poweruser

PowerServer & OFPMonitor: Multiplayer without Gamespy

Hey I need your help, I've been trying to join this server but I always get kicked off

http://i.imgur.com/b809FX0.png

It's because they play CTI and they lock the server at mission start so no one can join until a mission restart.

Also Geronimo may be limiting custom faces and sounds.

What is the exact message you get back when you join?

@Poweruser: How much work do you think it would be to add Gamespy protocol 2 support to PowerServer?

That depends on what you specifically want to see getting done through that. Support for dedicated ArmA1 and 2 server and for their clients a working in-game browser?

That depends on what you specifically want to see getting done through that. Support for dedicated ArmA1 and 2 server and for their clients a working in-game browser?

Exactly.

Alright, let me install ArmA1 and see what's necessary for it.

Is it any video of how to use OFP monitor. Like set auto briefing or just set mod folders.

Many people don't know how.

Always thank you for maintain OFP on line we love it.

I got around to fix the failing https connections (http error 403 - Forbidden) in OFPMonitor, which prevented the download of the master server list (and therefor the query of the master server for new installations, as they couldn't get it's IP) and the update information (which breaks the auto-updater). Both files are stored in the wiki repository on GitHub and are still present and accessible there through any other means (with a web browser, a few lines of Java code).

My guess is that they did "something" on their webserver(s), which caused it, as it has worked quite some time before that. Well, that is the price I pay for depending on them. I yet have no clue what this change is, or how to adapt my previous implementation (with the Indy 10 library) to it, to make it work again.

So I threw the Indy library overboard and started over with the WinINet API.

The fixed version is 1.7.4.0 and is available here:

https://github.com/Poweruser/OFPMonitor/releases/

• Like 1

New IP address for PFC masterserver is 213.92.133.197

To make your server visible in OFPmonitor you have to update reportingIP value in your server config file.

Updated the master server list, that feeds OFPMonitor.

And thank you again for still providing this service for everyone

• Like 1

Is the new masterserver down?

I cant see my server with the new masterserver ip.

[update 12.08, 14:04] Now i see my server - it's a problem from my ISP, i have a very high latency ping.

Just to inform - [LOL] Clowns of War server is still up, just not visible on OFP Monitor. Here is IP:

77.251.174.249:2322

There are a few more servers, that are either still reporting to gamespy or haven't noticed, that the community master server's IP had changed:

PioneerNet CTI Server - 109.238.81.81:2302

[GGC] xrofp CTI Server - 176.9.119.55:2405

Gamepower.at Serverhoster - 78.142.142.7:2500

CGS OFP Server - 96.89.191.129:2302

[ALC]ohol Server CZ - 77.93.208.5:2302 (private one though, requires a password)

If one you (whoever reads this) is in contact with their admins, maybe let them know.

Winter-Xmas Special 2016

Starts on  20.11.2016

Ends at    01.01.2017

New Server IP: 83.55.142.196

Port: 2602

Name: Official Winter-Xmas-Server 2016 by ArmA CWA v1.99
Addon-Download: wintercwa.zip

If you have Wintermissions for this Server, let me know!

(edit: updated ip)

Hello @poweruser. It seems current master server is down. I can host new one if needed. I wrote you an email few days ago without response. Feel free to ping me if any help is needed.

Hey retro, haven't seen you for a while. Oh, you registered just to post on here. Looks like my Thunderbird broke somehow or MS changed the required server login settings. Strange that it did not complain about that. And I was wondering, why everything was so quiet the whole time. Last email, I had gotten, was from Nov 16th, Sorry. Luckily this account here is registered on a different one.

So where to start ...

Yes, we do need a new one (at least for the mean time). PFC's website is offline as well, haven't gotten a notice from Rozek

First one to report was LP (Dec 23th), meaning it is that way for a week already. 

OK, I did few things.

I registered ofpisnotdead@yandex.com email and ofpisnotdead.com domain (based on that email, paid for 2 years) which I want to donate to OFP community. So feel free to ping me if someone is interested to join this community. The main goal is to not depend on one person. Everyone with access to that email should be able to operate with domain and master server.

I started ofpisnotdead.com community master server at master.ofpisnotdead.com (35.156.13.108 -> that's Elastic reserved IP, it will not change unless we will release it). It is hosted at AWS EC2 Frankfurt based nano instance (4.5$ per month).

My server called "# XR CTI Server" is already reporting to that master server. I think it can be also part of ofpisnotdead.com community in the future.

@poweruser feel free to add that master server to https://raw.githubusercontent.com/wiki/poweruser/ofpmonitor/masterservers.txt.

It will be nice to add some functionality to PowerServer so you can add servers manually (via some config file), so we can list all current servers and also servers not using new reportingIP (Pioneer, ALC, LOL, ...). Doing some reverse heartbeat (asking servers for state, instead of waiting for heartbeat) should be the key of this solution. I saw some command for that, but loading from file will be nice here.

If you'll get response from current master server maintainer (PFC, Rozek?), feel free to send him here.

I'm not sure if it is good idea to run two master server at the same time. Is it possible to share server lists across two PowerServers? If unification is the solution here, we can run rinetd to route PowerServer traffic to new ofpisnotdead.com community PowerServer.

Ahh it is already built in.

Edited by retrocz

2 hours ago, retrocz said:

@poweruser feel free to add that master server to https://raw.githubusercontent.com/wiki/poweruser/ofpmonitor/masterservers.txt.

Done

It will be nice to add some functionality to PowerServer so you can add servers manually (via some config file), so we can list all current servers and also servers not using new reportingIP (Pioneer, ALC, LOL, ...). Doing some reverse heartbeat (asking servers for state, instead of waiting for heartbeat) should be the key of this solution. I saw some command for that, but loading from file will be nice here.

There's the command 'addserver':

addserver opflashr <IP:QueryPort>

Example: addserver opflashr 50.3.86.141:2303

But loading them from a file, would be more handy, especially on a restart. And: saving the current ones before exit

3 minutes ago, poweruser said:

Done

There's ofpisnotdead.com, but the master server is running at master.ofpisnotdead.com (ofpisnotdead.com works now also, but it is not meant to be). Can you please change that?

4 minutes ago, poweruser said:

But loading them from a file, would be more handy, especially on a restart. And: saving the current ones before exit

There's no need to save them. Just to open some file at server start and run that addserver command for all lines. I can try to send you pull request, but I have no idea how to build PowerServer. I tried to import that into Netbeans without luck. Also there's no build script.