 3rd party mods without being disqualified, or can i have "additional" features that require a 3rd party addon but that are not integral to my addon.

for example i have a midair refueling nozzle on my plane, and it would be cool to make it compatible with some 3rd party flying tanker if people wanted to use it.

Hello, the rules state that your contest entry must not require any other addon (except of Community Base Addons) to work correctly in Arma 3.

Let's use your example to illustrate what's possible:

• If your addon would require the 3rd-party flying tanker addon to work and it would be impossible to run game with your addon alone, it would be unfortunately unacceptable.
  • If your addon would just allow or support the use of 3rd-party addons, but they would not be required to run it, it would be just fine. :)

Does the optional support of mods for SP/MP missions give any benefits in the selection of finalists or in the selection of winners?

Like dynamic integration of 3rd party mods (like weapons, infantry, weapons).

K i think i understand.

.kju it seems that the distiction is between "your mod works with mod X" and "your mod requires mod X to work"

Sign in to follow this