SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

Just wondering..will the polarized version of the marine helmet be added in?

Yes that's exactly what I was thinking of, Is it currently in game or did I just see it somewhere?

Yes, its ingame.

Yes, its ingame.

Does It spawn on a particular unit or can it be accessed through the VA?

i believe it was disabled for VA but you should be able to spawn it in editor. go to unsc>odst>recruit or instructor

Yeah haven't been able to find it in the editor either but I did find the class name so I just added it manually.

Make an edit for it the makes the stock skinny and more skeleton like as well as a more detailed magazine well and we'll get it in

http://media.moddb.com/images/members/1/542/541153/HMG-38-concept.3.jpg

Did a custom more detailed magazine, but this is just for reference you don't need to copy it all exactly. About the stock being more skinny and skeleton like, the actual one is quite similar to the one from the comic and has some more futuristic/modern looks, the one from the comic is quite plain. But if you want it skinny and more skeleton like, you can still use it as reference and just delete some parts so it will loose size/volume and it will look that way. I also took the freedom to add the original comic image for comparison purposes, and I did another similar concept with real world parts of weapons. I used the same web page that was used to create this: https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2689/4057634700_a2759d6545_z.jpg?zz=1

Just wondering..will the polarized version of the marine helmet be added in?

No, sorry. Their helmets will remain depolarized.

You know what you are going to have on the long/short swords yet, still down the road they ways i figure i was just curious, that and the discussion of gunships role, hornet taking the place of little bird being light support, and armed pelican always nice, but any dedicated Gunships, there are a few from the era of pre-covie, i saw a discussion somewhere previous a few weeks ago, couldn't find it again tho

You know what you are going to have on the long/short swords yet, still down the road they ways i figure i was just curious, that and the discussion of gunships role, hornet taking the place of little bird being light support, and armed pelican always nice, but any dedicated Gunships, there are a few from the era of pre-covie, i saw a discussion somewhere previous a few weeks ago, couldn't find it again tho

I also can't wait for the longsword, that thing is going to be huge! But I think they are going to introduce the Gladius first unless they have done progress with the longsword, not sure if they have already started modeling it or if they are going to use a model from someone else and make it higher poly.

When It comes to gunships, yeah we were discussing if the sparrowhawk should be added. At first I really supported the idea but there are some problems with it:

- It has capacity only for 1 pilot, which means that it's not going to be able to move the turret due to the way Arma 3 works (That's the problem with the falcon too). The cockpit could be edited to allow 1 pilot and 1 co-pilot to fit in, but that would change its design and it would differ from its original looks.

- The landing gear it's very strange and overall the design is quite awkward, I tried to workaround with it to make it look more like an actual gunship, but still the devs were not happy with it.

- It uses laser weaponry, and that would have to be changed too.

The Pelican would be a good gunship though, the only problem is that due to it's size its quite vulnerable. It withstands infantry and light vehicles quite well, so it would work great as a CAS gunship supporting infantry, it is hard to take one of these down. And while the machinegun turret would work really well, the rockets and missiles would not be stable as they are placed below the wings, and those wings move when it flies. so for example, you would have 1 rocket pod facing upwards, and the other downwards. Trying to aim with that is going to limit the maneuverability of the aircraft, and even tanks could be able to hit it and destroy it before the pelican positions itself to aim and fire the scorpion correctly. against infantry and light vehicles that would not be a problem at all, so its going to be a gunship to support infantry and eliminate hostile infantry, but not really for hunting down heavier vehicles.

Then my suggestin would be, since the devs plan to add the hornet, they could make a heavier variant of it with AT and AA missiles.

http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2011/306/f/6/mv_14b_hornet_by_splinteredmatt-d4etql0.png

I think that would be an effective and easy fix, and it would fill in that gap. Of course it would loose the transport capabilities of the normal hornet.

To sum up we would have:

Pelican - MI-24D Hind

Falcon - UH-60 Black hawk with an additional fixed frontal weapon.

Hornet - AH-6/MH-6 Littlebird

Super Hornet (AV-14B Super Hornet) - KA-52 Alligator

The KA-52 Alligator its basically a tank hunter that lacks any turret, but instead it has fixed mounted machineguns, rockets and missiles. I really hope the devs like this idea.

Edited by nightovizard

I believe somewhere (might be a book or comic) there was a Hawk with i believe a gauss variant, which could make it possible, and if the guns use a system similar to the manual fire, it might be possible to use it. but i wouldnt complain with what ever we get. The hornet isnt a bad idea either, But for the pelican i believe the pods are part of the super structure, so they arent apart of the actually moving wings. but if it is part of the wings the pelican would have to be used in a standoff position to be effective, that or hovering very close to fight, similar in the halo 3 mission when they engage the phantoms. On the gladius the armament is gonna be pretty strong if they decide that over the longsword, being the glad has 110mm gun and assorted missles bombs, longsword has more armaments but itll be interchangle and still true to lore, like the 50mm and what not, might not be as one sided as the gladius. short sword will be nice lots of bombs and a reasonable cannon mount. Also,

I also forgot to mention BroadSword could be possble, it was around early in the lore, just not as common i dont think.

Edited by CipherV

This mod is amazing!!

HALO is my favorite game of all time!!

I'd love to contribute if you need anything in the script department. I'm also working on a ALiVE Insurgency style mission, with your permission, could I release it public when I'm done.

seriously, this is soo well done i am seriously considering changing my whole group to UNSC.

On the gladius the armament is gonna be pretty strong if they decide that over the longsword, being the glad has 110mm gun and assorted missles bombs, longsword has more armaments but itll be interchangle and still true to lore, like the 50mm and what not, might not be as one sided as the gladius. short sword will be nice lots of bombs and a reasonable cannon mount. Also,

I also forgot to mention BroadSword could be possble, it was around early in the lore, just not as common i dont think.

*cough* Nukes *cough*

...Please?

*cough* Nukes *cough*

...Please?

I mean, nukes coulda been pretty useful in the scenario i was just in, but thats pretty much what the glad, and longsword were used for. vs the broadsword dedicated CAP, and shortsword Conventional carpet bombing for the most part, but still capable of the nuke payload

I mean, nukes coulda been pretty useful in the scenario i was just in, but thats pretty much what the glad, and longsword were used for. vs the broadsword dedicated CAP, and shortsword Conventional carpet bombing for the most part, but still capable of the nuke payload

Even if we didn't have a working nuke, we could use a object of one (HAVOK or something) for mission makers.

EDIT: Also, I see you two are new to the forums, welcome.

Even if we didn't have a working nuke, we could use a object of one (HAVOK or something) for mission makers.

EDIT: Also, I see you two are new to the forums, welcome.

Yeah, finally decided to put my two sense into stuff after a decade+ of bohemia. thanks for the welcome. But if we see a nuke (prob. not from this mod) i could see it being implemented alot with TEI being either an inni terrorist attack or last resort of unsc on an OP of somesort

http://puu.sh/gPEds.jpg (664 kB)

Hallways are coming along nicely.

Looks sweet.

Not sure on the setting/location of these particular halls etc. so that might explain it, but is it maybe abit too beaten up?

Not sure on the setting/location of these particular halls etc. so that might explain it, but is it maybe abit too beaten up?

I think it is the Frigate's interior.

I too thought it looked a bit gray and beaten; I think it's the shade of gray that gives it that look even though that's what it looks like in the Pillar of Autumn and Cairo Station.

Edited by FrostyWheats
Grammar cause late night

*cough* Nukes *cough*

...Please?

While it wouldn't be used often, I'm pretty sure there are existing mods with nukes that we could combine with this. Literally a mission where you fly the Longsword and drop a nuke on the remaining enemy stronghold and RTB. That would be pretty damn cool.

I think it is the Frigate's interior.

I too thought it looked a bit gray and beaten; I think it's the shade of gray that gives it that look even though that's what it looks like in the Pillar of Autumn and Cairo Station.

I myself think that it just looks too worn, I played around in GIMP and after getting rid of alot of the wear the hallway looks a lot better. I'd say about 80% less wear should do the trick, after all yes it's a spaceship, but these ships are supposed to be the top of the line frigates of the UNSC and I have yet to see pictures of an active duty warship with paint that chipped. That sort of wear seems more like what I'd find in an insurrection ship or a much older colonial militia hand-me-down than it does a fresh from the dockyards of Reach Frigate.

I myself think that it just looks too worn, I played around in GIMP and after getting rid of alot of the wear the hallway looks a lot better. I'd say about 80% less wear should do the trick, after all yes it's a spaceship, but these ships are supposed to be the top of the line frigates of the UNSC and I have yet to see pictures of an active duty warship with paint that chipped. That sort of wear seems more like what I'd find in an insurrection ship or a much older colonial militia hand-me-down than it does a fresh from the dockyards of Reach Frigate.

I would have to agree, a bit too much wear and tear on this.