aluc4rd

Advanced Helicopter FDM Feedback

My revers way to fly helicopters was first DCS: UH-1 Huey, Mi-8 next Arma 3 helicopters, it let me known helicopters behavior and better use my knownlege and experience in A3 with AFM. BTW, Gazelle is not finished mod (beta status) and flight model has amount bugs unfortunately.

Hi folks, apologies if this has been discussed in the past .. i was wondering if there is any guidance on how to modify the roto lib xml..?

I am currently flying ghost hawks and hell cats using afm, with all setting pointing to realism, and they fly like a treat. But i just cannot get on with the melb or pawnee birds with autotrim disabled, as there seems to be so much forward pitch built in. Maybe i am doing it wrong..?

Thanks in advance guys

KITD FOHS

i was very hesitant to fly the pawnee and melb with afm all on realism for quite a while, but at some point i got the hang of it and i would never go back. No special mods or xml changes concerning the afm are necessary. For those two birds you might wanna find a sweet spot performance wise, cause you need to be able to control them pertty snappy with good fps.

But you are right, you really need to 'remember' by how much you need to counter the forward pitch when lifting off, and torque and sidedrift as well of course. But everytime i go back to autotrim on just to experience how it was back in the day....i just feel its wrong or at least pertty boring. Give it another 10 hours of training only in the melb (what a rewarding aircraft!!!) and i am sure you will either have gotten on with it...or something must be bogus.