kasrkin85th

Ka-50 port from ARMA 2

Permission for this port is pending

if no permission is given, Project will be aborted!

also will contact a Mod to lock the thrread until then.

Hello guys,

i´m in progress to porting the Ka-50 rstratton did for arma 2 to arma 3.

all credit regarding model and templates go to him

unfortunatly rstratton passed away in early 2014 (sad to hear that :-( ) so i maybe never be able to fix all problems.

the porting went well so far there is still a log way to go, but netherless i show you guys a pic^^.

the skin is a clan internal one, this should be replaced with a proper CSAT skin. maybe some one is interessted to do the skin. (i´ve the templates)

2014-05-03_00006i8zet.jpg

beta14uzn4.jpg

beta2w6l91.jpg

beta34tlct.jpg

(screens looking really bad after compressing :-( )

this is the first mod/porting i ever did for ARMA so i´ve to learn many stuff and have to ask stupid questions^^

todo:

-guncam view for pilot

-fix flare dispens issue (the left one dispense in the right direction and the right one in the left direction for a reason unknown yet)

-add proper sounds (maybe someone has ka-50 sounds?)

-add csat skin (could use someone to do it)

-fixing door issue(door stays open if AI flies the ka-50)

-etc

Edited by Kasrkin85th

I've been looking at porting the Ka-50 myself for my mod, and I even have a modified model sitting in my HDD but with nothing else done (I'm bad at porting.)

I could probably do the CSAT skin for you and I'm not sure if I can just pluck the sounds out of the A2 PBOs.

for now i have a reference in the cfg to use the mi-48 sounds from jsrs mod. so it will make noise if you have that mod installed

that would be awesome if you can do the CSAT skin.

what do you mean with "I even have a modified model "

EDIT: for what ever reason the template upload doesnt work but you can download them from here:

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=1402&setlang=de

@wolfgarth: maybe later. for now it will be CSAT and it will be called "Werewolf" (plan to include nightfighting ability and some other modern stuff done by CSAT arms industrie)

for now i have a reference in the cfg to use the mi-48 sounds from jsrs mod. so it will make noise if you have that mod installed

that would be awesome if you can do the CSAT skin.

what do you mean with "I even have a modified model "

EDIT: for what ever reason the template upload doesnt work but you can download them from here:

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=1402&setlang=de

Basically I clipped off the second rotor and the side gun, and then moved the landing gear back so I could put an Apache gun on the front in what may be the Frankenstein of helicopters.

you did what?! NOOOOOOO blasphemy :-D

You are too late to stop me, mere mortal. The damage is done and the space between dimensions has been irreversably torn.

You are too late to stop me, mere mortal. The damage is done and the space between dimensions has been irreversably torn.

crazy kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

I can add sounds to it if you like I got the KA-50's audio production sounds from DCS that actually work great in Arma 3

i know the sounds^^ i have dcs myself. that would be awesome. what du you need?

Sorry to hear that he passed away. :(

So there is a model beside BI basic KA-50/52 for A2?

Keep up mate great work

How about bringing one of these for us?

This is for a separate mod, but only tangentially related which is why I brought it up (also because I like to joke around with people.) I'm actually here doing the CSAT texture for OP.

The only thing I need is the vehicle classname basically, I have everything else

The only thing I need is the vehicle classname basically, I have everything else

could you specify this? what do you mean you have everthing else? you also can send me a PM :-)

cockpitneapm.jpg

removed HUD and added HMD to have flight info in view if you look out the window to the left or right

sneaking around:

blackschark6ibgf.jpg

EDIT:

right know i´m working on including the weapons into the mod (until now south zagorian mod is needed that all weapons work)

this will also include reactivating the proxies for the unguided rockets and a new 30mm sound

EDIT2:

the speed values for the weapons (missiles )are they in kmph or in m/s?

Edited by Kasrkin85th

I know that you're giving credit, but do you have permissions?

(Yes, I know Randy has passed away. That doesn't mean you don't need permissions. His family are reportedly working on sending his files to his friends in the community, and where it goes from that I couldn't possibly tell you.)

for now i´ve no given permission. still trying to figure out which person to contact. i dont know if its really appropriate to contact his family to get permission or the source files. i hoped that maybe the person who is responsible for the ka-50 (and may has the source files now) see the thread and get in contact with me. was only contacted by one person in this regard (who has permission from randy but not the mlods) who asked me for the mlods (that i dont have)

i´m also in no hurry and there is a quiet a bit of work to do. so i ve enough time to figure it out *hope* :-)

EDIT: i already learned that he gave for example he CUP mod the permission to release it under the APL/APL-SA License. so for now until i got a "no go" work will continue

Edited by Kasrkin85th

EDIT: i already learned that he gave for example he CUP mod the permission to release it under the APL/APL-SA License. so for now until i got a "no go" work will continue

Except those permissions were for CUP, not you. The model is not a BI model, by the way, so the current APL/APL-SA licenses don't apply. (I know you meant CUP can release under that license, but I was simply letting you know it's not a BI model) There are several people (The ACE mod included) who have permission to use the model. You are not one of them.

I don't see how APL/APL-SA are not relevant if it isn't a BI model. If the KA-50 is given permission to be released under such a license, then that work may be re-used/modified in accord with the license.

That would still leave the technicality that CUP has yet to actually release the work under that license and that he is working with originals, not the CUP version.

I don't see how APL/APL-SA are not relevant if it isn't a BI model. If the KA-50 is given permission to be released under such a license, then that work may be re-used/modified in accord with the license.

That would still leave the technicality that CUP has yet to actually release the work under that license and that he is working with originals, not the CUP version.

You don't get it, do you. He has no permission to modify this helicopter. He is not working with "originals". He illegally ripped the model and has been working on it, and went public because Randy Stratton died and can't contest it. There are people who have the unbinarized source files, that have permission to use and modify this helicopter, and they are currently working to do so. Just because Randy gave somebody permission to release it under APL or APL-SA doesn't mean Kasrkin can continue to rip Randy's work, because newsflash, APL-SA doesn't require you to release the unbinarized files and neither does APL.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

No, I get it quite clearly, so ease up on the tone there as It isn't called for. Kindly check your emotion at the door and dont confuse posts not agreeing 100% with yours as agreeing 100% with someone else's

APL and APL-SA allow the work to be used. Yes, they don't require unbinarized work to be released, hence my point that he would still technically be in violation unless he actually used what was released as part of CUP.

So my point stands. APL is relevant and might allow him to use/refistribute the KA-50, but would not technically allow him to do what he wants to do.

So I want to get this straight before I keep helping OP with the thing. I'll be watching to see the decision made.

Had no idea about the origins of this.