theevancat

The CSAT Modification Project (Release)

I get a texture load error. Sorry, but I can't remember which unit it was specifically.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture c:\users\evan\desktop\modding\arma 3\files\projects\csat\penah\tgas\helm_arid.paa.

Okay, try this hotfix.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/d3n8d386fz8pfk1/%40TEC_CSAT.zip

Thanks for informing us about the hotfix version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hey man do we have groups for this one yet?

Not yet. Planning on it soon.

Meanwhile, while I get the Vodniks to port (because they're temperamental and don't want to port), I'm using the Strider as an interim vehicle (called the Shar IFMV.)

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3281181583605958544/C34DB8FBE41887B47BDA956A1A01D821D829498B/

Edited by TheEvanCat

Hey man I am downloading this right now! Do you have any plans/ideas for altering CSATs primary infantry rifle? The Katiba is nice but if it could be managed something new and uniqely Iranian (CSAT) would be neat. Maybe a futuristic QBZ or un upgraded AK12? Just some thoughts! Thanks for this!

New update v1.1.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@tec_csat.png

Fantastic work! My only suggestion is that you partially desaturate the Iranian flags(or recolor them to olive drab/dark green or dark green/black). Right now, the colors stand out a little too brightly and really attract one's attention straight to the flag and nowhere else. It could also compromise them in instances such as woodland or low light combat because of how bright the colors are.

Fantastic work! My only suggestion is that you partially desaturate the Iranian flags(or recolor them to olive drab/dark green or dark green/black). Right now, the colors stand out a little too brightly and really attract one's attention straight to the flag and nowhere else. It could also compromise them in instances such as woodland or low light combat because of how bright the colors are.

I think I have a variant around somewhere with desaturated flags.

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3278928434325447695/14AB8420523E4010FBF0770435460EDC6B26C93B/

Dunno if it makes too much of a difference.

Meanwhile, 1.2 is plagued with issues relating to configs for static weapons. If you can help, just say so.

Mortars are a go and most static weapons are already in. I just have some more work to do, even if it looks like the Navy won't be making it in this patch (I'm not happy with how the uniform is looking and I'm going to try and work on another shade of navy-blue.)

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3260916571855095497/2525801D837E75ACAA4B8963BA1AF291A4ED4086/

Groups are a bit of an issue right now, especially since I'm lacking recon and SOF units. However, baseline groups may be included.

Groups are the main thing Im waiting on before ill use this full time for a CSAT replacement.

Groups are a bit of an issue right now, especially since I'm lacking recon and SOF units. However, baseline groups may be included.

First of all great work.

Lack of recon and SF units should not be an issue to create infantry groups of 8, 4, and 2 units.

This would e.g. allow the units to be easily used as oponents in MCC.

A replacement package to replace default CSAT units would even be better :-)

i started to give it a try myself but due to lack of experience and time I got stuck.

First of all great work.

Lack of recon and SF units should not be an issue to create infantry groups of 8, 4, and 2 units.

This would e.g. allow the units to be easily used as oponents in MCC.

A replacement package to replace default CSAT units would even be better :-)

i started to give it a try myself but due to lack of experience and time I got stuck.

My plan is to finish up doing static weapons (static AA and AT, which are giving me a massive pain in the ass) and then finish crewing the vehicles. Then I gotta figure out why the vehicles aren't showing up in Zeus (they were before so it's probably just a misplaced comma in the config or something stupid) and do some aviation work with pilot uniforms. Then I'll do some groups.

I was wondering if you made the units "Indpendent" (side =2) on purpose, or if they perhaps were supposed to be "East" (side = 0) anyway and this is a bug?

I also noticed that the "Semi-Arid Officer combat" has the wrong helmet (arid instead of semi-arid helmet).

I was wondering if you made the units "Indpendent" (side =2) on purpose, or if they perhaps were supposed to be "East" (side = 0) anyway and this is a bug?

I also noticed that the "Semi-Arid Officer combat" has the wrong helmet (arid instead of semi-arid helmet).

Yeah, that was me thinking that 1 meant West, 2 meant East, and 3 meant Indie. I think I fixed that. I also fixed the helmet for the next release.

EDIT: This is probably a holdover from the Independent uniform that the config bases itself on. The units I think are still OPFOR.

Edited by TheEvanCat

Finishing up vehicle crewing for the most part. Gotta do CSAT air vehicles and their crew (as well as ground crew with multicolored jerseys.) Still working on groups.

Happy last day of May, guys. Here's a present.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6kg44ba6pkcc4d9/%40TEC_CSAT.zip

> Fixed iranarmy.paa to remove line at the right-hand-side.

> Fixed texture issues with UAV/Operations bags.

> Fixed pictures for backpacks.

> Fixed Penah clipping issues.

> Fixed wrong Penah color for Officer (Combat) in Men (Semiarid.)

> Fixed specialized backpacks showing in editor.

> Fixed missing Penah flag and inverted patch faces.

> Fixed drone assembling into vanilla backpack.

> Fixed config scope, changing from Independent to OPFOR.

> Replaced CSAT emblem with Iranian Armed Forces emblem for TEC_CSAT faction.

> Replaced beret model.

> Added crewed vehicles (cars, supports, armor, ships.)

> Added bags and support troops for static weapons (mortar, HMG, GMG, Titans.)

> Added Shar IFMV (retextured Strider) with GMG/HMG variants.

> Added ghillie suits.

> Added CSAT tac vests.

> Added Men (Navy) with various equipment (uniforms, headgear.)

> Added two variants of Sniper and Spotter to Men (Sniper) class.

> Added classname list to modfolder.

> Added some groups for what I have thus far. The rest will come later when everything else is finished up.