Dwarden

Official Zeus servers from Bohemia Interactive

I think for that we need wait after 1.60 goes stable ... will see if / what all can be changed then in terms of settings ...

I don't know if its just me (so far only my friend confirmed it) but right now it seems you can't join the Official servers. It gives me a "Max players reached"-popup even though the servers are all empty. Wondering if there is something wrong with them.

Also the issue mentioned above, regarding the “bad†Admins/Zeus is a constant one on the official servers. Add to that the problem that of not being able to restart the mission easily and to re-vote makes it quite the hassle. You'd be surprised how many times we had to restart the mission - by ending it - and try to even vote for an admin before the timeout ran out in the last two days. Especially with all the new people around who don't know the server commands.

A way of addressing this would be IMO: make vote kick actually work (lower threshold) and vote restart should reset the admin. That way players regain some sort of control.

• Like 1

should be fixed now

Yes, this is best BIS official servers (I mean two Zeus servers) down almost two days. What's happens?

I have a proposal for Zeus servers. Is it possible to open debug console for server admin? Time-to-time is not enough zeus tools to make mission, it will be useful to run simple script. For example to make squads and place them to houses, make waypoint, run collective defence etc.

the server suffered some hardware malfunction I assume

anyway I will work on getting more zeus up soon but can't vouch exact ETA yet

Hi Devs,

I see that your working on "Master Tanoa" Zeus for the new map and I can't wait to try it out.

Could you tell us how many Official Zeus scenarios we'll get our hands on?

Love your work

https://arma3.com/servers/

remember there're many Zeus servers now , both in EU and US region ;)

even those servers with port 2502 and 2602 works ...

it's just bug on the website list

for feedback you can use this channel on Arma Discord : https://discord.gg/QMNXGXX

Hello!

I have a request. Do you think you could enable Ares mod together with CBA on the servers?

I don't really see any downside to this. It would make creating the missions better experience for everyone. For players because they would get better content faster and for Game Masters its just in general very, very useful mod to have.

Do you think you could make official Zeus servers better place?  :)

Good day/night!

I'd like to know if there is anyway to add a Group Management feature (maybe has a module) to these server's, so that it's easier for the players to get into the squad they want with their friends and also not to distract the Zeus('s) while they are building the missions.

Thank you!  :)

Good day/night!

I'd like to know if there is anyway to add a Group Management feature (maybe has a module) to these server's, so that it's easier for the players to get into the squad they want with their friends and also not to distract the Zeus('s) while they are building the missions.

Thank you!  :)

That would be very good.

Also some form of admining from Bohemia's side would be apreciated. Currently the Zeus servers are plagued by people using them as their personal hosted server, kicking people of them randomly or griefing them of the server by constantly lightning striking them untill they disconnect. Is there a way to do something about this? A place to report people?

Hi, there's still an issue with the official Zeus servers after update 1.60

I thought this might sort itself out but its been months and vote admin is still broken!

So I'm posting this in hope for a fix.

Voting admin is still disabled on all of your Zeus servers. Vote admin ONLY works in the lobby, when the mission is going to start and people still have to pick their roles.

Vote admin is disabled at any other point during the mission duration, always saying "Voting admin is disabled on this server".

I thought allowing us to vote an admin is common sense, because we want to be able to change the map and faction we play on and we want to change the parameters to allow mod full rights.

I play Zeus regularly, and we players have resorted to restarting the mission over and over again to get to the lobby stage, just to vote for an admin. Sometimes, we do so many restarts that players just leave. The default Zeus map and parameters is horrible and I never see player use it because its too restrictive. It's frustrating because if we don't vote an admin before the lobby time's out, we have to restart the mission again and even up to three times. This is done on ALL your servers to the point where it's now a a standard procedure us Zeus players. And it's been going on for months! It's ridiculous, it's annoying, and most of all time consuming.

I posted this issue months ago.  Kick also had the same problem, and Dwarden fixed that. I am grateful.

But he didn't fix admin, which I asked him too do to.

It's located here: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/191160-disaster-at-official-servers-after-160/?hl=zeus 

I can't believe I have to make another post about this!

For the love of God, PLEASE allow #vote admin during mission duration and not just in lobby,

or at the VERY LEAST, save ME from frustration and give me an explanation to why vote admin is only allowed in the lobby before a mission starts.

• Like 1

voting admin mid-session was disabled because it was abused before by certain groups to ruin ZeuS missions in progress

anyway i re-enabled it so you can learn the lesson ...

Thanks Dwarden, your fix is greatly appreciated. You've saved us a lot of hassle. I will look out if certain groups abuse this.

yo, could we get ares expansion on the official servers

it's a mod that isn't required for anyone, has no dependencies, and is a godsend for zeuses

• Like 2

yo, could we get ares expansion on the official servers

it's a mod that isn't required for anyone, has no dependencies, and is a godsend for zeuses

+9999 this! i think most of the regular zeus players would be happy about this. and ofc. its clintside.

Ares mod is good, +100500

By the way, 3 EU severs not available for the game, they need 1.64.138245

Why 3, or not only one for test?

0Rk55T1Qgxt1KyFY788RBb3aauWJ1x7KXiX04W8X

That would be very good.

Also some form of admining from Bohemia's side would be apreciated. Currently the Zeus servers are plagued by people using them as their personal hosted server, kicking people of them randomly or griefing them of the server by constantly lightning striking them untill they disconnect. Is there a way to do something about this? A place to report people?

This is might sound stupid, but i've changed my mind about  enabling group management in public zeus servers. The reason for that, if the players do not try to be serious enough to start making squads at the start of each Zeus Session, then they will always be unorganized in my opinion. You may occasionaly get a group of players that try to set up squads using the group management or a group of friends trying to play together in the public zeus. As i said, i've changed my mind about enabling group management, as it will only let the server remain chaotic. Occasionaly we got a player who joins and injects scripts to enable it but oh well.

This is might sound stupid, but i've changed my mind about  enabling group management in public zeus servers. The reason for that, if the players do not try to be serious enough to start making squads at the start of each Zeus Session, then they will always be unorganized in my opinion. You may occasionaly get a group of players that try to set up squads using the group management or a group of friends trying to play together in the public zeus. As i said, i've changed my mind about enabling group management, as it will only let the server remain chaotic. Occasionaly we got a player who joins and injects scripts to enable it but oh well.

I agree with Type with not enabling Group Module in Zeus. 

I have been on many public sessions over the past year. More often than not, sessions where players cooperate with Zeus to organise their groups leads to organised gameplay which almost rival private milsim groups. 

Actually, public Zeus sessions are the only places where I find milsim gameplay on PUBLIC servers with complete strangers who've known each other for less than an hour.

When the Group Management Module is introduced (via friendly hackers), it has surprisingly lead to greater disorganization and players are less willing to cooperate. I've seen this a number of times over the month.

For some reason, there is greater cooperation when players are NOT given free will to choose their own groups, and solely rely on Zeus to group them.

This accidental social experiment is leading to unexpected cooperation from complete strangers.

I ask any curious dev to try out a few sessions on official Zeus servers. I am confident they'll find at least one organised session with groups.

Group management works fine

I agree with Type with not enabling Group Module in Zeus. 

I have been on many public sessions over the past year. More often than not, sessions where players cooperate with Zeus to organise their groups leads to organised gameplay which almost rival private milsim groups. 

Actually, public Zeus sessions are the only places where I find milsim gameplay on PUBLIC servers with complete strangers who've known each other for less than an hour.

When the Group Management Module is introduced (via friendly hackers), it has surprisingly lead to greater disorganization and players are less willing to cooperate. I've seen this a number of times over the month.

For some reason, there is greater cooperation when players are NOT given free will to choose their own groups, and solely rely on Zeus to group them.

This accidental social experiment is leading to unexpected cooperation from complete strangers.

I ask any curious dev to try out a few sessions on official Zeus servers. I am confident they'll find at least one organised session with groups.

That's purely speculation.

I personally have seen both. Sessions that managed to be organized without grouping up at all and sessions that managed to be unorganized while there was an initial organization and making of squads. It is largely player dependent in my opinion and the availability of the group function will give players the ability to work things out themselves.

The best solution in my opinion would be to put the group menu it into the parameters. Just like the revive function. If you want to use them in the scenario then you can if you don't then you do not have to. Let the player choose. Its sandbox after all. The more options the better.

I don't personally understand why BI made these awesome things but then not use them / allow us to use them as much as possible. The only place they have been used so far are the new campaign and Endgame (afaik). Be proud of your work BI! Put it out there for us to use.

Give the Zeus game mode a few more options to work with. The revive function (with the necessary fine control over the revive time and such) would add a lot to the whole experience.

Thanks for adding the "Group menu" to Zeus missions :)

You guys rock! NOw all that is missing is revive. :P

Update 1.64

All praise Bohemia

I hate dynamic groups, its unexpectedly its ruined co-operation :/

It works fine