someguywho

Rainbow Six Siege

This looks like it could be interesting.

The "gameplay" looks pretty scripted but I reckon that if it was played with the right people then it could be enjoyable. Wonder what happened to patriots though.

As much as I can take from this scripted video with annoying voice acting is that it looks to be another 'full auto shooter', with destruction and timed 'revive'. The idea has potential like a new SWAT, but they went the meh same as everything else route again.

This still isn't Rainbow Six, Rainbow Six died with Raven Shield, stop fucking with the name Ubisoft.

Edited by Sabre

As much as I can take from this scripted video with annoying voice acting is that it looks to be another 'full auto shooter', with destruction and timed 'revive'. The idea has potential like a new SWAT, but they went the meh same as everything else route again.

This still isn't Rainbow Six, Rainbow Six died with Raven Shield, stop fucking with the name Ubisoft.

QFT.

And when the fuck did R6 turn into a Law Enforcement SWAT/Tac-team like organization?

It looks interesting, but that's not Rainbow Six.

Is it wrong that I'm so used to the idea that Ubi ruined the franchise (and... ALL the other Tom Clancy properties) that I refuse to watch the trailer?

And when the fuck did R6 turn into a Law Enforcement SWAT/Tac-team like organization?
Presumably ever since:

Ding Chavez showed that he wasn't quite the best judge of character, to say the least, and that come to think of it maybe RAINBOW's very premise was fundamentally problematic...

I did LOL at "shitload" in an official trailer though. As far as your question, in all honesty it's a MP match and therefore not necessarily reflective of the SP plot, especially when you see just how AC4's SP and MP plots work...

As for just what happened to Patriots... I wonder if the name change had anything to do with a mix of bad publicity from its alleged role in two killings in Georgia (of all things, allegedly a would-be cell leader using the Game Informer issue with Patriots as its cover story in recruiting/selection) and, especially considering the change to a MP-centric design (the idea of the SP campaign being "not simply a training ground for multiplayer" is belied by the apparently-project lead's own declaration that "everything in the single and co-op will be based on all the features, all the tools, of the multiplayer first"), my speculation is that there were larger-scale/more comprehensive problems with Patriots' development that led execs to decide that it was unsalvageable.

@ lesscubes: Admittedly I didn't think that there was much left worth ruining by the time I looked back on The Bear and the Dragon... Teeth of the Tiger only cemented my decision.

I like they reused the R6 Las Vegas sling animations also notice the obvious window which wasnt covered by terrorist and gun fight feels alot like COD/BF+ alot scripts meh

Poor Rainbow six and yes they really should stop using the name because its long dead sadly

*Cough* But at this point the investors aren't interested in new IPs-in-name (as opposed to new-IPs-in-all-but-name) I sense... though I can't agree re: the scripted thing in the sense that even BF4's MP trailers were noticeably "scripted" as hell in a way not reflective of actual gameplay.

Not impressed. The Trailer was super scripted (This wasn´t a real GAmeplay Demo) and I bet my ass that the final product will look nothing like this....

And and to top it off, this had nothing to do with R6.

What a crapfest,there was a time when R6 meant good AI,multiple teams,planning stage and big maps.

As much as i understand your feelings about beloved games not coming back even with the techincal advance we have now and what a shame that all is ... (why) can´t we just get over it, at least the name deal?

I was recently "forced" to play Tom Clancys Ghost Recon Future Soldier, which clearly is another franchis murder victim, and despite all the consoly scripting, uplay, etc, it turned out to be actually quite fun experience (i.e.: would replay on hardest difficulty sometime soon). And tbh above Trailer looks like it could actually be another such fun coop game :E

edit: If it´s TvT only, forget what i said.

Edited by Mr Burns

I liked, a hardcore mode would be much welcomed.. It's a concept I've thought before (planning\barricading) but I can see people abusing with this many explosives, bullets and game mechanics.

Better this than Patrios, right?

The Trailer was super scripted (This wasn´t a real GAmeplay Demo)
This ironically is why I disagreed with RH -- I saw the same damn thing in BF4, Siege's trailer is a trailer about the UI and gameplay mechanics.

As for "had nothing to do with R6". Well, it's not like Ubisoft has actually wanted to make an "R6" by your definitions for years... sound like anyone we both know? ;)

edit: If it´s TvT only, forget what i said.
Nah, Game Informer mentioned that co-op was supposed to be in and there's a SP campaign.

Considering what happened with Patriots, yeah I'm actually fine with the change-up -- and at least this (hopefully) means a break in Ubisoft's years-long penchant for creating utterly unlikeable protagonists (I refuse to count Connor Kenway/Ratonhnhaké:ton among them) who make the antagonists easier to root for by default... Patriots' plot would have just guaranteed that "the streak continues." :rolleyes:

As much as i understand your feelings about beloved games not coming back even with the techincal advance we have now and what a shame that all is ... (why) can´t we just get over it, at least the name deal?

It's not like it's that big of a deal as it's happening everywhere now and you've been forced to deal with it, it's just disappointing that they continue to use it when they seemingly throw everything else that was associated with the name out of the window. Like people have alluded to they did it with this name along time ago.

But this one stings a little more for me though as Rogue Spear is probably my all-time favourite, narrowly beating out OFP, and there is still a large group of people just hanging out for someone to re-enter the genre that was abandoned after Raven Shield and to a lesser extent S.W.A.T 4.

It looks like hostage rescue doing just about everything you wouldn't do in a hostage rescue other than grabbing a hostage, as someone who still plays Raven Shield, I only wish someone would put that game play in a new engine.

I'll watch the progress on BattlePolice: Left 4 Hostage. But unless it takes a radical swing back toward realism. No thanks, I already own this.

But this one stings a little more for me though as Rogue Spear is probably my all-time favourite, narrowly beating out OFP, and there is still a large group of people just hanging out for someone to re-enter the genre that was abandoned after Raven Shield and to a lesser extent S.W.A.T 4.
I very much doubt that anyone currently at Ubisoft would actually want to play either game, much less "the genre" as you define it.

Still waiting on what exactly is supposed to be going down with the SP campaign though. Did Rogue Spear or SWAT 4 even have TvT?

I'll watch the progress on BattlePolice: Left 4 Hostage. But unless it takes a radical swing back toward realism. No thanks, I already own this.

It certainly does not look like it has an emphasis on realism.

Many hundreds of rounds fired in an everyday home and players were certainly not going down fast and I wont even get into the 'revival' of the hostage.

No doubt another game that Ubish!t will ruin.

And on the subject of the title, they could at least just call it 'Michael Bay's 'Explosions: House Intrusion PvP Gold Edition' (or the excellent title you came up with) instead of linking it to R6 (which it looks like it has absolutely nothing to do with).

Hardcode mode on that bitch an I'm happy.

Did Rogue Spear or SWAT 4 even have TvT?

SWAT4 does. Never tried it, it´s supposedly super awesome! AI is quite good already, but going against a team of well organized human players would clearly make for a sensational experience. I imagine flashbangs everywhere :o

It's not like it's that big of a deal as it's happening everywhere now and you've been forced to deal with it, it's just disappointing that they continue to use it when they seemingly throw everything else that was associated with the name out of the window. Like people have alluded to they did it with this name along time ago.

It looks like hostage rescue doing just about everything you wouldn't do in a hostage rescue other than grabbing a hostage, as someone who still plays Raven Shield, I only wish someone would put that game play in a new engine.

It´s the times of revivals and reboots. New ideas are sparse anyways, we can still hope.

All that Raven Shield for instance would need is iron sights (available as mod), non "cheating asshole" AI, port to newer DX, boom, 20$ early access greenlight.

Same goes for SWAT 4, just that its AI is already perfect. Maybe some new maps, STEAM integrated MP, boom, 30$ early access greenlight ;)

SWAT4 does. Never tried it, it´s supposedly super awesome! AI is quite good already, but going against a team of well organized human players would clearly make for a sensational experience. I imagine flashbangs everywhere

It was one of the best MP experiences I have ever had. I got into the game late but found a few servers that were normally full. It isn't as team focused as I would like it but it is probably the most team focused game I have ever played. Some people use flashbangs, some CS, some beanbag rounds, or pepper spray paintball rounds and I feel like everyone carries a taser. You get more points for arresting people than you do for killing them which is what makes it so enjoyable.

seen the gameplay video (and i won't talk about the fact that the one showcasing cannot use a mouse or gamepad for that matter to save their lives).

1. The weapons (especially the handguns), seem to be out of scale (too small)

2. There is no recoil whatsoever

3. The movement seems glidly...

4. More explosion feeling (

)

4. More explosion feeling (

)

Or my personal favorite:

;)

It´s the times of revivals and reboots. New ideas are sparse anyways, we can still hope.
More like "AAA-game-company investor (and therefore exec) willingness to risk money on new IPs is sparse", though we can infer that no one within Ubisoft both loves 'the old stuff' and can pitch 'em well enough to overcome the aforementioned issue 2012-2013 were really 'reboot'/prequel city though, though (looking back at Assassin's Creed IV and at Batman: Arkham Origins) I'd wonder how much of that was the demand for a game release, however derivative, while the next-gen only game was under way (Assassin's Creed: Unity and Batman: Arkham Knight).
All that Raven Shield for instance would need is iron sights (available as mod), non "cheating asshole" AI, port to newer DX, boom, 20$ early access greenlight.

Same goes for SWAT 4, just that its AI is already perfect. Maybe some new maps, STEAM integrated MP, boom, 30$ early access greenlight ;)

But then Ubisoft would refuse that because they'd want it to be Uplay-only... :rolleyes:

And don´t forget that this hostage rescue is more or less just a glorified Capture the Flag game. Can you actually kill the hostage? NO, she (of course it is a she :p ) can be revived.