Sign in to follow this  
chortles

Chortles' LHD for Arma 3

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Quote Originally Posted by P_Siddy View Post

http://i58.tinypic.com/28wec1c.jpg (123 kB)

Is this from Chortles? I didn't download it. Only helped him test it a bit when he was setting it up and that overlay definitely wasn't there then. ;)

No, I made it myself in photoshop for my GU's mod team to test and add to our mod pack, the markings aren't down to the millimetre but they are close enough to get a guide of spawning units without having to make 10 attempts.

---------- Post added at 02:34 ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 ----------

Chortles,

Small bug for ya mate...

Uploading a video now so you can pause to see exact location.

Uploading now should be live soon.

PS, I've lined myself up with the red/white line so you can get an exact reference, but as far as im aware the bug extends across the width of the flight deck.

Edited by P_Siddy

That's one of the places I was telling you about, Chortles^^

P_Siddy, can you replicate any issues like that coming up out of the below-deck hangar? The forward door and the stairway near it on the external catwalk, leading up to the flight deck? If the issue I experienced still exists you should no-clip right through the ladder and have some slight clipping issues in the doorway.

I did notice when walking up the small stairways sideways does cause you to fall through on some of them. But as far as im aware its only on a few of the small stair cases leading off the flightdeck.

One other clipping error is on the top side of the doorframe on the small hanger on the flight deck level, however please don't fix this as it means Jackals and other vehicles can fit in there and be driven out for sling loading with only the gun clipping... it may not even be the ship to be honest, it may be our jackals guns aren't clipping properly... either way.. don't fix that one :P

Just been back and tried the staircases again... seems if you run towards the edge of the stairs where V shape gaps appear you can fall through or get stuck... as shown...

Chortles, I am only posting these to help you by the way, im not being negative or complaining. Its a great ship and it's already made its way into my GU's mod pack! Keep it up!

Edited by P_Siddy

possible to give this ship a "solid flat base"? right now when in zeus trying to place objects it is very difficult because the camera and the object follow the sea bed.

any other ideas?

edit - nvm I was right ontop of some large rocks lol. it is manageable now that I am on a flatter part of the ocean

Edited by Azer1234

The hole in the flight deck is a known problem even from A2.

It seems to occur when the ship is placed on uneven terrain or at "intermediate" angles like, say, 13.444 instead of 0, 90 or 180, and always with the final part (towards the bow).

As a matter of fact, for those of you who don't know this, the ship is actually made of several different pieces that are put together in a specific order and in the end they "look" like the ship is one solid block.

With this in mind, the engine limits for big objects shouldn't count as every block should be well inside accepted limits.

It was ok for Arma 2 that, according to more experienced people than me, had far more restrictive limits, so it should do just fine in A3 as well.

I don't know exactly how the well deck of the LHDs work, however in Arma if an object is below the water line it's gonna have water in it unless you disable it through config with the parameter waterPPInVehicle = 0;.

Then again you'd find yourself inside the dry well deck looking at the sea line in front of you like a fish bowl i imagine lol.

As for the character glitching on the sidewalks, it's just how arma 3 works. If you try entering or exiting the lower hangar from one of the two doors you'll get stuck and eventually fall through as well.

This new high speed low drag character system makes you glitch into almost everything, even doing a flight of stairs would leave you flying mid air.

I was not aware of this, also, I haven't tested, but does the hole affect vehicles, if so im assuming taking off the likes of a harrier or f35 STOL style won't be too successful? lol

Yes it does affect vehicles but can be avoided by replacing the LHD in a different location (even few meters apart should do) and try running on the flight deck.

At least that's how it was in A2, i haven't played around with the LHD in A3 yet.

Yes it does affect vehicles but can be avoided by replacing the LHD in a different location (even few meters apart should do) and try running on the flight deck.

At least that's how it was in A2, i haven't played around with the LHD in A3 yet.

Just tested it on a nice piece of flat sea bed and the bug no longer existed.. So im assuming this means it acts in exact same fashion as in A2 as you described.

From the water you can't.

You need a script for that.

If you spawn in water use a setpos command or change unit height in the editor.

Is there any way to set a repsawn_west marker on the flightdeck? if i set a marker i respawn in the water below the ship.

Chortles, the community I am part of would really like to use this mod on our dedicated Addon server, would it be at all possible to get it signed so we can use it hassle free? Thanks in advance.

Watarimono: Add the 2 following lines into the init.sqf of your mission. Change the number to have them spawn on the deck or in the hangar (9 for hangar, 16 for flight deck)

_markerPos = getMarkerPos "respawn_west";
"respawn_west" setMarkerPos [_markerPos select 0, _markerPos select 1, 16];

I downloaded your addon from playwithsix and when I load the editor it is not listed under anything. Anyone could guide me how to add the ship into the editor. Only other addon I have is CBA. I have tried without CBA and still no go.

Try under:

Empty > Ships > USS Khe Sahn

or

Empty > Objects (Sea) > USS Khe Sahn

In order to access the empty side you either have to place a player unit before or choose the first unit to be non-playable from the drop down menu.

Hope it helps.