M77a Jaguar

M9 Wolverine

CAR:

M12 Warthog

M274 Mongoose

M1087 EMTV

STATIC:

UNSC Charon-class frigate

UNSC Mako-class corvette (Rebel controlled)

Terrains

There are currently no plans for terrains, considering I have no clue how to make them.

If I did, it would most likely be a Terbius Island styled island with Insurrectionist and CMA camps.

As well as a New Mombassa city map, that would interesting and fun to play on.

Further notes:

Most of the weapons and vehicles will be shared amongst all factions considering the lack of variety amongst the universe.

Screenshots:

ODST Uniform:

http://i.imgur.com/7zEXmNr.jpg

Br55:

http://i.imgur.com/lNDOdD6.png

Happy modding.

SpaceNavy,

ArmA'ing since '09

Edited by spacenavy90

Sounds to me like you're going to be breaking a ton of copyright here.

Aw I do hope this doesn't get pile driven by copyrights, I need some Halo in my ArmA.

It will. MS doesn't like it's IP on rival platforms.

It will. MS doesn't like it's IP on rival platforms.

But I've seen Halo mods for other games, Sins of the Solar Empire has a great Halo mod.

First off OP, good job on a unique Halo pre war idea. Let's get to it: There are Halo mods for other games. Copyright probably won't be an issue. Second off OP: How would you handle ODSTs? Could you code hot drops?

I do not enjoy the "crown of light" word. So I will not being using it when referring to the mod. Ever.

Copyright is a possibility, especially if entered in the contest for a cash prize but unlikely. Even if I am not able to enter this into the contest, I will still work on it.

As for the ODST drop pods, I have some ideas involving a heavy script-required AI driven helicopter as a work around.

There are some other ideas I have and I have no doubts that it can be done but it will not be easy at all.

It will just require heavy scripting and I'll have to request some help from more experienced scripters.

Edited by spacenavy90

Just a heads up, you probably won't be able to get experienced scripters to join you. It's a Halo mod, plain and simple. Same equipment, same IP, same names for things. There's no getting around it. MS brings down the hammer on small mods that don't have any money at stake, so this one, where a buttload of money is at stake, you have no chance. Also, as you're planning to run for MANW, I wouldn't expect too much help from experienced people on these forums, because you'd be making money off their advice/assistance, and until MANW is over it's starting to appear a bit like every man for himself.

Good luck, but I reeeaaaaally don't think this is going to go anywhere.

You know, two or three sentences of backstory would've been more than enough.

Just a heads up, you probably won't be able to get experienced scripters to join you. It's a Halo mod, plain and simple. Same equipment, same IP, same names for things. There's no getting around it. MS brings down the hammer on small mods that don't have any money at stake, so this one, where a buttload of money is at stake, you have no chance. Also, as you're planning to run for MANW, I wouldn't expect too much help from experienced people on these forums, because you'd be making money off their advice/assistance, and until MANW is over it's starting to appear a bit like every man for himself.

Good luck, but I reeeaaaaally don't think this is going to go anywhere.

And, yeah, what he said^

I am "officially" withdrawing my entry from the contest.

As people believe this project is too controversial when it comes to copyright issues.

This being said, the last time Microsoft even acted on a Halo fan-made modification was back in 2006 on Halogen.

This was because they were at the time working on Halo Wars and did not want the competition it posed.

Fans have been making Halo mods for a long time since then. Including (but not exclusively) Sins of the Prophets, a modification for the space naval tactics game Sins of a Solar Empire; and the Covenant at War mod for Star Wars: Empire at War.

Being how Arma 3 is a realistic, tactical simulation I do not believe 343 or Microsoft Studios have any plans for games of this type likely ever, and since I will not be attempting to make money off of this I see no reason for your comments to stop me whatsoever.

Instead, I see a stigma that the Halo series poses on you people here in the simulation community and forums. Seeing the word "Halo" scares people into thinking it is only a mindless, and unrealistic shooter. While the core games are exactly that, if anyone was to actually dig deeper into the Halo lore you will find a military science fiction orchard just ripe for the picking. There is room for the UNSC and its enemies (non-alien) to work in the Arma world.

To be honest, I never intended to win this contest. The thought never once crossed my mind.

My only objective was to get my mod project out into the open to see what people think of the idea.

As you all would rather discuss the hypothetical "legality" of the mod instead of the actual concept or project itself (even though as pointed out before Microsoft has not been in the mood to cease and desist anyone in a long time) I will be switching this entire project and post over to the Arma 3 Mod Discussion forums to continue updated and development.

A link to which can be found here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?177321-The-Eridanus-Insurrection-An-Arma-3-Total-Modication

Edited by spacenavy90

Sounds good, thank you for this modification. :)

hypothetical "legality"

There's nothing hypothetical about it, it breaks the law to make money off of their copyright, which is what you were planning on doing. I have no problem with your project, I have no problem with Halo, nor SciFi, or anything of that sort. You'll be pushing into new territory for A3 and it'll be a very good thing, I think. The only problem I and others had was that you were entering it into MANW. By doing so, you were attempting or hoping to make money from it, no matter what you claim you "intended" (By the way, posting it in the MANW section shows you "intended" to enter it into MANW and hoped to have a chance at the prize)

As for your claim that "you people here in the simulation community and forums" are afraid of Halo and that it's unrealistic and blablabla, you can take that line of thinking and shove it right up your posterior orifice, buddy, because nobody here even hinted at that, and because with that line you come across as trying to make it seem like you were bullied out or some crap. Grow the frak up.

There's nothing hypothetical about it, it breaks the law to make money off of their copyright, which is what you were planning on doing. I have no problem with your project, I have no problem with Halo, nor SciFi, or anything of that sort. You'll be pushing into new territory for A3 and it'll be a very good thing, I think. The only problem I and others had was that you were entering it into MANW. By doing so, you were attempting or hoping to make money from it, no matter what you claim you "intended" (By the way, posting it in the MANW section shows you "intended" to enter it into MANW and hoped to have a chance at the prize)

As for your claim that "you people here in the simulation community and forums" are afraid of Halo and that it's unrealistic and blablabla, you can take that line of thinking and shove it right up your posterior orifice, buddy, because nobody here even hinted at that, and because with that line you come across as trying to make it seem like you were bullied out or some crap. Grow the frak up.

Firstly, why don't we just settle down with the hostility there, pal? Because it is incredibly uncalled for and against the rules as of Rule #1.

Yes, I entered the MANW contest and promptly withdrew days later after seeing how the prize would interfere with the mod progression. Understand how that works? I noticed a mistake on my part and fixed it.

As for the "afraid of Halo" thing, this can be argued. But there multiple instants in the Arma 1/2/3 mod request posts where I have seen a few requests relating to Halo content and nearly every time someone had a smug little remark along the lines of "If you want to play Halo, just go play Halo." And that is exactly what I am talking about. Perhaps it isn't true for the whole community, but it is nothing to get upset about.

Edited by spacenavy90

[EDIT] Eh maybe I was too harsh. I edited everything out.

Edited by Handle1
I think I was too harsh

Sounds to me like you're going to be breaking a ton of copyright here.

Do bring it back then i can kill things with plesure

Sign in to follow this