kasrkin85th

Ka-50 port from ARMA 2

You don't get it, do you. He has no permission to modify this helicopter. He is not working with "originals". He illegally ripped the model and has been working on it, and went public because Randy Stratton died and can't contest it. There are people who have the unbinarized source files, that have permission to use and modify this helicopter, and they are currently working to do so. Just because Randy gave somebody permission to release it under APL or APL-SA doesn't mean Kasrkin can continue to rip Randy's work, because newsflash, APL-SA doesn't require you to release the unbinarized files and neither does APL.

to make things clear from my side:

-i dont went public because randy cant say "no" anymore it was done do get attention from some one who is now responsible for his work---> as stated before

-i stated that the work will continue that doesnt mean it gets release without a go ahead/permission

-i do not intend to release it without proper permission or a "go ahead" from one of the guys randy was close to (wrote couple messages in the last days)

-i really would like to work with the source files but everyone i asked and responded until now doesn´t have it. not even the CUP guys had all the files but they got permission. so in a way they have to do the same "ripping"

as you can see here http://abload.de/image.php?img=ka-50randyexbm3.jpg randy had no problem that someone is working on its stuff and releasing it to the public even with the source files

why should he have a problem with me doing nearly the same thing, for the joy of us all? i dont charge money for it, i dont say that all of the ka-50 mod is my work. i dont know randy myself and i think you didn´t either could tell what he would say. i know that the permission he gave to CUP is no proper permission for my work and i´m not saying that i release it to the public without veryfying with a now responsible person! so darkhorse 1-6 remain calm, no one is getting hurt if work on it continue even if, in the end the work was just for myself. its nice to actually work on it and learn a bit about modding, config´s and stuff

Here's the story. Kasrkin illegally ripped the A2 version of this helicopter. He's been modifying it and apparently decided he was going to release it. Now, because there was no readme (and no license) included with the original file (link here) it means that the license = All Rights Reserved. Essentially, the most restrictive license that does not allow for any modification. If Kasrkin wishes to continue working on/release a KA-50 based off Randy's bird, he must stop his current work and wait until the legal versions that have the proper permissions are released by the people that have said permissions. Then he must modify *their* work, if the license they use allows for it.

Basically, he grabbed a helicopter off of ArmAholic, used an illegal debinarize tool, and has been updating it to A3 without permissions.

Yes, but only after mine was posted and it refreshed the page. Your post doesn't change anything. You still illegally ripped the work. As for the screenshot you posted, I already know of this. I was talking to Aoi in skype yesterday about his attempts to get the KA-50, before I was even aware of your thread. I pointed him to several people that I know are in possession of the mlods. The thing is, is that you don't have anything to do with CUP, so you cannot use their permissions. It doesn't matter that you just found out that the source files will be released in the future, because when you created this thread you did so without that knowledge, having ripped the KA-50 from the A2 download.

To quote the forum rules you accepted when you joined...

§19) Posting addon/mod other content without permission

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community, people work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. There are a few simple rules in place to provide the respect to these creative people/groups that they deserve:

The first and most fundamental rule is that you must seek permission to alter someone's work, to mirror it or use it in any way other than for personal use. No permission, no editing, no mirroring, no adding to your mod pack, no editing and sharing around your private squad, none of that is acceptable.

Obviously we cannot unfortunately control what people do outside of these forums, however on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission and we receive a complaint then the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved and the forum member(s) risks being permanently banned from these forums for taking someone's work without permission.

This isn't just limited to re-using content in addons/mods/missions however, it's not acceptable to edit someone's work without permission and then to post screenshots of it on the forums (even if the edited addon/mod is purely for personal use), it's also not acceptable to edit someone's work, or use someone's work in any way that you don't have permission for and then to create videos which you post on these forums, doing any of the above without the permission of the original creators risks a permanent ban, for individuals, for whole mod teams or squads.

You can modify the KA-50 if and when it is released by Aoi (or someone else with the permission to do so) under the appropriate license. Until such time, you may not create a thread about your personal use edit, you may not show screenshots of the ripped work, etc. etc.

1. just for notice first post edited.

2. if it is not allowed to open a addon discussion thread to get attention for a project(thought that worked out in a way huih?! ) how would i´ve ever be know that randy past away?

-i opened the thread after waiting 2 months or so for reply of randy

-so i checked his last online date, it was quiet some time in the past

-i thought maybe he quited work on ArmA modding(dont even guessed he passed away) (no info on the profile page or whatever

-in the opening post this info was included that permission is pending. a bit later i got contacted from bad benson that randy died---> so i edited the first post.

-after your initial posts regarding the permission i did wrote couple guys messages regarding this issue.

-didnt know that tools that are avaible on armaholic/armedassault.info are illegal (only used tools from the kegety´s tool package.

3. in regards of the forum rules you are right, but they are not specify what to do/not to do if someone passed away.

4. it would have been more helpful if you stated before that you know some guys who have the source files and the permission already that i could get in contact with them :-) this what you have done right know. pointing with a finger and say "you are the devil. burn!" was rude and did not solve any of the problems. i´m not a bad person and i was not intending to steal something just preserve work and carry it on to the next gen. adding to this point i have also blame my self to not getting in contact with you by myself, but there was no info in your initial posts that you know the guys who already have permission and the source files.

Edited by Kasrkin85th

Okay, I think I'm going to back out of this. I hadn't the faintest idea and even if it's not the case I still don't want to be involved in the controversy.

I hope you guys resolve this in a civil manner. Peace out.

4. it would have been more helpful if you stated before that you know some guys who have the source files and the permission already that i could get in contact with them :-)
Nope. Because they can't give you permission to rip it either, and they can't hand you the source files. Aoi got permission from Randy to use his KA-50, but Randy passed away before he could send him the source files. There are people who were previously given permission to use it, and Aoi can get the files from them because *he has permission*. You, however, cannot get the source files from them because you do not have permission. You may only modify the helicopter if Aoi or CUP release it with a license that allows you to do so. End of story.

Permission for this port is pending

if no permission is given, Project will be aborted!

everyone knows randy died.. right?

and as one of the people who knew randy since 2006.. i can safely say.. he'd be happy to see his work continued. but that is just my opinion.

so good luck.

There's the KA-50 included in the A2 APL package, that's your best bet if you don't want to wait until Aoi gets it done, I'm afraid.

hmpf that is the 2 seater as far as i know. lets see what happens. for now it is on hold.

No, there was a KA-52, but the APL files include a KA-50. Here's an old screenshot of a community modification of it. http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/3-ka50_rus_cma_01.jpg

It's going to be on hold for quite some time, I'm afraid. Loki told you the same thing I'm telling you, and Aoi also refused when you tried to get him to either hand over the mlods or point you to the people who have them. Give up, you're not going to win this. The only solution is to wait until Aoi releases the unbinarized source files at some point in the future, and modify *them*. (As Loki told you.)

i say it is on hold if it be for "quite some time" so be it. next thing, Loki told me not the same thing as you told me neither did Aoi "refused" to hand over the mlods or other source files he just did not have them until now. he also did not refused to point me in the direction to the people who have the files! just stop saying thngs that aren´t true! there are few other possibilities you forgot to mention until they are checked, i do not give up.

Edited by Kasrkin85th

Do I need to quote the PM? You went to Aoi trying to get the files.

He gave me permission because he knew me. I've seen your posts in BIF defending your actions. The answer is no, I am unable to give permission for someone else's work, even after he died.

You do not have permissions, and you cannot get permissions because Randy is dead. Just because Aoi has permissions does not mean you can use his. He has permission to modify the work and then release it under APL/APL-SA. Until such time as he does so, you do not have any other possibilities, you do not have any other options, end of story. Now please, drop it.

there are other options that will be checked with Loki and Aoi and will also be checked with other guys close to randy--->as stated before.

even the "quote" you posted was not used in a conversation with me. my conversion with him and Loki via skype went slightly different. but i do not discuss it any further in this thread, especially with you.

I won't get involved in this - let me just make clear that everyone should leave the Community Upgrade Project out of it so far.

If one day the Ka50 model will end up in CUP, then is the time to have CUP become relevant at all - for now not.

For the record:

CUP has the policy of APL-SA for every content made available as part of CUP and this includes making the source files available.

This means as long as someone sticks to the same license and same policy, anyone can make use of the data made available by CUP.

edit : -sry, wrong post-

Edited by Orcowar

Aoi here, I'm staying neutral on this. If Randy's next of kin give permission, then that's cleared in my book. I personally can not give permission or MLODs. If/when it gets released by CUP as APL-SA, then go from there, however as kju said, CUP is to be left out of this. This is not a CUP matter, or my prerogative, this is strictly based on if he can get permission from those who can give permission. Loki is right that Randy would have not given a fuck, but leave me out of it. I can not give permission or MLODS.

As replying to your PM - Randy did give me permission from when I posted in his thread about it crashing on the later release of OA and then wanting to port to A3.

Though this was not a written permission, it was over Skype which obviously doesnt count I think, he just said to me that it was lying around on his HD doing nothing and

if I wanted to try to fix it so it worked again then ok, I do have the source files though no written permissions. I suggest trying to contact a member of staff here or

trying to contact his wife who knew much about his work here on BIS etc.

Though if you do get permission, I suggest you do not only a good job but perfect job and in memory of Randy.

:)

Looks good man, keep it up. It'd good to see rstratton's stuff still be used as it was really high quality.

also will contact a Mod to lock the thrread until then.

i´m in progress to porting the Ka-50 rstratton did for arma 2 to arma 3.

all credit regarding model and templates go to him

unfortunatly rstratton passed away in early 2014 (sad to hear that :-( ) so i maybe never be able to fix all problems.

Just to remind you that I`m the rightfull owner of Ka-50 (model/texture), I`ve modeled and textured it. Randy did everything to get it into Arma 2. I`m greatfull fto him for that.

So this model is still available? This guy ported it for arma 3 @3dartist should be gratefull for that.

also will contact a Mod to lock the thrread until then.

Hello guys,

i´m in progress to porting the Ka-50 rstratton did for arma 2 to arma 3.

all credit regarding model and templates go to him

unfortunatly rstratton passed away in early 2014 (sad to hear that :-( ) so i maybe never be able to fix all problems.

the porting went well so far there is still a log way to go, but netherless i show you guys a pic^^.

the skin is a clan internal one, this should be replaced with a proper CSAT skin. maybe some one is interessted to do the skin. (i´ve the templates)

2014-05-03_00006i8zet.jpg

beta14uzn4.jpg

beta2w6l91.jpg

beta34tlct.jpg

(screens looking really bad after compressing :-( )

this is the first mod/porting i ever did for ARMA so i´ve to learn many stuff and have to ask stupid questions^^

todo:

-guncam view for pilot

-fix flare dispens issue (the left one dispense in the right direction and the right one in the left direction for a reason unknown yet)

-add proper sounds (maybe someone has ka-50 sounds?)

-add csat skin (could use someone to do it)

-fixing door issue(door stays open if AI flies the ka-50)

-etc

As the owner of the model I`m giving the premission. It looks really great! Make it great in Randy`s memoery!!! 

You can see this model also on my website: www.oleg-kovalev.com 

P.S. Sorry for such late reply, didnt visit my pm section for a long time.

So this model is still available? This guy ported it for arma 3 @3dartist should be gratefull for that.

I am greatfull.

• Like 2

@3dartist: thx for the reply. but i stopped working on it. and does not transfer the data from my old PC. to much heat and bad blood for my taste. maybe RHS Mod is interessted in porting your model to Arma 3.

• Like 1

do you wish for this topic to be locked if you're no longer continuing?

• Like 1