sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod v2.6 Released !!!

I'm working on DAC unit configs for Unsung which I will post up once completed (unless someone has one already for 2.6?)

I have a problem, I installed everything but when you connect to the server (map Cao Bang) shows I get an error:

"Can not open object ca \ characters_acr \ acr_wdl_pilot.p3d"

After pressing OK, the game comes to windows, or start up, but I have the impression that it does not work as smoothly as it should. In mode "armory" is the same map works much better.

Is it possible that this error by the game runs less smoothly? So how to solve this problem?

As said, there is something from ACR missing.

Do you have ACR - even ACR light? It's required.

I have a problem, I installed everything but when you connect to the server (map Cao Bang) shows I get an error:

"Can not open object ca \ characters_acr \ acr_wdl_pilot.p3d"

5. if you don't have ACR, download ACR lite and run the exe to install it.

http://www.arma2.com/download/805

I have ACR, the package was ACR Steam as DLC for OA. It is installed

Ok, I already know :) By the way will be for others ... I had a similar situation with other additives, a lot of people have asked about it and yesterday I found the answer on some forum.

If it happens so you just have to run each supplement separately, I just ACR has not started. Now that I've done, and already is active

Edited by maniek

c) put this line in the text file and save it (*change the A2 path to yours, keep bloodscreen in the line if you are going to use it)

FOR ACR DLC OWNERS

Code:

-mod=D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2;expansion;D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ACR;@CBA_CO;@UNS;@BP_bloodscreen

maybe this is missing - did you change BOTH paths in this line?

I set up a batch file.

I will ASSUME those reading know how to create a .BAT file in Windows - if you don't search the Interweb for instructions on how to make one!!!!!!!!!!!

In the batch file I have one line:

start "" "G:\steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe" -noSplash -skipIntro -nologs -world=empty "-mod=G:\steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2;expansion;ACR;@CBA_CO;@UNS"

NOTES:

1. My -mod switch required quotes because it has a space in the "Arma 2" folder. Yours may require the quotes as well.

2. Using the BAT file, I require nothing in the Steam startup parameters... nothing. I haven't been in the Steam console since I installed.

3. I had to give it the \Arma 2 folder extension in my mods. It looks like it doesn't pick this up by default, thus a ton of errors if you don't add it explicitly. Must be a steam thing because before I converted to 1.63 it did not require this. Fun stuff!

4. My CBA version is "the" version listed in the instructions. I have other CBA versions, however "this" version is the ONLY version that works w/o any errors. So I'm keeping it as-is for Unsung. It might be an older version, but it works.

5. You can see from my -mod entry I have only these items started:

- Arma 2

- expansion

- ACR

- @CBA_CO

- @UNS

6. I use the "world=empty" switch to make it load a little faster. No intro mission, only water, but I'm OK with that.

7. I edited the properties of the batch file shortcut to point to the UNSUNG icon. Just for show!

8. The other switches explained:

-noSplash: No startup logo (loads faster)

-skipIntro: No startup intro mission (loads faster)

-nologs: the new flag that keeps your client from writing info to the RPT file. Saves disk activity, and makes the game run faster. You miss any non-crash errors, which for normal play is fine.

Enjoy!

---------- Post added at 14:04 ---------- Previous post was at 13:49 ----------

anyway, the system proposed, along with a few other innovations by Von K, are all potentially doable in MP, we just ran out of steam to finish them all, sadly.

remember guys: this is a RELEASE thread not a DEV thread. we're talking history, and not requiring too many requests right now. be sensitive lol.

re patching - don't hold your breath, as we're all very tired so it may happen and may not. certainly we won't look lightly on any demands for fixes coming from people who have just loaded up the mod with ACE or other mods, or who have just piled in and not read the manual or asked about problems they are having and how to get them sorted, before declaring a bug to us and the wider world. and the "rivet-counters" who complain about anything they dislike because it fails their realism test - etc etc... once and for all - go play some other mod and leave us the hell alone! what we do, we do for a good reason, discussed in depth in our dev chat over months. e.g. magazines, dates in names, sounds, afterburners (think thrusters if you're getting all knotted up about it), landing hooks, akm's, weird helmets, blah blah blah... we are so not interested in any of that chat so please drop it completely. the whole team is in fits over some of the anally retentive feedback - laughing or crying (i told you we were tired) - so anyway, i speak for us all when i say, respectfully - play it as it is, and keep your thoughts to yourselves please.

Well stated. Please keep in mind we've put a great deal of TLC (often to the displeasure of our wives!!!!!!!) and so I'm sure you'll agree that any nitpick issues can certainly wait while we catch our breath and enjoy the fruit of our labors.

Remember, all for free, completely unpaid.

We are planning an update - let's call it 2.7 DLC - and in that pack will be some fixes as well as features. Perhaps even a new vehicle or two! ;)

I for one am that nitpick person who sees all the little errors and it bugs me, but for now I am glad I can actually *PLAY* the game for a change! :D In fact for the past year I can honestly say I have played maybe 10% and modded 90% of my time on the game. Yep.

Some more 2.6 pics from MP gaming the past few days:

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=5B54FC51A7917265&id=5B54FC51A7917265%213984

Edited by hcpookie

too many twots joining our servers with ACE on - like every 5 mins, so am gonna sort the sig checks out tomorrow. meanwhile its red chain hell... this is why i hate ACE so much, it kills servers... and almost every new guy has it running as default... nvm though it aint ACE's fault, its the guys who dont know how to disable their mods in sixupdater. tonight has been a nightmare... off to play on uk forces server for a bit...

also looks like there's been a mega update to .NET framework in thepast few days - some servers have it and some dont, and most clients dont - this could well explain some of the server restarts we've been seeing, and wrongly blaming public players for lol

anyway i'll get key checks on tomorrow

Edited by eggbeast

too many twots joining our servers with ACE on - like every 5 mins, so am gonna sort the sig checks out tomorrow. meanwhile its red chain hell... this is why i hate ACE so much, it kills servers... and almost every new guy has it running as default... nvm though it aint ACE's fault, its the guys who dont know how to disable their mods in sixupdater. tonight has been a nightmare... off to play on uk forces server for a bit...

And I thought that I me something is wrong with liquidity, dug me today from the server but I do not have Ace hehe, I did not have to answer because my micro probably broke down, I had to write back but I already blew me.

ok thanks man, sorry to kick you earlier. we're just rolling through our servers doing the .NET updates now

Edited by eggbeast

no-one has the right to enter this thread and tell us how our mod should be made to please them. get a grip.

all future rivet-counters will be ignored. as is our right. we have a tired team, happy at last to be playing the mod in the light of day.

splatting the vc in the wire surrounding FPB Chizel during last hill battle of lowlands with spooky

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t247/eggbeast/spooky_zpseafb81af.jpg

lowlands end party - launch weekend hijinks

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t247/eggbeast/disco_zps338a83f5.jpg

Well said that man !!!! People should have the respect to the Dev's that I know have spent a hell of a long time researching ,developing , scripting, and basically getting the mod to what it is now !! Quite simply to all those that thinks it's not good ,, download get it installed and learn how to enjoy the mod , stop the "hair splitting" and let the Dev's enjoy the work they have done ...... !!!

Oh and to the Unsung Team , I for one am thankful for the work you all have put into this and feel privileged to have been a part of the testing ...... Certainly am enjoying 2.6 ..

Regards Bill70 !!

Quick question, is there a trick to get the VC Spiderhole 1 or 2 to spawn men when you come in on the chopper. The manual says don't place in the village, and give a LZ as an example which is where I place it. Still no crazy VC popping out so I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong. Any help would be great.

Also for the UNSUNG servers, how do you guys have that awesome music playing at the base? Is that through scripting or is that just but placing a certain object???

pook made that hot-LZ script

the tannoy music is mission-side, the radios are separate and mod-side, just place a transistor radio down anywhere and wait a few minutes.

Quick question, is there a trick to get the VC Spiderhole 1 or 2 to spawn men when you come in on the chopper. The manual says don't place in the village, and give a LZ as an example which is where I place it. Still no crazy VC popping out so I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong. Any help would be great.
pook made that hot-LZ script

The hot LZ script simulates real world historical encounters where the LZ was not clear and the NVA waited for the troops to disembark, then overwhelmed them as the choppers were lifting away.

Simply put, if you *as a passenger* get dropped off from certain choppers, there is a chance that you'll be ambushed by a random number of VC and/or NVA troops when you disembark. Could be 1 or 2 troops, could be over a dozen. :) I must emphasize it is a small chance, perhaps 10% or so. The script must pass several checks before it actually spawns the troops to avoid complications such as duplicated spawns, whether it is the crew vs. a passenger, etc.

It will not spawn enemy in the direct vicinity of any group of friendlies already on the ground such as at a FOB or airbase.

It will never spawn enemy if no other enemy are present on the map (e.g. empty map).

Thanks for this amazing job,this mod is really beautifull :cheers:......But since i've install this mod, i've completly lost the original speech sound of arma 2 oa, no radio,no order ,no squad intels ,but only ambient squad speaking and vietnamese speech from the unsung mod, plus impossible to lock any target when using missiles in planes or choppers of the entire arma2 oa game.It's really disturbing.After download (for the first time), i've extracting the UNS 2.6 zip as usual and place the @UNS folder in my a2 folder (only 12 @mod within and no conflicts for now) and activate it via the extension menu in game, it work but with that speech and lock issues......any idea?

PLEASE HELP I REALLY LOVE THIS MOD!!!Thanks again and keep up the good work!:soldier:And sorry for my english.

Arma 2: Combined Operations compatibility MP patch (ACR lite) I play only in single player and make my own missions, do i need this? ( i got cba last version.)

Edited by pathaber

ACR lite - yes you need it

the base classes are set in the mod for unsung so bombs wont lock and speech wont work. why would you want it enabled if youre playing modern stuff? turn it off when playing modern stuff mate.

Thanks for your answer @eggbeast, and sorry for my ignorance ,but i'm not aware for any mod special feature.

But sometimes i pick up some cool stuff in the unsung mod because they match with the era within my missions (i really like the 65/90 era)......if I can't merge them without losing some stuff ,so, too bad for me it's not made for it.Now it's clear.

Well, this mod is really awsome, so let's play it in exclusive mod!

:cheers:

Has anyone tried my nam campaign again since release of 2.6?

Wanna know if it's broken.

Thanks

Just a heads up for Play with six users. Even though I owned ACR in steam and it shows up as a DLC under arma2OA in the pw6 game tab. I had to manually add ACR light to the Unsung collection for everything to work properly.

The radio module for some reason isn't working for me. Itnever gives me the radio option. I followed the help documents. Any suggestions?

wait, the NV soldiers used something OTHER than AKM?! that's not what the movies have taught me! :mad:

They mainly used original AK-47s, Type 56s, and SA Vz.58s, but actual AKMs were super limited until the 1970s.

Not complaining, the NVA and VC did have them, and variety is the spice of life, just an observation.

They mainly used original AK-47s, Type 56s, and SA Vz.58s, but actual AKMs were super limited until the 1970s.

Not complaining, the NVA and VC did have them, and variety is the spice of life, just an observation.

and if we followed all the"observations" people have brought in here, you'd have a very limited mod to use in designing your future missions.

- the map locations aren't all real, so you'd have no maps.

- the mig variants with different loadouts would be removed (how could you then play balanced and fun warfare game easily?)

- all the cool rare weapons like the M16 HBAR and starlight scopes and suppressors would be taken from the MP ammo crates, to limit their use

- the NVA patrol boats would be removed because the US destroyed them very early in the war

- most of the air fighting would be carpet bombing from the top of the skybox by B-52s

- the Nimitz carrier would not be present (we even renamed it Coral Sea in Evo)

- the 2 TOW launching Hueys would be removed as they were only used for 4 months in 1972

- all the TV guidance bombs and missiles would be removed as we dont have a model of a joystick in the cockpit

you get the idea. I really want to make this very clear to all posters (and i mean posters, as the users are loving it and not getting all anal about how they see us messing up on the details) - we made the mod to include as much stuff as we could reasonably put in, so that mission makers have a fun and interesting and very detailed sand-box from which to male their own missions.

even in stock MP games, if you don't manage things carefully EVERY player is running around with a DMR and a SMAW, performing designated marksman role and AT role in the same body.

my Evo missions are also a sand-box - a fun way to get into the mod and see everything it has to offer. users can then go off and make their own realism missions for release on armaholic etc...

let this be the absolutely last word on it. use your imagination guys.