RKSL Studios is Proud to present the Second Release of the RKSLA3 Attachments Pack

This is the first of a series of Small Arms themed addons that I'm working on. Hopefully plenty more will appear in the coming years of Arma 3's life and this initial release will give you some indication of what I'm striving for in the long run. This addon adds a small selection of scope attachments to Arma 3, utilising the game's weapon customisation feature.

w5e6Fg8.png

Currently the pack contains four optical sights:

CHj2JsTl.png

The main aim of the pack is to reflect personal equipment available to members of the UK's Armed Forces and their weapon systems.

Full changelogs:

RKSL_LDS.pbo

• 0.01 Alpha - Initial "about time I shared it with somebody" version
  • 0.10 Beta - Full suite of LODs, more-or-less final textures/materials, calibrated reticle, made available in editor under Empty\Weapon Accessories
  • 1.00 Release - Packaged and signed for release as part of the @RKSL_attachments pack
  • 1.10 Internal - Darkened some parts of the LDS textures and adjusted specular map, increased size of reticle numerals
  • 1.20 Internal - Added fully illuminated reticle that can be activated with the "Zoom In" key
  • 1.50 Internal - Integrated BIS' new collimator shader technology for the CQB sight (Marksmen DLC)
  • 1.55 Internal - Reconfigured FOV/magnification values and reticle size according to the new baseline set by BIS (1x magnifaction changed from FOV = 0.375 to FOV = 0.25)
  • 1.80 Internal - Added dependancy on RKSL_attachments_core.pbo; to enable mod/DLC icons in Virtual Arsenal
  • 2.00 Release - Packaged and signed for the second release of @RKSL_attachments
  • 2.10 Internal - Added Cattegory and Subcategory parameters for use in Eden editor
  • 2.20 Internal - Increased emissive value of Shield CQB reticle in the .rvmat
  • 2.90 Internal - Fixed "author is not a value" error
  • 2.95 Internal - Slight adjustment to position
  • 3.00 Release - Packaged and signed for as part of the third RKSL_attachments pack release
  • 3.01 Release - Incorporated CBA Scripted 2D Optics features: New sight body graphics, PiP support, and reticle illumination (Default keyind is [Numpad 0])
  • 3.02 Release - Improved LDS optic overlays that work better with CBA Optics leaning/tilting

RKSL_PM_II.pbo

• 0.01 Alpha - Initial "check this out guys" version
  • 0.02 Alpha - Killflash added, proper UI pics, minor LOD tweaks
  • 0.10 Beta - Full suite of LODs, tweaked optics, made available in editor under Empty\Weapon Accessories
  • 1.00 Release - Packaged and signed for release as part of the @RKSL_attachments pack
  • 1.01 Internal - Improved mildot reticle
  • 1.20 Internal - Added a Trijicon RMR backup sight
  • 1.25 Internal - Made the top edges of the RMR frame more rounded in the Pilot LOD
  • 1.40 Internal - Added woodland and desert camo paint variants, changed display names to move the sights down the Arsenal list
  • 1.50 Internal - Integrated BIS' new collimator shader technology for the RMR (Marksmen DLC), recoloured camo paint variants to better match DLC weapons
  • 1.55 Internal - Reconfigured FOV/magnification values and reticle sizes according to the new baseline set by BIS (1x magnifaction changed from FOV = 0.375 to FOV = 0.25)
  • 1.80 Internal - Added dependancy on RKSL_attachments_core.pbo; to enable mod/DLC icons in Virtual Arsenal
  • 1.90 Internal - Recoloured woodland camo variant... again
  • 2.00 Release - Packaged and signed for the second release of @RKSL_attachments
  • 2.10 Internal - Added Cattegory and Subcategory parameters for use in Eden editor
  • 2.20 Internal - Fixed; .rvmat for RMR reticle shader was incorrectly pathed to rksl_rmr.pbo creating an unintended dependancy, increased emissive value
  • 2.95 Internal - Slight adjustment to position, changed vertex normal calculation method on turret caps
  • 3.00 Release - Packaged and signed for as part of the third RKSL_attachments pack release
  • 3.01 Release - Incorporated CBA Scripted 2D Optics features: Continuous zoom with reticle scaling, and PiP support
  • 3.02 Release - Fixed losing zeroing and magnification when leaving scope view,

RKSL_PM_525.pbo

• 0.01 Alpha - Initial ingame test build for the 5-25x reticle, using the old 3-12x50 PM II model
  • 0.05 Alpha - Reconfigured FOV/magnification values and reticle sizes according to the new baseline set by BIS (1x magnifaction changed from FOV = 0.375 to FOV = 0.25)
  • 1.00 Beta - First version with the correct 5-25x56 PM II/LP model and basic LODs
  • 1.10 Beta - Test version with camouflage texture variants
  • 1.20 Beta - Added dependancy on RKSL_attachments_core.pbo; to enable mod/DLC icons in Virtual Arsenal
  • 1.50 Beta - Full set of resolution LODs added
  • 2.95 Internal - Slight adjustment to position
  • 3.01 Release - Incorporated CBA Scripted 2D Optics features: Continuous zoom with reticle scaling, PiP support, and reticle illumination (Default keyind is [Numpad 0])
  • 3.02 Release - Fixed losing zeroing and magnification when leaving scope view, Added 1/2 mil ticks to mildot reticle

RKSL_RMR.pbo

• 1.00 Alpha - Initial "check this out guys" version
  • 1.10 Beta - Added version for mounting on handgun frames, added FDE coloured version
  • 1.15 Beta - Create optional RKSL_RMR_4Five addon for mounting the RMR on the standard NATO Heavy Pistol
  • 1.20 Beta - Made the top edges of the frame more rounded in the Pilot LOD
  • 1.50 Beta - Integrated BIS' new collimator shader technology (Marksmen DLC)
  • 1.55 Beta - Reconfigured FOV values to the new baseline set by BIS (1x magnifaction changed from FOV = 0.375 to FOV = 0.25)
  • 1.80 Beta - Added dependancy on RKSL_attachments_core.pbo; to enable mod/DLC icons in Virtual Arsenal
  • 2.00 Release - Packaged and signed for as part of the second RKSL_attachments pack release
  • 2.20 Interal - Increased emissive value of reticle in the .rvmat
  • 2.50 Internal - Added a new model with a RM33 rail mount
  • 2.95 Internal - Slight adjustment to position, configured handgun variants for new Joint Rails' handgun optic slots (RKSL_RMR_4Five.pbo is now deprecated)
  • 3.01 No changes to this package
  • 3.02 No changes to this package

RKSL_EOT552.pbo

• 2.00 Alpha - Initial "check this out guys" version
  • 2.10 Beta - First version with proper textures and materials
  • 2.20 Beta - Added RAL 7006 (coyote brown) texture variant
  • 2.50 Beta - Added full suite of resolution LODs
  • 2.80 Beta - Adjusted _co texture colours
  • 2.90 Beta - Fixed "author is not a value" error
  • 3.01 No changes to this package
  • 3.02 No changes to this package

Be sure to read the online documentation (pending) and readmes for classnames and where to find the attachments in the editor.

This addon addon requires the Community Base Addon!

Joint Rails is required to maximise compatibility with Arma 3 weapons: Not only official weapons, but community-made weapons as well if they incorporate the common rail platform. Joint Rails is included in Community Base Addons (CBA)

The RKSL Attachments Pack will hopefully be expanded to include more items in future - not limited to weapon scopes alone. The focus of the pack will likely continue to be to reflect equipment issued to UK Armed Forces, but additions will be made by the RKSL team on an ad-hoc basis, reflecting the current needs of our own projects and particular whims as addon makers.

We hope you enjoy it.

**Downloads**

v.3.02(c)

Download Mirror 1 - @STEAM Workshop

Download Mirror 2 - @RKSL Studios

I accept donations if you want to provide one, no matter how small. This is completely voluntary and I'll continue to work on addons regardless of whether people donate to me or not.

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

My ArtStation page for models in this project

• Like 3

Looks good mate! Cant wait to give them a try and see them on some nice British weapons :)

Looks good mate! Cant wait to give them a try and see them on some nice British weapons :)

what he said

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Congrats mate! Amazing quality work. Loving the LDS.

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Congrats da12th on yet another top quality release. Both sights are superb and complement the UKAF arsenal very nicely indeed.

http://i.imgur.com/ERKUvo7.png (419 kB)

Looks great on Kiory's L85!

Bayonets!!!

Looking great mate, looking forward to future releases! :)

any chance for a pw6 release?

It appears they've added it already

Thank you for the comments chaps.

Also, many thanks to Foxhound for providing the Armaholic mirrors.

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@rksl_attachments.png

@ RKSL Studios;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Congrats on the release. Really looking forward to trying these out. :cool:

Thanks

Very accurate job - thank you, guys!

My first impression of the LDS is: I think that the scale (size of numbers) is a little bit too small... maybe I need new contact lenses...

Nice looking scopes!

I do agree with Flipper on reticle text size. Would it also be possible to make 4x-mode NVG-compatible (or a separate version/pbo that is).

Thanks for adding awesome content to ArmA 3, much appreciated!

Great work! Really loving the LDS!

My first impression of the LDS is: I think that the scale (size of numbers) is a little bit too small... maybe I need new contact lenses...

I do agree with Flipper on reticle text size.

There are two limiting factors with regards to the overall scale of the reticle: FOV/magnification and ballistic calibration.

For the LDS I was pretty determined to make sure the FOV was as close as possible to making objects appeared magnified by 4× over the default shouldered/unsighted first person view, and that the reticle marks followed the bullet drop of the game's default 5.56mm ammunition (I used Hypnomatic's tracing script and VanZant's SteadyShot addon to sight in the scope as precisely as possible).

If I make the reticle larger overall, the BDC lines will stop following the 5.56mm ballistic trajectory, unless I adjust the FOV accordingly; which will mean the scope magnifies greater than 4×. I feel that would be kind of detrimental to the "feel" of the scope in reflecting the capabilities of the real one.

I might see about making the numbers a little larger or clearer, in later versions of the addon if a lot of people find it a problem, because I can appreciate the limits of screen resolution: A problem I've had with the 3-12×50 scope in the lowest magnification mode, is that some of the ultra-fine lines of the reticle disappear with certain screen resolutions due to nearest-pixel averaging being unable to handle how thin the lines are. Currently though, the small numbers seem to be fairly reminiscent of the real LDS' reticle (this also answers RobertHammer's question ;)) - I'll monitor feedback on the issue.

Edited by da12thMonkey

Looking great, looking forward to the next few releases

Fantastic add-on and really builds on the L85 and L129's authentic feel in our missions. Can't wait to see what else is in store.

Can't wait to see what else is in store.

On that note.. what else is in store? More optics? Other attachments?

On the note of the reticle.. my first comment on using the LDS was on how sharp and precise it was. Really like it! Good job

Great release mate. All awesome quality while still fitting with existing pieces nicely.

Looking forward to what else you have in store down the track.